Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby joe soap on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 pm

bignose wrote:
joe soap wrote:And the biggie, It does say on the blur that to ensure you get a ST next season, you should buy one this season. Now I think that is over egging it a bit, but the base point is true - if you want a good seat the following season, get a good one now


They've done that with the Scotland Season Tickets. There are no new Season Tickets available any more. Those bought through clubs have been capped against the number that were bought last year, commission has been reduced and clubs will be cut out of the communication loop with the season ticket holders during the coming season. Obviously someone in Marketing has decided that the season tickets are too good an offer. We'll see how that pans out in both contexts (Scotland, Edinburgh)


Scotland season passes a very different beast.
For a start Murrayfield has been selling out for Scotland games, not a problem Edinburgh have had. Season passes will be sold up to a limit to allow allocations for debentures, opposition and clubs as contracted to provide. Level of commission should be set to at least partly reflect how easy/difficult tickets are to sell. It is a shame if clubs are less involved but this all reflects how well Scotland tickets have sold, and season passes are cash up front. SRU needs to screw every pound from Murrayfield it can so as to afford players and new stadia.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't
joe soap
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby New Gunner on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Edinburgh: they mean well, but basic comms execution is beyond woeful...

1. (As I follow their social media channels I get the heads-up yesterday that season tickets would go on sale 10am Friday, with a free-for-all for reserved seats, first come first served..

2. The sale doesn't go live at 10am online, not sure when it did eventually get up and running but I got mine around 12, by which time (as others have posted) lots of seats have gone (presumably those who phoned / visited the ticket office).

3. I just received my email from Edinburgh this evening at 5pm letting me know I could buy season tickets from 10am today - handy...

4. Nowhere in the previous comms had I seen that each adult ST holder can take along an Under-16 supporter for FREE! Great news, but I've just spent £50 on a U16 season ticket, so information that would have been more useful before I did.

5. How would a reserved-seat ST holder take along a U16 free to each match if the seats beside them are occupied by other ST holders? Do they a) have to move to unreserved seating or b) sit the kid on their knee? :eek:

6. Nowhere on the link I used do I remember seeing that I only have 9 Pro14 matches included plus the Silver Saturday. So 10 home games v 11 last year not clearly explained as a factor for consideration in the pricing (although fair enough and expected). The Weegies got free entry to the Silver Saturday game to make up their 11th home league game last season (although their STs were on sale when 11 games were expected, and their STs cost more).

7. The Silver Saturday release says: "Discussions with PRO14 Rugby are in progress to retain the festive 1872 double-header fixtures for the ‘home’ and ‘away’ games between Edinburgh and Glasgow Warriors, with the ‘Silver Saturday’ match remaining as the deciding leg". Scratching my head on this one, as it suggests we'll have 2 home games v Glasgow, 6 home games v our conference - does it mean that we only have 2 home games v the other 6 teams in Glasgow's conference? Odd...

8. After Season Launch Gate (the ballot, early closing, reopening clusterruck), the Supporters' Club confirms that the event will be moved to the Pres Suite and all ST holders can attend. However my email tonight says that "Registration has now closed and places will now be allocated on a ballot basis".

9. Can't decide whether I feel sorry or not for reserved seats ST holders that have lost their seats next to mates etc, but can at least imagine how that would p!ss someone off. Set against that, why should the best seats be forever reserved for a long-standing group of supporters - am I less passionate about ER than them? They're not debentures after all. In all the confusion, I've ended up arguing with myself :roll:
New Gunner
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby biffer on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:58 pm

I'll bet point 7 is what they're trying, a swap of a game from next year's schedule so Edinburgh only get ten home games.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4104
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Don’t know of any club that doesn’t give existing ST holders the opportunity to renew their seats
Last edited by GaryIPA on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4295
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby joe soap on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

GaryIPA wrote:Don’t know of any club that doesn’t give existing ST holders the opportunity to review their seats

major clanger.
joe soap
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:50 pm

The explanation I was given was that when we moved to Myreside, the ER reserved seating info for Murrayfield was somehow deleted. That was why there was only a reserved area when we returned. Bearing in mind that they were able to work out seating for Myreside based on the Murrayfield info, surely it would have been easy enough to do the same in reverse.
User avatar
Flinty's Barmy Army
International
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Weegie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:04 am

Flinty's Barmy Army wrote:The explanation I was given was that when we moved to Myreside, the ER reserved seating info for Murrayfield was somehow deleted. That was why there was only a reserved area when we returned. Bearing in mind that they were able to work out seating for Myreside based on the Murrayfield info, surely it would have been easy enough to do the same in reverse.


You got an explanation? You must have been more persistent than I was.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Weegie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 am

New Gunner wrote:9. Can't decide whether I feel sorry or not for reserved seats ST holders that have lost their seats next to mates etc, but can at least imagine how that would p!ss someone off. Set against that, why should the best seats be forever reserved for a long-standing group of supporters - am I less passionate about ER than them? They're not debentures after all. In all the confusion, I've ended up arguing with myself :roll:


As others have said, this is absolutely standard across sports and indeed countries. Generally speaking, it takes time to get the best season ticket seats as they become available when older supporters do not renew. That is both a reward for long standing supporters, and an encouragement for them to renew and keep their seats. The more popular the club, and therefore the harder it is to get tickets, the greater the benefit / incentive.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Rasho on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:16 am

I managed to buy online just after 10am and get my old seats, so must be something wrong with ticket site for others. Can't believe (well I can, actually) the shambles of communications, again. Only thanks to this site I knew it was going on sale!
Rasho
Established pro
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Wottie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Weegie wrote:I was not best pleased. I only found out that tickets were on sale today yesterday, too late to phone the ticket office. We liked the people we have sat beside for years, but there is no guarantee they got their seats either. We are quite close by so no biggie from a convenience perspective, but I am a curmudgeon and hate having to talk to new people.


Hope I haven't pinched your seats Weegie? I just phoned up and asked for the the ones they had closest to the centre line and furthest back in the stand! Remember there's no such thing as strangers, only friends you haven't met yet! :wink:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Weegie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:26 pm

Wottie wrote:
Weegie wrote:I was not best pleased. I only found out that tickets were on sale today yesterday, too late to phone the ticket office. We liked the people we have sat beside for years, but there is no guarantee they got their seats either. We are quite close by so no biggie from a convenience perspective, but I am a curmudgeon and hate having to talk to new people.


Hope I haven't pinched your seats Weegie? I just phoned up and asked for the the ones they had closest to the centre line and furthest back in the stand! Remember there's no such thing as strangers, only friends you haven't met yet! :wink:


Next season the people sitting in U14 and U15 may be wondering why they are getting glared at.
Weegie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Funny in a sad way
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 4295
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Wottie on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Weegie wrote:Next season the people sitting in U14 and U15 may be wondering why they are getting glared at.


Phew!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Season Tickets

Postby New Gunner on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Wottie wrote:
Weegie wrote:Next season the people sitting in U14 and U15 may be wondering why they are getting glared at.


Phew!


Yep, that was close...
New Gunner
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:40 pm

Weegie wrote:
Flinty's Barmy Army wrote:The explanation I was given was that when we moved to Myreside, the ER reserved seating info for Murrayfield was somehow deleted. That was why there was only a reserved area when we returned. Bearing in mind that they were able to work out seating for Myreside based on the Murrayfield info, surely it would have been easy enough to do the same in reverse.


You got an explanation? You must have been more persistent than I was.


Nah, I just go nuclear.
User avatar
Flinty's Barmy Army
International
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests