Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby dolf_lundgren on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm

That seems to be the accepted figure, I don't think the club ever stated it though.

It is a pretty embarrassingly low number but hopefully it will start to rise. It is not beyond possibility that it could be doubled this year. Hopefully anyway.

Losing is just a downward spiral, hopefully success gets us on the up and increases interest and ultimately budget.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:35 am

With us confirmed at Murrayfield I don’t think we will see many more ST sales this season with many to continue to pick which games they do attend, I do think we will see bigger crowds at the Euro games In particular, and v Toulon I would really like to see a crowd bigger than the capacity of Minifield for the following season.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:54 am

Agree with that TFG. Unless availing yourself of the free U16 ticket, it's still probably cheaper for most with missed games to go game to game. The late fixture release in Pro14 really doesn't help. We are having to commit to more and more in a busy family diary without knowing when games will be to work round where possible. It's something they need to look at. The Premiership fixtures have been out for about a fortnight now!

The one key benefit for the more strategic thinkers is having first dibs on reserved seats in Mini-Murrayfield for the following season IMO.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:07 am

Fairly certain ER tweeted that renewals this season were at a record rate early on, think there will have been a few upgrades from silver to gold in anticipation of getting a good seat at Minifield 2019/20 as well.

The new TV deal and delay in fixtures may have seen others hold off, Friday night suits some a lot better than Saturday conversely others may be able to attend a lot more games if the majority are on a Saturday and not constrained by a relative short time to travel to Murrayfield after work etc. but until fixtures are known I can see folk holding off.

Overall I think our average attendance, out with 1872, will go up to around the 5000 mark which, while not a big number, would be about a 25% increase and with a good season again this year I can see us adding at least the same again 2019/20 and having 6000-6500 in Minifield regularly would be real progress.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Has anyone received their ST yet?
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:31 pm

biffer wrote:Has anyone received their ST yet?

Nope. Normally the week before the first game or thereabouts?
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Bob on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 am

Won't be going for a ST this year, no longer living out that side of town. On the other hand I'll probably go to more games than the last couple of seasons and it should be easier to get a bit of a crowd to go to some of the games. Only got somone to go one game in myreside, BTM is an easier sell for friends who are even more casual supporters than myself
Bob
One cap wonder

Postby biffer on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:26 am

Mine has arrived. :D
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:40 am

Season tix seem to be off sale at the moment, strangely.

Is the once upon a time arrangement when there was access to the presidents suite bar happening, does anyone know?

Looks like the reserved seating is in the east stand so I'm guessing not?

Considering joining in again after all these years, which will cheer you all up no end, I'm sure :lol:

Thanks.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:28 am

The presdents suite is open for most games is it not? If not then shunted to the gods in the North.

There seems to be an issue with some tickets which were bought online but for some reason didn't go through. Know some who had to phone ticket office to sort it out. With the issues with tickets for Meggatland there does seem to be an issue.

Still selling 4200 was pretty good though.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:35 am

Le Jock Sportif wrote:Season tix seem to be off sale at the moment, strangely.

Is the once upon a time arrangement when there was access to the presidents suite bar happening, does anyone know?

Looks like the reserved seating is in the east stand so I'm guessing not?

Considering joining in again after all these years, which will cheer you all up no end, I'm sure :lol:

Thanks.

It has been a while for you, I’m guessing?

Reserved seating has been in the East Stand at least since I’ve been a ST holder (2012, after all I am ‘New’ Gunner :lol: ). The corporates are the only ones that sit in the West Stand these days. Either the Presidents’ and/or Thistle Suite (the other ‘half’ next to the Presidents’ Suite) will be open pre- and post-match, normally from 6pm. Decent bar menu these days, and you can access the ground down the West Stand steps.

Welcome back!
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks. Yes, a while.

Did I leave scottish rugby or did it leave me? Discussion for another time perhaps. :D
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:32 pm

Welcome back LJS! Forums been a duller place without you!

Don't know about online sales but I got my season ticket at the ticket office on Thursday without any hassle.
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Cheers, nudge
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Is anyone a student on here and can tell me the process of getting in to the ground?

I've been doing a postgrad for a year and thought I might get away with getting my season ticket at a student rate before I leave uni. I'm told I have to present a valid matric card at every game? True?

TIA
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum