Mini Murrayfied

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Mini Murrayfied

Postby Wottie on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 am

As an Edinburgh resident who could walk to the game from the office on a Friday and or from home on a Saturday, Raeburn would certainly work for me but it's really not the answer for the many that arrive at the game from outside the city either by car or train where Murrayfield is infinitely more convenient, particularly on a Friday evening. Where did this rumour about the flip from Mini MF to Raeburn come from anyway? Has anyone been able to verify the source and it's credibility?
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:55 am

Wottie wrote:As an Edinburgh resident who could walk to the game from the office on a Friday and or from home on a Saturday, Raeburn would certainly work for me but it's really not the answer for the many that arrive at the game from outside the city either by car or train where Murrayfield is infinitely more convenient, particularly on a Friday evening. Where did this rumour about the flip from Mini MF to Raeburn come from anyway? Has anyone been able to verify the source and it's credibility?

See BigParrahandy's post at 12.02 on the previous page.

I agree on the non-goer status of RP. I used to live opposite the ground in Comely Bank Place and later along at the Colonies, it was a congested area which was a pita to get to by bus and parking was pot luck way back then (when we still had a clubhouse at Accies), let alone now.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:35 pm

Permission to start work granted at last although when it will actually start may be down to the weather/time of year?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:Permission to start work granted at last although when it will actually start may be down to the weather/time of year?

None the less,great piece on news,brightening up a Monday.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:39 pm

I imagine it will be ready for next season in any case. Or have I just jinxed it?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Due to start autumn and be ready for next season. TOL article also quotes MD saying we have sold a record number of STs this season...but without actually putting a number on it.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 am

Was last year not a record, but included free u16 tickets?

I would hope that ST sales will go up once getting into all games can’t be assumed. This feels very last chance, if this doesn’t work then we are back in the bowl for good. Win a few big games and mini will work I’m sure though.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm

The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 pm

In case anyone missed it, end of Feb update on the new Stadium. Foundations for the east and south stands are in so should hopefully see some above ground activity taking place quite soon.

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... e-february
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:19 am

joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:02 pm

I’ll hold judgement until I’ve sat in it, but the pillars don’t look good from a viewing perspective. Other than OST I can’t think why we. Haven’t gone for stands without them, plenty of others seem able to do it.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:11 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:I’ll hold judgement until I’ve sat in it, but the pillars don’t look good from a viewing perspective. Other than OST I can’t think why we. Haven’t gone for stands without them, plenty of others seem able to do it.

demountable or temp stands. Look same as the ones behind the posts at Scotstoun. Pillars do look like may be a problem. Also rake looks very shallow although that could be the photo misleading
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:43 pm

Does Scotstoun have pillars? If it is it must be half way back, rather than. At the front. The difference is that they are really the “cheap seats” we will be trying to sell them as premium. May well be fine but I’m wary. I thought the amount of money we were spending would get a bit better. The take on the fly through also looks an issue but could just be r graphics.

I can’t remember what the stands were like at Myrseide behind the posts, other than they were fine to watch the game.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:13 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Does Scotstoun have pillars? If it is it must be half way back, rather than. At the front. The difference is that they are really the “cheap seats” we will be trying to sell them as premium. May well be fine but I’m wary. I thought the amount of money we were spending would get a bit better. The take on the fly through also looks an issue but could just be r graphics.

I can’t remember what the stands were like at Myrseide behind the posts, other than they were fine to watch the game.

both seem slightly further back. Be ok I think unless right behind

joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Looks pretty permanent for a temp stadium.

The rake at myreside was quite shallow as well but I think that was partly due to the temp stands having really good leg room, only place I have not had my knees wedged on the row in front.

Pillars i think will just take getting used to rugby generally moves around park quick enough, we are pretty spoilt being in murrayfield where very few seats have poor views. Will be closer to the action and if it is 3/4 full or more should be good, unfortunately feels like we are a long way from experiencing live sport nevermind the new stadium at present.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum