Champions Cup 18/19

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Champions Cup 18/19

Postby The Chiel on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:25 am

The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Sexton hugely talented rugby player, but even more talented whiney ref badgering bawbag. Asking for yellows, holding his head when it has not been touched. shut up and play rugby you nut sack.

Rant over, Leinster playing well and absolutely relentless, think aforementioned nut sack will keep them in the wasp corners second half and they will run away with this.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 pm

One of the most thorough mullerings of an English team ever seen in this competition. Very impressive from Leinster, pretty embarrassing for Wasps. No doubt it was all down to Pro14 teams being able to rest their players blah blah yawn....
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby David990 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Leicester 0-43 Glasgow. We did it. Away from home too! Once the game hit the 50min mark Leinster afterburners were on. Some smexy Rugby thrown in there too.
David990
International

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:24 am

David990 wrote:Leicester 0-43 Glasgow. We did it. Away from home too! Once the game hit the 50min mark Leinster afterburners were on. Some smexy Rugby thrown in there too.

I’ve no wish to diminish Glasgow’s achievement that night because they were simply brilliant, they mullered the Tigers’ pack to the point where Ellis Genge was throwing the whole pram, let alone the toys. The Weedgie backs were magnificent, everything clicked and Leicester had no answer.

However, Leinster last night was a whole different thing, whilst other sides would have put up a fight against that Glasgow, I’m not sure many bar perhaps Sarries and Clermont or Stade Fr. would have withstood what Leinster did, even that is debatable.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am

Tichtheid wrote:
David990 wrote:Leicester 0-43 Glasgow. We did it. Away from home too! Once the game hit the 50min mark Leinster afterburners were on. Some smexy Rugby thrown in there too.

I’ve no wish to diminish Glasgow’s achievement that night because they were simply brilliant, they mullered the Tigers’ pack to the point where Ellis Genge was throwing the whole pram, let alone the toys. The Weedgie backs were magnificent, everything clicked and Leicester had no answer.

However, Leinster last night was a whole different thing, whilst other sides would have put up a fight against that Glasgow, I’m not sure many bar perhaps Sarries and Clermont or Stade Fr. would have withstood what Leinster did, even that is debatable.

agree TH. Leinster were different class last night, but also fair to say Wasps were abysmal with maybe a couple of exceptions. Of course as withe Weegie -Leicester game, hard to tell how much their paucity was down to Leinster's excellence, but latter have to be very strong favourites to retain the cup
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:42 pm

These are the games our players need to be playing in they are really going to progress-that's how the Leinsters and Munsters got so good by continual exposure to this level.Great chance for the likes of Kinghorn,McInally,Bradbury and Watson to see if they've got what it takesover today and next Saturday.
Just a pity DVDM is out otherwise this is as good as we can put out.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:50 am

Freddy Burns :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Newcastle up at Toulon at half time. Toulon are bad this year, think they could be in for a wake up call at BTM.

Glasgow being Sarried right now. Wilson and Itoje competing for most dislikeable player on the pitch, Itoje just ahead.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Falcons beat Toulon in Toulon!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Falcons beat Toulon in Toulon!

Way, way too early to call, but this has a makings of a potential five win Embra campaign if we win well against RCT next weekend.

You heard it here first. And hopefully not last ...
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Falcons beat Toulon in Toulon!

Good game. Not much flair in that Newcastle team but I liked the way they went about the game. Toulon are a bit ponderous but their maul is good.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 am

Worst result possible for us though. I fear Toulon will now be severely pumped up for us next wee now!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 am

Or they will have chucked this tournament already in a bid not to get relegated? All is not well there, if we can make a fast start they are definatelyy beatable.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 am

The Nudger wrote:Worst result possible for us though. I fear Toulon will now be severely pumped up for us next wee now!

Toulon don't seem to be motivated for any teams.

Seems a total meltdown over there. 12th in the Top14! Losing to a Falcons team with one all year and without key players at home, promising five signings after a loss - one being a Glasgow lock who's always injured and when not he's playing for Hawks, then announcing him without agreeing compensation.

They're a team of mercenaries who can't be bothered and clueless coaches with an insane owner at the best of times.

The last thing they want is to face a snarling Cockers pack at a cold Murrayfield. Would be disappointing if we don't win.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum