Mini Murrayfied

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Mini Murrayfied

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:15 am

Ha ha,

Maybe it is the sharks with lasers they are objecting to?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 am

The deadline for representations and comments on the planning application has now expired. No committee date has been set it would appear but the deadline for determination of the application is the 3rd August so going to have to get a shift on. Only 9 comments showing on the web portal. There will no doubt be others submitted through other media.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am

I take it we cant see what the objections actually are? It would be good to know what the concerns are. Why wuodl the ice rink have an objection? Would seem to have very little effect on them anyway.

From submitting planning in other areas, usually the emails and letters are scanned and put up on the application portal. Strangely they usualy redact the address and contact details, whereas this seems to show the addresses of those commenting, I would have thought in the days of GDPR that would not have been on by the council.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:06 am

dolf_lundgren wrote:I take it we cant see what the objections actually are? It would be good to know what the concerns are. Why wuodl the ice rink have an objection? Would seem to have very little effect on them anyway.

From submitting planning in other areas, usually the emails and letters are scanned and put up on the application portal. Strangely they usualy redact the address and contact details, whereas this seems to show the addresses of those commenting, I would have thought in the days of GDPR that would not have been on by the council.

See Frenchy's post earlier in the thread:

"Comments/objections are publicly available after the application has been approved/denied.

Often organisations like these will object to particular aspects of a development (for example, if there's too much car parking), rather than the entire proposal. Objections generally (if not always) need to be backed up by existing council policy (parking standards, for example), or they are easily "set aside"."
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby GunnerRob on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Did the supporters club provide comment?
GunnerRob
International

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm

I can’t see it not being approved, somewhat ironically I think the biggest issue would be noise for the houses just over the WOL but I cant see it being a substantial enough issue to prevent it going ahead. Plus there is a good chance of at least a number of the objections being from our own ST holders unhappy about not being in the comfy confines of big Murrayfield, SHC leaving, or having to walk all the way around the big stadium to get to the new one.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Wottie wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:I take it we cant see what the objections actually are? It would be good to know what the concerns are. Why wuodl the ice rink have an objection? Would seem to have very little effect on them anyway.

See Frenchy's post earlier in the thread:

"Comments/objections are publicly available after the application has been approved/denied.

Often organisations like these will object to particular aspects of a development (for example, if there's too much car parking), rather than the entire proposal. Objections generally (if not always) need to be backed up by existing council policy (parking standards, for example), or they are easily "set aside"."

I'm now not sure on the first part of that.

Some planning applications have the comments/objections available to view in the list of documents (the Myreside application, for example), but some don't. Probably a reason for that, but I don't know what it is.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 pm

The Feral Goat wrote: ...... or having to walk all the way around the big stadium to get to the new one.

I'm not an expert in the field but I'm pretty sure being a lazy twat wouldn't be a valid ground for objection under the Town & Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:49 pm

It's a bit embarrassing that that one came from the players though! :lol:
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 am

Wottie wrote:The deadline for representations and comments on the planning application has now expired. No committee date has been set it would appear but the deadline for determination of the application is the 3rd August so going to have to get a shift on. Only 9 comments showing on the web portal. There will no doubt be others submitted through other media.

Looking again at the portal last night I noticed (for the 1st time) that the application is confirmed as being dealt with under delegated authority. In other words, it's not deemed contrary to policy or particularly contentious and hence will be decided by planning officers without reference the full Planning Committee. So no need to tie in with fixed meeting dates etc. We can therefore expect a decision before the deadline of the 3rd August, and all being well, they will be able to commence work in October as was communicated previously by Petrie.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby gone south on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:43 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:I can’t see it not being approved, somewhat ironically I think the biggest issue would be noise for the houses just over the WOL ......

Hahahahaha amplified werthers wrappers. :lol:
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Bath are looking at concepts to build the 'Stadium for Bath'

http://stadiumforbath.com/wp-content/up ... _FINAL.pdf

Some quite interesting stuff - a bit beyond what we'll probably build out the back, but still a reference point.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:23 am

Today is the determination deadline for the planning application. Will hopefully be issued and communicated today.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:14 am

Planning permission granted for Mini Murrayfield on Friday the 21st September.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 am

Wottie wrote:Planning permission granted for Mini Murrayfield on Friday the 21st September.

For some reason the Scotsman is only just reporting this today.

Oh well, good news anyway.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum