Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby gone south on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:08 pm

You've got great value season tickets, 3 European Big Boy Cup and guaranteed seat at Scotstoun for the 1872 game. Get buying and make sure we need to extend the ground even more than the 10K.
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:24 pm

gone south wrote:You've got great value season tickets, 3 European Big Boy Cup and guaranteed seat at Scotstoun for the 1872 game. Get buying and make sure we need to extend the ground even more than the 10K.

We will be there GS don't you worry. Always enjoy the trip through to the west. Pleased at the capacity increase for the game and hope that they start doing this for the festive game as well. It's a tiny allocation ER get at present (300 odd?).
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:09 pm

gone south wrote:You've got great value season tickets, 3 European Big Boy Cup and guaranteed seat at Scotstoun for the 1872 game. Get buying and make sure we need to extend the ground even more than the 10K.

Temporary increase only, I imagine for this game then any home knock out games after
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby gone south on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Edinburgh Shark wrote:

Temporary increase only, I imagine for this game then any home knock out games after

Yeah, GW have already promised to increase capacity at the end of the season to 10K. If GW sell 6K season tickets and you do any more than 4K then they'll need to extend even more.
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Looking at the seating plan on the ST sales page, I estimate we have sold in the order of 1,550 Gold ST's and 700 Silver - Total of c. 2,250

Still early days and these will not all be paid for with the free u16 briefs on offer this season.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Wottie wrote:Looking at the seating plan on the ST sales page, I estimate we have sold in the order of 1,550 Gold ST's and 700 Silver - Total of c. 2,250

Still early days and these will not all be paid for with the free u16 briefs on offer this season.

Given the business club seats and fre kids STs, I reckon we’ll be lucky if it’s 1500
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Wottie wrote:Looking at the seating plan on the ST sales page, I estimate we have sold in the order of 1,550 Gold ST's and 700 Silver - Total of c. 2,250

Well done for taking the time to estimate it! A wee bit disappointed with that number given the pricing policy and free tickets, but as you say still early days - Doedin hasn't bought his yet :P
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:26 pm

New Gunner wrote:

Well done for taking the time to estimate it! A wee bit disappointed with that number given the pricing policy and free tickets, but as you say still early days - Doedin hasn't bought his yet :P

Apparently I can’t send messages on this board or on Glasgow’s board anymore. SRU conspiracy methinks.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:14 am

Try typing with your fingers rather than your forehead?

I agree it is a little disappointing, although it is still up from last year and these things take time to grow. Would the business club seats be included in the ST "dots"?

Any increase is welcome and there may well be a little run nearer the time. A lot of it comes down to availability pressure. The saving is not huge buying a ST, you don't have to miss too many games to not make it worth it. Its really down to the gold advantage of having specifc seats. That should change next season and it will be interesting to see how that goes.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:05 am

gone south wrote:
Edinburgh Shark wrote:

Yeah, GW have already promised to increase capacity at the end of the season to 10K. If GW sell 6K season tickets and you do any more than 4K then they'll need to extend even more.

Glasgow must have a limit on STs they can sell, they have to have a percentage of tickets free for away fans in H Cup. They also have restrictions on when / how often they can expand. If they have already hit their maximum ST limit there's nothing they can do. For now
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 am

biffer wrote:Given the business club seats and fre kids STs, I reckon we’ll be lucky if it’s 1500

Are the Business Club seats not over in the West Stand? If so I doubt that they will be included in the Gold and Silver areas and hence over and above the 2,250.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby gone south on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:57 am

Edinburgh Shark wrote:
Glasgow must have a limit on STs they can sell, they have to have a percentage of tickets free for away fans in H Cup. They also have restrictions on when / how often they can expand. If they have already hit their maximum ST limit there's nothing they can do. For now

They do have a limit which has already been reached. We sell out ST's circa 6K (no actual figures provided by GW, but you can tell when the tickets are released for purchase), if that is not the case this year when the renewal deadline comes up then there is a group of WarriorNation club folk that have first dibs on any unsold.
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 am

gone south wrote:
Edinburgh Shark wrote:

They do have a limit which has already been reached. We sell out ST's circa 6K (no actual figures provided by GW, but you can tell when the tickets are released for purchase), if that is not the case this year when the renewal deadline comes up then there is a group of WarriorNation club folk that have first dibs on any unsold.

Lovely problem to have!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby EWT spoons on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 am

Does anyone know how many Season tickets we sold last season? Is this better/worse/about normal?

I can't remember, so hoping someone else can.
EWT spoons
International

Postby Wottie on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:41 am

EWT spoons wrote:Does anyone know how many Season tickets we sold last season? Is this better/worse/about normal?

I can't remember, so hoping someone else can.

Nobody will know without intel from within ER. This year will certainly be better due to the free U16 tickets on the deal alone (ignoring things like the improvements to the squad, the new stadium plans, the relative success and improved entertainment value of last season and of course the burnt orange, which should all have a positive impact on sales - well perhaps not the last one!).

Others may have a view but I always thought we would be running at c. 1,500 ST sales over the past few years?
Wottie
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum