Munster Play Off

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Munster Play Off

Postby adi1314 on Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 am

A Forum - "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged"

Edinburgh Forum - "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on Edinburgh/Scottish Rugby can be exchanged" and then someone tells you, you are wrong!

The point of the forum is discussion, but some seem to use it as a pulpit to try and teach others. Which does put peoples backs up!

Let the teaching begin :D - the obvious event that has happened here, since Feb 2018 and 40 players to now and 45 blokes, is that RC has signed a new extended contract and I GUESS/my view/my considered opinion/IMHO RC has probably insisted/requested a larger squad!
adi1314
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed May 09, 2018 11:26 am

dolf_lundgren wrote:
biffer wrote:
joe soap wrote:
Is anything on here important?

Maybe we should just let BS stand unchallenged.

Will it make any difference? Nope.

Two or three pages on an argument about whether someone said 40 or 45 is pushing things a bit though.

No it isn't.

Right, I’m coming round to your house with my cricket bat after I’ve hammered a few nails through it.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed May 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Well that'll be the first time you've managed to hit the nail on the head on this forum!

Boom boom
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Wed May 09, 2018 1:46 pm

biffer wrote:
Two or three pages on an argument about whether someone said 40 or 45 is pushing things a bit though.

It was about whether he said 40 or whatever. It was about a load of nonsense about a budget cuts based on heehaw and still not withdrawn. And getting cook to realise we were never going to have a squad of 40. This forum is hard work sometimes.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed May 09, 2018 2:17 pm

double post
Last edited by Tichtheid on Wed May 09, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed May 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 pm

joe soap wrote:
biffer wrote:

It was about whether he said 40 or whatever. It was about a load of nonsense about a budget cuts based on heehaw and still not withdrawn. And getting cook to realise we were never going to have a squad of 40. This forum is hard work sometimes.

NOBODY CARES
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby adi1314 on Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm

joe soap wrote:
Pitfitter wrote:Perhaps RC thought that was the right number of players at that time, he has now changed his mind, or the circumstances have now changed for him, regardless no need to get hung about it at this stage?

Perhaps and perhaps. Certainly true Cockerill had just arrived via Toulon where the make registered squad is 35.
Personally I've no hang ups about what the final number is. My point was and remains it was never going to be 40 which wasn't rocket science e to work out. And taking the '40', plus a throwaway about pro team budgets in a different context suddenly was declared a budget cut as a fact. When in fact there is no evidence to suggest that quite the opposite of anything.

around 40. It wont be less than 40 at season start unless he has someone waiting to finish in the SH before moving here. I'll guess around 41-42 to start off, then additions as and when. And as Cockerill also said, better quality (he should have added overall) which can be done as he offloads bigger earners, some already identified another couple still to come is my guess.

Someone here talking about less than 40 at season start? Clearly not a rocket scientist that bloke was he?
adi1314
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed May 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Image

Brilliant, we have all done that.

Obviously I've never been wrong but others have and I have been quick to help them.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum