Champions Cup 18/19

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Champions Cup 18/19

Postby biffer on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 pm

We're beating Munster. It'll be an ugly ugly game, but we will.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:00 pm

gunneria wrote:
disco wrote:To save having the calculators out tomorrow here are all the possible permutations for Edinburgh and Glasgow arising from the final matches in Round 6:

Final round permutations.PNG

It doesn't matter now but can you do an alternative one for the colour blind, next time. I'm happy to drive you to any location to do this . :lol:

Apologies I never thought of that! I'll maybe try and throw numbers in there too next time - or see If I can get different shapes. Oh the possibilities... :P
disco
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 pm

disco wrote:
gunneria wrote:
disco wrote:To save having the calculators out tomorrow here are all the possible permutations for Edinburgh and Glasgow arising from the final matches in Round 6:

Final round permutations.PNG

It doesn't matter now but can you do an alternative one for the colour blind, next time. I'm happy to drive you to any location to do this . :lol:

Apologies I never thought of that! I'll maybe try and throw numbers in there too next time - or see If I can get different shapes. Oh the possibilities... :P

Club badges
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:29 pm

Just speculating but if Saracens beat Glasgow where would they play their SF? I'm pretty sure in past years they haven't used Twickenham but rather a football ground.
(Possibly not something to post on the Warriors forum please!)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:07 pm

liveinhope wrote:Just speculating but if Saracens beat Glasgow where would they play their SF? I'm pretty sure in past years they haven't used Twickenham but rather a football ground.
(Possibly not something to post on the Warriors forum please!)

They used the Madjeski the last time, Twickenham the two times before that.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Thanks ( thoughobviously hoping for a "home country" game of course!)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:25 pm

EPCR have tweaked the rules about semifinal venues. No problem with Murrayfield being used if Edinburgh have a home semi.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 am

biffer wrote:EPCR have tweaked the rules about semifinal venues. No problem with Murrayfield being used if Edinburgh have a home semi.

This is interesting, I thought they had to nominate their stadiums at the start of the tournament and presumably Glasgow will have nominated BTM as theirs (unless they have gone Rugby Park or Celtic Park)?
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 am

It makes sense for either Scottish team to play a semi final at Murrayfield, the SRU, and so the team, don't lose out on gate money by having to hire Celtic Park or wherever
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:48 am

Tichtheid wrote:It makes sense for either Scottish team to play a semi final at Murrayfield, the SRU, and so the team, don't lose out on gate money by having to hire Celtic Park or wherever

Agreed, but in a scenario where, lets say, Glasgow have nominated BTM for their home knockout games. If they were to meet Edinburgh and have home advantage, would EPCR allow the game to be played in Edinburgh's home ground (even if Glasgow were, which I think they know they won't be given the hoo-ha there was around the 3erd 1872 game / Silver Saturday)? The sooner we get mini-Murrayfield up and running the better as then the problem goes away!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 am

https://theoffsideline.com/champions-cu ... emi-final/

So looks like it’s a possibility. If both Scottish sides could get past their QF opponents, could they sell out BTM for a Champoins Cup Semi schedular don a Saturday afternoon? I actually think the Weeg would be OK with this, a blockbuster match like that should be at the national stadium and p*ssing away revenues by hiring a football ground makes no sense. This is a vey different matter to the 1872/Silver Saturday affair!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Yonthing on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:36 pm

Well it was nice being in the Champions Cup this season, back to the Challenge Cup next year and another trip to Siberia in the offing (and we thought Toulon was chilly❄️)
Yonthing
International

Postby BruceLee on Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Yonthing wrote:Well it was nice being in the Champions Cup this season, back to the Challenge Cup next year and another trip to Siberia in the offing (and we thought Toulon was chilly❄️)

we are where we are,and deserve to be in this posistion.A few players should be shown the exit door for next season,cause to be quite blunt they will never make it at this level as long as their DonalCourtney point down the way.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 pm

Anyone have an update on ticket sales? A look at the stadium map suggests many thousands since the announcement that 20k had been sold but would be interesting to have an accurate figure.
(As someone posted a couple of weeks ago 7 years ago in the lead-up to the Toulouse QF there were regular updates on the sales figures which all helped build up the hype and itself encourages the occasional spectator to want to be part of something big.)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:39 pm

liveinhope wrote:Anyone have an update on ticket sales? A look at the stadium map suggests many thousands since the announcement that 20k had been sold but would be interesting to have an accurate figure.
(As someone posted a couple of weeks ago 7 years ago in the lead-up to the Toulouse QF there were regular updates on the sales figures which all helped build up the hype and itself encourages the occasional spectator to want to be part of something big.)

Update email from ER this morning - 22,000 tickets sold, call to action for end of Early Bird pricing in next couple of days.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum