Fixtures 18-19

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Fixtures 18-19

Postby Claire on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:03 am

Pro14 have just announced that they're going to be announcing the fixtures on Tuesday at 2pm.. Finally!!
Claire
Embra Debut

Postby Wottie on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Pro14 fixtures officially released 2pm on Tuesday 24th July.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Wottie wrote:Pro14 fixtures officially released 2pm on Tuesday 24th July.

Opening fixtures apparently been leaked in advance, we're away at Ospreys on the first weekend.

Quite good that the fixture dates and kick-off times are being announced all the way to Round 17 on Tuesday, quite often it's just 'weekend of' further out.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 pm

New Gunner wrote:

Opening fixtures apparently been leaked in advance, we're away at Ospreys on the first weekend.

Quite good that the fixture dates and kick-off times are being announced all the way to Round 17 on Tuesday, quite often it's just 'weekend of' further out.

Advantage of a single broadcaster?
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:30 am

Going to be intriguing to see when we are sent down to SA and the mix of Friday, Saturday and Sunday games we get. I'm sure one of the things that will need to be rotated in the fixtures season on season is when teams go down to South Africa for their double headers relative to the main AI and 6N's international windows.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Away to Ospreys followed by away to Ulster, according to this: https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 38381.html

A long wait for a first competitive home game - sure is a long close season.

In other news, Virgin Media are giving subscribers two months' free access to Premier Sports...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:04 pm

biffer wrote:
New Gunner wrote:

Advantage of a single broadcaster?

Undoubtedly easier than before, although still EirSports, SuperSport and Premier to negotiate. Heard nothing further on S4C being awarded some games...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:20 am

Could argue it's harder, trying to fit all games around 1 broadcaster, think how many Friday games the league tends to have, fair amount of negotiation needed to fill Saturday schedule
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:04 am

Edinburgh Shark wrote:Could argue it's harder, trying to fit all games around 1 broadcaster, think how many Friday games the league tends to have, fair amount of negotiation needed to fill Saturday schedule

Most weekends in the past it's normally been a 2-5 or 3-4 Saturday-Sunday split. So not as much of a problem as might be expected given they said they were anticipating 2 games on a Friday and 4 on a Saturday (I'm assuming the other game is the FTA game but no mention if that's in a regular slot).
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:17 pm

So fixtures are out for all but 4 of the Pro14 Rounds. Some observations / conclusions:

1. 4 matches still to be scheduled although we know the last one will be away to Glasgow at Scotstoun probably on the Saturday the 27th April.
2. Of our 8 scheduled home games so far, 5 of them are on Friday evening and 3 on Saturday
3. Of our 9 scheduled away games so far, 4 are on Friday evening, 4 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday
4. It looks like the SRU have intimated a preference for Friday fixtures for our home games?
5. Cardiff match at Murrayfield scheduled for 23rd Feb is going to be fun. It’s a Saturday and Scotland play France away and England play Wales in the 6N before our KO in the evening. Big day out that looks like!
6. Other than the two outings in our bio-suits through to Glasgow, the pick of the away fixtures for a trip would appear to be; Belfast on 7th September, Dublin on 22nd September and Cork on 30th November. We also have away fixtures in Europe to Newcastle (barley an away fixture!), and two trips to the French Riviera for Toulon and Montpelier still to be scheduled.
7. As usual with Pro14 everything is “subject to change"
8. Single away game in SA this season at the Kings is at the end of January so week before the start of the 6Ns.
9. 3rd leg of 1872 Cup not shown as fixed yet :wink:
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Tough start but at least it will give us an indication of where we are as a team, most interesting game imo is the Scarlett’s game on the night before the Doddie Weir Wales/ Scotland match, will be interesting to see how many of the internationalists will be released back to their clubs.
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Tough start and tough finish!

Mainly Fridays, which is great. The Saturday game v Cardiff in the 6 Nations will indeed be a very, very long day. I will likely need the score written down for me so I know it the next morning.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:30 pm

biffer wrote:Tough start and tough finish!

Mainly Fridays, which is great. The Saturday game v Cardiff in the 6 Nations will indeed be a very, very long day. I will likely need the score written down for me so I know it the next morning.

If it helps, I'd be prepared to write it backwards on your forehead with a marker pen for you Biffer!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Wottie wrote:

If it helps, I'd be prepared to write it backwards on your forehead with a marker pen for you Biffer!

Much appreciated.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Wottie wrote:

Good idea, when Biffer wakes up face down in a kebab he can read the result off the pitta
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum