Always edinburgh

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Always edinburgh

Postby New Gunner on Mon May 28, 2018 8:21 pm

In recent years we've been the #blacknredarmy, shouted "'Gunners! Gunners!" in defiance of Usmanov's lawyers, been urged to #defendthecastle along with Edinburgh's #Knights, while trying unsuccessfully to #FillMyreside . Now we're #AlwaysEdinburgh...

No social media campaign or # has really cut through the apathy of the Edinburgh rugby public. Must be infuriating for the marketing department, but they are trying again, bless them.

Looks to be a bit of organisation about this (launch party debacle notwithstanding), let's see what comes on Thursday - maybe a rebranding along with the ST launch? Edinburgh Eternals? (Always 8) ), Edinburgh Eagles? Edinburgh Knights (although apparently held by an amateur ice hockey team)...

If they do try a branding refresh, I hope they've researched it, and stick to it and not let it quietly peter out after a couple of months...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Tue May 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Will always be the Gunners for me, so it would make my life easier if they just settled on that! I doubt Arsenal would be that bothered, we could challenge them to a game of British Bulldogs to sort it out if they're unwilling to agree peaceably.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Party Line on Tue May 29, 2018 12:34 pm

May be we are being told it's always Edinburgh because the club are moving to Kirkcaldy, is there a queer like smell?
The Party Line
International

Postby KenMavor on Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote:Will always be the Gunners for me, so it would make my life easier if they just settled on that! I doubt Arsenal would be that bothered, we could challenge them to a game of British Bulldogs to sort it out if they're unwilling to agree peaceably.

Embra Elite

Cocker's Cohorts

Cocks

I'm here all night.
KenMavor
International

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed May 30, 2018 10:01 am

I am thinking this will be the home stadium plan, ST launch is in June and they need to communicate where we will be playing before selling STs...you would think

Can't see us changing from "Edinburgh Rugby" now, even though we represent a wider area than the city itself which possible creates part of the identity issue in the first instance.

For what it is worth I quite liked the idea of Edinburgh Reivers combines the two primary catchment areas and has some historic value, but I think that ship has sailed, opportunity was there when the Borders team was pulled.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:I am thinking this will be the home stadium plan, ST launch is in June and they need to communicate where we will be playing before selling STs...you would think

Can't see us changing from "Edinburgh Rugby" now, even though we represent a wider area than the city itself which possible creates part of the identity issue in the first instance.

For what it is worth I quite liked the idea of Edinburgh Reivers combines the two primary catchment areas and has some historic value, but I think that ship has sailed, opportunity was there when the Borders team was pulled.

I think plan is the right word to use can't see us using anything other than the main stadium next season. Happy to be proved wrong.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Wed May 30, 2018 6:33 pm

The Supporters Club met with Edinburgh Rugby this morning at which time they intimated their immediate plans to advance their vision for the “club”

These plans are mostly very welcome, if not long overdue, and almost all supporters will be pleased with what they're going to implement. Having said that there may be a few contentious issues for some. Obviously we are not able to share these plans with you until after their announcement but we're sure most will want to join in the debate and discussions thereafter following which we hope will be a period of stability and growth.

Following representation from the Supporters Club regarding the Launch Party the venue has now been changed from the Up and Under Bar to the Presidents Suite and all Season Ticket Holders who have applied to attend will be invited. Consequently if STH's have not already applied please do so.

The Launch Party is a Season Ticket Holder only event but Edinburgh Rugby have promised that a similar event will be held for all supporters at a later date - possibly for a kit Launch pre start of the season.

We look forward to joining you for some lively debate in the coming days.

Always Edinburgh :)
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed May 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks Ron, sounds positive.

Did they explain why they had bypassed the supporters club re fan engagement?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed May 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Having said that there may be a few contentious issues

If they take away my courtesy match day handcarrige I will be LawrenceBryce livid and will make it my mission to TonySpreadbury in petries morning coffee everyday until it is reinstated.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
Having said that there may be a few contentious issues

If they take away my courtesy match day handcarrige I will be LawrenceBryce livid and will make it my mission to TonySpreadbury in petries morning coffee everyday until it is reinstated.

Is that a euphemism? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:airborne:
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu May 31, 2018 11:08 am

New stadium to be built on back pitches. Planning permission goes in today, play at main stadium next season with the intention for the new ground to be ready for 19/20
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Thu May 31, 2018 11:13 am

biffer wrote:New stadium to be built on back pitches. Planning permission goes in today, play at main stadium next season with the intention for the new ground to be ready for 19/20

Fan-tastic news.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby Frenchy on Thu May 31, 2018 11:22 am

Now-deleted tweet:

"We've got an outstanding campus, the best stadium in Scotland and we want to compliment that by building a new home for Edinburgh."

EDIT: Actual article: http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/18/05 ... urgh-rugby
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu May 31, 2018 11:26 am

Sounds good, looks like 4 temp stands. I would hope at least one of them will be permanent if possible. We can then see where it goes with the rest. I would have thought something which can then be used as more hospitality during internationals could work finanicially.

7800 capacity is about right for now, also sounds like there is the opportunity to extend if needed, hopefully that will be a problem! It will be interesting to see what effect this has on ST sales next season, if we can stay n the big boys cup it will be hard to get tickets for those games which is a first forEdibburgh.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu May 31, 2018 11:36 am

Very good news, it will be opening for my return to Edinburgh, too.

Coincidence?
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum