Always edinburgh

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Always edinburgh

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Weegie wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:Interesting, wonder if it is just Edinburgh or other teams too?

IIRC they were sponsors of English rugby many moons ago...

I think you are thinking of Save & Prosper. Principal and Prosper is an Edinburgh firm with offices in Glasgow and Kelso.

Yup you are right I was.

The Whisky guys have also stepped up their sponsorship and are looking to be more visible apparently, hopefully not with too many more of the painful vidoes of players playing pool with stunted conversation though!

More good news.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Kit looks good. Suspect some of the black and red mob will be going , oh.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:41 pm

GaryIPA wrote:Kit looks good. Suspect some of the black and red mob will be going , oh.

That new badge reminds me of when my baby daughters used to vomit pureed carrots on my chest :eek:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Wottie wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:Kit looks good. Suspect some of the black and red mob will be going , oh.

That new badge reminds me of when my baby daughters used to vomit pureed carrots on my chest :eek:

Those carrots get everywhere
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Wottie wrote:

Talented kid.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 am

biffer wrote:
Wottie wrote:

Talented kid.

:lol: it’s a genetic thing biffer!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:53 pm

when you guys play at minifield, will you still use the murrayfield changing facilities etc? Or does minifield have those?
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:57 pm

monkey wrote:when you guys play at minifield, will you still use the murrayfield changing facilities etc? Or does minifield have those?

Murrayfield facilities
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 am

biffer wrote:
monkey wrote:when you guys play at minifield, will you still use the murrayfield changing facilities etc? Or does minifield have those?

Murrayfield facilities

Cue further Weeg outrage and the conclusion that BTM cannot be a neutral ground if we change under it's stands day in day out! :roll:
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Given who asked the question that's probably true!

Do we not use the "away" dressing room including Jim Telfers pillar? No idea how many changing rooms are in there and how good the rest are but Scotland are allowed to use the "home" dressing room apparently.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:45 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Given who asked the question that's probably true!

Do we not use the "away" dressing room including Jim Telfers pillar? No idea how many changing rooms are in there and how good the rest are but Scotland are allowed to use the "home" dressing room apparently.

Don’t tell them about the secret tunnel
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:33 am

Yes Edinburgh use their own dressing room, not the International home one. Not sure about the visitors but assume that there is not a pair of visitor's dressing rooms and it's the same one for internationals and club games?
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:37 am

Wottie wrote:

Yes Edinburgh use their own dressing room, not the International home one. Not sure about the visitors but assume that there is not a pair of visitor's dressing rooms and it's the same one for internationals and club games?

The visitors dressing room for internationals is the one Edinburgh use as a home dressing room (the one with the pillar in the middle of it - remember Clive Woodward whining about it). There's a third dressing room behind the Scotland international one I think, which is the away one for club games.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:05 am

Apart from the international dressing rooms there are two further dressing rooms designated home and away, one on each side of the corridor from the main west stand entrance to the tunnel which, for Biffers interest, are a 250 m walk from the west goal line in minifield and 320m from the centre of the Water of Leith. :-D
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:21 am

Ron wrote:Apart from the international dressing rooms there are two further dressing rooms designated home and away, one on each side of the corridor from the main west stand entrance to the tunnel which, for Biffers interest, are a 250 m walk from the west goal line in minifield and 320m from the centre of the Water of Leith. :-D

So a properly neutral stadium after all then! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wottie
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum