Fixtures 18-19

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Fixtures 18-19

Postby biffer on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:01 am

Can't be too long before they're out, surely. I know they were later last year but that was because of the change to the league structure.

We should have

home - Leinster, Scarlets, Ulster, Dragons, Treviso, Kings, Connacht, Cheetahs, Cardiff, Glasgow

away - Leinster, Scarlets, Ulster, Dragons, Treviso, Kings, Munster, Ospreys, Zebre, Glasgow

plus whatever the third Glasgow game ends up being classed as.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Fixtures 18-19

Postby New Gunner on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Another 2 weeks or so according to Anayi - mid-July, around same time as last year. Also mentioned everyone who had 11 home games will have 10 home games this year, so sounds like the Weegie campaign has worked. Bombrys has said that Glasgow has put forward a proposal to have 2 1872 games ‘in Glasgow’ this season, so sounds like one at Parkhead as a dry run for one of the games.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 pm

New Gunner wrote:Another 2 weeks or so according to Anayi - mid-July, around same time as last year. Also mentioned everyone who had 11 home games will have 10 home games this year, so sounds like the Weegie campaign has worked. Bombrys has said that Glasgow has put forward a proposal to have 2 1872 games ‘in Glasgow’ this season, so sounds like one at Parkhead as a dry run for one of the games.

No problem with that, but I'll be TonySpreadbury if they maintain the Silver Saturday thing in preference to the Christmas double header.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Could well be that, although Silver Saturday. An only really happen at Murrayfield as the need 2 pitches.

2 games on Glasgow within a week wouldn't be good from a marketing point of view. They have made a bit of a KelvinDeaker of this whole thing by adding it into silver Saturday. I don't think there really is a perfect answer. Also almost 5% of weedgies are up I need arms about this. Surprised they haven't been at the gates of Scotstoun with pitch forks!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:22 pm

biffer wrote:
New Gunner wrote:Another 2 weeks or so according to Anayi - mid-July, around same time as last year. Also mentioned everyone who had 11 home games will have 10 home games this year, so sounds like the Weegie campaign has worked. Bombrys has said that Glasgow has put forward a proposal to have 2 1872 games ‘in Glasgow’ this season, so sounds like one at Parkhead as a dry run for one of the games.

No problem with that, but I'll be TonySpreadbury if they maintain the Silver Saturday thing in preference to the Christmas double header.

Double post
Last edited by disco on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:23 pm

biffer wrote:

Edinburgh season ticket blurb specifically stated you were getting a ticket to a home 1872 cup tie + a ticket to Silver Saturday.

I would have thought the proposal would have to be Silver Saturday that was moving to Glasgow or else they're creating issues with the Edinburgh STs that have already been sold.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:51 am

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some wiggle room in the small print to allow for late changes to fixtures, as far as I recall this time last year we still had 12 teams in the competition.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:02 am

Might be wrong but does the season ticket info not just say a ticket for Silver Sat, it doesn't say where or exactly what that is?

I woudlnt be that upset about having to go west for that game, good opportunity to try a new venue. WOulndt be surprised if it was rugby park rather then parkhead though. It will be a good test as to whether the casual rugby fan who comes to 1872 games rates the day out at Murrayfield or the game itself. I think it will be a bit of both. I know I have family who come to Murrayfield but wouldn't go to a football stadium. They are central belt too so its not just travel. On the other hand it may attract some from the west who wouldnt be drawn to Murrayfield.

Either way I will do my best to keep my nappy dry over it if and when a change is announced.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:13 am

Tichtheid wrote:I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some wiggle room in the small print to allow for late changes to fixtures, as far as I recall this time last year we still had 12 teams in the competition.

Correct, but the ST's went on sale late last year, after the conference make up and format was settled (but before the actual match fixtures were announced).
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:17 am

dolf_lundgren wrote:Might be wrong but does the season ticket info not just say a ticket for Silver Sat, it doesn't say where or exactly what that is?

From hbob's post on the Season Ticket thread:

What's Included?
Access to pre season friendly against Bath
Access to ten Guinness PRO14 home games (including 1872 Cup home game)
Access to three home European Champions Cup pool matches
U16s go free with adult Season Ticket Members for the full season (one child per Season Ticket Member)
Free ticket to Silver Saturday - which incorporates BT Cup Finals Day and the deciding leg of the 1872 Cup against Glasgow
Priority access to tickets for Guinness PRO14 and European Champions Cup knock-out matches when appropriate
Exclusive access to Season Ticket Member events and competitions throughout the season
Membership gift pack packed with exclusive goodies
Entry into a prize draw for the chance to present one of nine Try of the Month Awards
First choice of seating in proposed new stadium for 2019/20
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:30 am

Wottie wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:Might be wrong but does the season ticket info not just say a ticket for Silver Sat, it doesn't say where or exactly what that is?

What's Included?
U16s go free with adult Season Ticket Members for the full season (one child per Season Ticket Member)
Free ticket to Silver Saturday - which incorporates BT Cup Finals Day and the deciding leg of the 1872 Cup against Glasgow
Priority access to tickets for Guinness PRO14 and European Champions Cup knock-out matches when appropriate
Exclusive access to Season Ticket Member events and competitions throughout the season
Entry into a prize draw for the chance to present one of nine Try of the Month Awards

So it says what, but not where.....
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:13 am

English Premiership fixtures out today

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/fixtur ... -fixtures/
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:19 am

I hope those nasty English clubs don't move games to bigger stadiums just for the filthy lucre and chance to encrouge non season ticket holders along!

With SS I cant see how it can be played elsewhere, there are too many games now. Hampden might if they can use Lesser hampden but other than that where else has 2 pitches?

Unless they shut a street in Dundee and play there???
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:26 am

Wottie wrote:

What's Included?

From Edinburgh's ticket Sales Ts & Cs

6.2. In particular, you should note the following:

6.2.1. the dates, locations and times of all of Matches are subject to alteration and Edinburgh Rugby will have no liability to you if these are altered;
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:34 pm

I think from the non-pro club perspective, Silver Saturday can and should only be played at BTM, the home of Scottish Rugby. That's where they will want to play and it would be a real shame for it to be moved to a football stadium somewhere else in the country. As Dolf has said, there is also the need for multiple pitches at the host venue and there are precious few suitable options (if any) that would tick that box.

If anything is to change in terms of the 3rd 1872 game for this season, it should be separated from Silver Saturday. I know that would depart form what has been "promised" (to use the Weegie parlance) in the ST sales details, but I would like to think us gentle folk in the east will be a little less militant about a change like this, particularly if the SRU offered a return / refund alongside it for anyone who thought that such a change suddently rendered the ST sh*te value :roll:

I'm assuming that once we move to our new stadium, the home / away / national stadium approach to 1872 going forward each season will be a much more acceptable approach that can be properly communicated to prospective ST purchasers. The 1872 game needs to be moved to the afternoon to avoid the travel issues of this year. I get this will never be acceptable to some in the West, and I understand that.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum