Edinburgh v Glasgow II

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Glasgow II

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Fair comment CG
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Tue May 01, 2018 3:52 am

Weegie wrote:
macdone wrote:Anyone know who the young guy is behind Charlie Shiel is in the team photo? He was wearing one of the hi viz bibs with the subs during the warm up. Looked like he plays 2nd row \ back row perhaps?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43913039

I asked my (SRU contracted) son the same question during the warm up. Unhelpfully, I can't remember his name but he is an ex-George Watson's second row.

Hamish Bain? We do need another 2nd row. There's a decent chance Carmichael will be off with Scotland I reckon.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue May 01, 2018 10:22 am

Speaking of second rows, we haven't seen Callum Hunter-Hill yet, presumably they're trying to bulk him up a bit. In his cameo for Newcastle against Bath he looked very much at home at that level, dare I say it, future captain material - very impressive.

It's an exciting time for Edinburgh with all these young players
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Tue May 01, 2018 11:21 am

macdone wrote:
Weegie wrote:
macdone wrote:Anyone know who the young guy is behind Charlie Shiel is in the team photo? He was wearing one of the hi viz bibs with the subs during the warm up. Looked like he plays 2nd row \ back row perhaps?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43913039

I asked my (SRU contracted) son the same question during the warm up. Unhelpfully, I can't remember his name but he is an ex-George Watson's second row.

Hamish Bain? We do need another 2nd row. There's a decent chance Carmichael will be off with Scotland I reckon.

That's him.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum