Fixtures 18-19

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Fixtures 18-19

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:14 am

Anyone got any idea when the European Cup fixture dates are announced?
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:18 am

Crichton Gunner wrote:Anyone got any idea when the European Cup fixture dates are announced?

Can't see any announcement yet, but I'm sure I read somewhere that they are to be released mid-August.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
Crichton Gunner wrote:Anyone got any idea when the European Cup fixture dates are announced?

Can't see any announcement yet, but I'm sure I read somewhere that they are to be released mid-August.

As above after the Pro14 fixtures were announced EPCR said they expected to confirm Euro fixtures within 2 weeks I think

EDIT: Champions cup tweet said on 27 July "...we expect to be in a position in announce the pool stage fixtures in around two weeks time"
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks. I wish they'd get these dates sorted sooner - my family have already been booking things on our calendar for around that time, so the sooner I can get these matches on the better!
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:34 pm

I've got a work trip to Toulouse first week in December, so the weekend following it is a euro weekend. Hoping for some good fixtures in the area on the Friday and Saturday. Any of their home fixtures (Leinster, Bath, Wasps) would be brilliant, and if we're in the south of France that weekend all the better.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Dragons will be decent this year - a lot of good signings and underperformed last year.

Scarlets will be weaker without Barclay and Beirne and then Pivac starting to think about Wales - like Glasgow dropped off when it was announced Toonie was off.

(1) Edinburgh (2) Leinster (3) Ulster for me.

That's very harsh for Scarlets. It could be the opposite for Pivac's last season : a brilliant sucess. I would be very surprised if they didn't even qualify for play-offs. Afetr all, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne is there ! :twisted: :lol:
And finishing ahead of Leinster is quite optimistic !
germain
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:10 pm

germain wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:Dragons will be decent this year - a lot of good signings and underperformed last year.

Scarlets will be weaker without Barclay and Beirne and then Pivac starting to think about Wales - like Glasgow dropped off when it was announced Toonie was off.

(1) Edinburgh (2) Leinster (3) Ulster for me.

That's very harsh for Scarlets. It could be the opposite for Pivac's last season : a brilliant sucess. I would be very surprised if they didn't even qualify for play-offs. Afetr all, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne is there ! :twisted: :lol:
And finishing ahead of Leinster is quite optimistic !

We won more games than they did in the Pro14 last year and were not many points off them. This year I expect us to improve further but we could struggle to balance the league and cups, however I don't expect us to go as deep in the CC as Leinster.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 am

Surely Euro fixtures out this week? Already well past the "two weeks from last of the various league announcements".
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 am

liveinhope wrote:Surely Euro fixtures out this week? Already well past the "two weeks from last of the various league announcements".

Rounds 1-6 announced midday Friday
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:21 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
liveinhope wrote:Surely Euro fixtures out this week? Already well past the "two weeks from last of the various league announcements".

Rounds 1-6 announced midday Friday

Montpellier away Sat Oct 13
Toulon home Sat Oct 20
Newcastle home Fri Dec 7
Newcastle away Sun Dec 16
Toulon away Sat Jan 12
Montpellier home Fri Jan 18
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:15 pm

I reckon the overall scheduling is just about as good as we could have hoped for from a supporters point of view. We are clearly benefitting from being with the high profile Toulon and Montpellier teams.Equally the Newcastle fixtures are well placed giving us Friday night at home and the away fixture nicely timed at 3.15 on the Sunday to maximise travelling support for an easy day trip by road or rail.
Now we just need the players to give us something to shout about...!
(Commensurately Glasgow have a very poor listing-too many 1pm Saturday afternoons!)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum