Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby joe soap on Wed May 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Weegie wrote:I'd have not known about it but for this thread. I got the email, but it went straight into my 'Promotions' (i.e. junk mail) folder.

A few seasons back there used to be loads of folk moaning about not getting emails. I was told it was mainly going to spam. But they blamed Petrie anyway, even though he had yet to be appointed.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed May 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Weegie wrote:
Pitfitter wrote:I don't remember getting an email re this, did they go to all ST holders or is there another requirement? Ta.

I'd have not known about it but for this thread. I got the email, but it went straight into my 'Promotions' (i.e. junk mail) folder.

I've had an email appear this avo
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm normally pretty supportive of the club, but this is a perfect example of a PR debacle.

They send out an email on 18th May inviting people to register until 1st June, when places will be allocated by ballot. Then on 22nd May they email again to say that registrations have now closed (4 days into their own 14 day registration window). The registration form link is closed, but then reappears a day later (presumably following complaints). Are registrations open again? Who knows, as no comms.

Season launch party with 'walk on water' head coach, free food = great PR
Everything since = club shooting itself in foot

Why oh why...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby GunnerRob on Thu May 24, 2018 8:37 am

I emailed them asking about this a couple of days ago. No answer yet.

I think I've emailed Edinburgh Rugby 3-4 times this season and never had a response.
GunnerRob
International

Postby biffer on Thu May 24, 2018 9:36 am

And this morning they've announced registration will stay open until 1st June. Jesus
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby KenMavor on Thu May 24, 2018 5:00 pm

biffer wrote:And this morning they've announced registration will stay open until 1st June. Jesus

Blind leading the partially sighted.
Brewery and pi** up.
Chocolate teapot.
Paper bag and way out.

.....there are other expressions available as well.
KenMavor
International

Postby Pitfitter on Thu May 24, 2018 8:24 pm

KenMavor wrote:
biffer wrote:And this morning they've announced registration will stay open until 1st June. Jesus

Blind leading the partially sighted.
Brewery and pi** up.
Chocolate teapot.
Paper bag and way out.

.....there are other expressions available as well.

I think you're being overly...............complementary there.
Pitfitter

Postby New Gunner on Mon May 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Presumably the announcement trailed for the 31st will include a season ticket launch. Searched my emails and the launch last year was mid July, so hopefully a little more organised this time. EDIT the club confirmed on Twitter that STs will be launched later this week...

Re: pricing, I've an email from summer 2012 launching the season tickets for 2012/13, at the same prices (certainly for my unreserved adult and U18 tickets) as 2017/18. That 2012 email referred to a slight adjustment compared to the previous year, reflecting increased investment in the squad (including WP Neil, Greg Tonks and AllBlack Ben Atiga!).

So we haven't seen an increase for 6 years, it's hard to argue that one isn't justified as inflation will have eroded these prices by 15% or more in real terms (and that's general inflation rather than pro rugby cost inflation).

Of course the problem is that people aren't falling over themselves to sign up for STs at frozen prices - Cockers would be justified if he was a little frustrated if there wasn't an uptick in demand given the significantly improved performances, but I didn't get the sense in the last few games that we were seeing a rise in attendances. Of course that's partly due to the ground-hopping.

Tricky one to pitch the prices in this environment of relative apathy lagging the better results, but if we want the team to continue to improve in performances, we're going to have to have more people through the gates and probably an increase in ticket prices...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Quite agree its a sad story that they haven't felt able to put prices up due to the product.

I likes Cockers theory, we need to play well enough that people don't have a choice but to support us.

If the prices went up 10% it wouldn't be crazy, although I suspect there would be a few dissenting voices.

So up £20, on the same day they announce Ali Price & Ruan Peinaar and we are sorted!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Quite agree its a sad story that they haven't felt able to put prices up due to the product.

I likes Cockers theory, we need to play well enough that people don't have a choice but to support us.

If the prices went up 10% it wouldn't be crazy, although I suspect there would be a few dissenting voices.

So up £20, on the same day they announce Ali Price & Ruan Peinaar and we are sorted!

...or an Augustine Pulu change of heart...

Still have the feeling that we're going to sign an experienced Super Rugby scrum half, just can't see us heading into next season with Fowles as no. 1 with Sheil learning the ropes, not when we've invested significantly at 10 and centre. SH is such a key position with respect to speed of service and tactical kicking...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Mon May 28, 2018 10:11 pm

New Gunner wrote:Re: pricing, I've an email from summer 2012 launching the season tickets for 2012/13, at the same prices (certainly for my unreserved adult and U18 tickets) as 2017/18. That 2012 email referred to a slight adjustment compared to the previous year, reflecting increased investment in the squad (including WP Neil, Greg Tonks and AllBlack Ben Atiga!).

So we haven't seen an increase for 6 years, it's hard to argue that one isn't justified as inflation will have eroded these prices by 15% or more in real terms (and that's general inflation rather than pro rugby cost inflation).

Of course the problem is that people aren't falling over themselves to sign up for STs at frozen prices - Cockers would be justified if he was a little frustrated if there wasn't an uptick in demand given the significantly improved performances, but I didn't get the sense in the last few games that we were seeing a rise in attendances. Of course that's partly due to the ground-hopping.

Tricky one to pitch the prices in this environment of relative apathy lagging the better results, but if we want the team to continue to improve in performances, we're going to have to have more people through the gates and probably an increase in ticket prices...

supply and demand plays a big part. Weegies sell STs to folk who can't go to every game because they fear they might not get a ticket otherwise. Never ever going to have anything close to that while Edinburgh play in the main Murrayfield.

If there is a mini Murrayfield, then I think its too soon to push prices much, and hen it will depend on capacity, facilities and then demand. If half uncovered, no access to the main stadium facilities, portaloos and a limited capacity bar, be ard to give STs away. These are the issues to avoid or solve properly.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu May 31, 2018 5:54 pm

Prices are out. £185 for a ST.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu May 31, 2018 6:13 pm

biffer wrote:Prices are out. £185 for a ST.

Or £210 for Gold, or in my case £120 for gold.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu May 31, 2018 6:47 pm

No mention of number of matches included in ST so is it held at £185 but one less match or will there be similar deal to what weegies had?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 am

couple of points trying to catch up on this.

Can't see a window for existing ST holders to renew their current seat

Blurb on website says prices actually reduced this season (for one season only). Can't remember last season, but tickets are really cheap compared to most professional rugby teams.

And the biggie, It does say on the blur that to ensure you get a ST next season, you should buy one this season. Now I think that is over egging it a bit, but the base point is true - if you want a good seat the following season, get a good one now (I'm sure here will be an attempt to offer like for like on renewals -should be anyway) - this is a message they need to hammer otherwise there is much less incentive to sign up for a ST this season as there is amazingly always spare good seats in Murrayfield, and cheap on a match by match basis if you don't/can't get to every game.

And finally can expect a substantial price increase next season.
joe soap
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum