Opponents onW/e of 4/5th May

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Opponents onW/e of 4/5th May

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 am

Not sure what the terms are but if the hosts have to guarantee a payment to the league then it is likely that Ireland will be the only ones confident enough to get a big crowd to do that.

I'm surprised the Welsh haven't though, given how well the Scarlets are going. Hopefully if Edinburgh can be competitive it will give the SRU the confidence to bid for these. It is not healthy for it to be in Dublin continuously.

Again if we had a 30k seat stadium it would help for this sort of game, our option of 18-20k or 67k really limits the options.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 am

In fairness, we hosted the final relatively recently (2016 - the year Connacht won) and have hosted the European cups a couple of times, so I don't think it's a question of the SRU needing the confidence to bid!
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:22 pm

The Welsh didn't want it, something to do with either the Monster trucks the previous weekend or Jay-Z the week after I think.

Pretty sure the SRU will want it again next year or the year after, I thought we made money from it.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:58 pm

biffer wrote:.

Pretty sure the SRU will want it again next year or the year after, I thought we made money from it.

It will be nice to support Edinburgh in a home final.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum