Mini Murrayfied

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Mini Murrayfied

Postby BruceLee on Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:Some nights we could be outnoised by the deaf-mute society( no offence intended), I saw a women with a football rattle at the 1/4 final, that’s better than silence, we need “more roar” the team needs to know we’re behind them.

Too many green welly and tut tutters in the middle sections.Its like pulling teeth trying to even get these people clapping less getting them to actually shout or chant.We have had this problem in all the 18 years i have been going to matches,you want to give some of them a good shove to make sure they havent dosed off or they are adjusting their tartan leg warmers.Joking apart we need to be noisier!
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 pm

BruceLee wrote:
Pitfitter446 wrote:Some nights we could be outnoised by the deaf-mute society( no offence intended), I saw a women with a football rattle at the 1/4 final, that’s better than silence, we need “more roar” the team needs to know we’re behind them.

Too many green welly and tut tutters in the middle sections.Its like pulling teeth trying to even get these people clapping less getting them to actually shout or chant.We have had this problem in all the 18 years i have been going to matches,you want to give some of them a good shove to make sure they havent dosed off or they are adjusting their tartan leg warmers.Joking apart we need to be noisier!

We're getting there. More noise this season than in any previous season, quite noticeably. I'm assured that the players have noticed it and it's really appreciated.

The folk who don't like the noise seem to have moved away from the standing area over the last couple of years, bit more willingness to join in than in year's past I think. Need to keep growing off the pitch as well as on.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Silent or not, I'd be wary of having a go at the folk that turn up every week to support the team.

I'm on the south coast of England so I can't get there, but I will be able to next season when I am back home.

Get more people through the gate to watch a winning team and the noise will grow.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:10 am

I agree with not having a go at those that turn up, they were there when we were jamesmatthew and there now, we still need them (or their money at least.) I do have a bit of an issue about the inverse snobbery where there seem to be things you should and shouldn't do at a game (and what you should wear) albeit in jest. As far as I am concerned if you pay your money you can do what you want, but that you shouldnt be tutting at anyone else either.

Having said that I have never been overly concious of the tutting etc, but at the Munster game there was an old guy telling people to sit down a lot. He may have had mobility issues so not judging but it is the first time I had witnessed it first hand. He didnt seem to have an issue with me jumping up and down but I wasnt obstructing his view i suppose.

@biffer Im surprised people who wanted a quiet night were standing in the first place, seems a bit odd. I dont tend to mix with commoners but I can see some of them from my gold plated armchair and you seem quite boisterous!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby STKS on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Update from Craig Docherty (rather than our new MD)

As you will be aware, the club in partnership with Scottish Rugby, applied for planning permission for a new purpose-built 7,800-seater stadium on the back pitches at BT Murrayfield on 31 May 2018. At this time, we also applied for the necessary building warrants from the City of Edinburgh Council so work could start as soon as possible.

We gratefully received planning permission on 21 September 2018, but seven months on, the club continues to work with the council in order to bring the building warrant process to a conclusion.

With the building warrant process ongoing, we must now take the decision to continue playing our home matches on the international pitch at BT Murrayfield into the 2019/20 season in order to assist with planning for the forthcoming season and to provide clarity for supporters around ticket prices and Season Ticket Memberships.

In light of these circumstances, the club has taken the decision not to increase adult or concession Season Ticket or match ticket prices whilst we remain in the main bowl at BT Murrayfield.

Gold Season Ticket Members from the 2018/19 season onwards will have priority when transferring to the new stadium and further details on this process will be communicated at the appropriate time.

The club and Scottish Rugby remain committed to delivering a new stadium for the city’s professional rugby team and will continue to work proactively with their project consultants and the City of Edinburgh Council to make this happen.

Thank you for your patience as we work towards providing a suitable long-term home for the club and its valued supporters.

STKS
International

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Got this mail today too, at least we have some definite news, if not good.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:39 pm

is 7 months to clear the building warranty after planning consent granted typical ?
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:50 pm

I read into that that season tickets were going up in price and are not now until we move the the new site.

Season ticket prices are a hard one. The club can't be seen to price people out of coming, but season tickets are pretty cheap imho, and seem to be cheaper than most both for normal season tickets and especially for seniors.

We seem to be quite unimaginative with our offerings. I believe we need to keep seat prices reasonable to enable as many people as possible to attend, but this could be enhanced by various 'premium' offerings where additional benefits (clothing, discounts, events etc) are available to milk more money out of those who can afford it.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Weegie wrote:I read into that that season tickets were going up in price and are not now until we move the the new site.

Season ticket prices are a hard one. The club can't be seen to price people out of coming, but season tickets are pretty cheap imho, and seem to be cheaper than most both for normal season tickets and especially for seniors.

We seem to be quite unimaginative with our offerings. I believe we need to keep seat prices reasonable to enable as many people as possible to attend, but this could be enhanced by various 'premium' offerings where additional benefits (clothing, discounts, events etc) are available to milk more money out of those who can afford it.

agree with you there. Prices compare well currently with others, except maybe the strugglers.
I think the Weegies went up when they moved, but not hugely, then the hike got bigger with success and demand. I'd hope Edinburgh do similar (not that I want big increases :D ) but being realistic about it, a sensible way forward.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby STKS on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:12 pm

If the atmosphere improves and the facilities are good I don't mind paying a bit more. I go to games with my dad and his season ticket is 50% off since he's a pensioner (I rib him for it regularly), that's a crazy saving.
STKS
International

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:19 pm

It probably balances out that what we lose in terms of ST and "normal" match tickets we gain in being able to see a larger number for 1872 and euro games.

They cant really put prices up much, until ther eis a scarecity. I buy a ST, but in reality I am not much better off that buying a walk up ticket, I miss a few games each season with work etc and there is never an advantage to being a ST by having first access to tickets, there is never a shortage.

Just to have a rant, actually having a silver ST is a disadvantage for 1872 games as we got stuff in near enough the front row of the North East corner with a jamesmatthew view of the pitch. Pretty poor really, probably shoudl have tried to move but didn't realise until too late.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:36 pm

I agree that there is never a shortage so putting up seat prices may not work. But that is why making offerings over and above seats may bring in more cash. For example, for an extra £99 on any season ticket at Cardiff you get :

Why not upgrade and become a Gold Member with Cardiff Blues. Our Gold Membership includes:

Complimentary 2019/20 Official Home Jersey (£60 value)
Private Gold Member Evening - Player Meet and Greet in the home changing room (complimentary drink & canapés)
VIP behind-the-scenes tour experience
First access & invitation to all season member events
15% discount in the Cardiff Blues retail store
Name recognition and presence at Cardiff Arms Park
10% off all additional regular season match tickets
20% off Cardiff Blues hospitality
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:55 am

joe soap wrote:is 7 months to clear the building warranty after planning consent granted typical ?

Edinburgh Council's Building Control department are a shambles just now JS. The impact of austerity, council cuts and inefficiency means they just don't have the resource to process all the applications they have before them. There are reports of people waiting over a year to get warrants for simple stuff like loft conversions and retailers over 6 months for shop fit outs. I do wonder if the shenanigans there was around the planning process may not be adding a bit on as well. Let's face it the council have never been all that SRU friendly have they?

It's a pretty public way to highlight it however with ER having to accept another year in the international stadium as I'm not sure it's all that feasible / desirable to flip midway through a season. If I was a coach I would want to have the new facilities there for preseason and warm up games before going into the season proper.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Wottie wrote:
joe soap wrote:is 7 months to clear the building warranty after planning consent granted typical ?

Edinburgh Council's Building Control department are a shambles just now JS. The impact of austerity, council cuts and inefficiency means they just don't have the resource to process all the applications they have before them. There are reports of people waiting over a year to get warrants for simple stuff like loft conversions and retailers over 6 months for shop fit outs. I do wonder if the shenanigans there was around the planning process may not be adding a bit on as well. Let's face it the council have never been all that SRU friendly have they?

It's a pretty public way to highlight it however with ER having to accept another year in the international stadium as I'm not sure it's all that feasible / desirable to flip midway through a season. If I was a coach I would want to have the new facilities there for preseason and warm up games before going into the season proper.

tks Wottie. I knew all cooncils are suffering, does sound like now got to a level where even investment is being hampered and will affect employment. Shambles. LawrenceBryce austerity, and will get worse after Brexshit
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:38 pm

joe soap wrote:
Wottie wrote:

tks Wottie. I knew all cooncils are suffering, does sound like now got to a level where even investment is being hampered and will affect employment. Shambles. LawrenceBryce austerity, and will get worse after Brexshit

Assuming that it's the council that's the hold-up. It could well be that the SRU are trying to cut some costs (value engineering, I think it used to be called) and that Building Control are holding them to account and insisting that they can't. In fairness, neither organisation involved has any reputation for slick project management.
bignose
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum