Edinburgh Vs Leinster RDS 21/09/2018 7:35

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh Vs Leinster RDS 21/09/2018 7:35

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:15 pm

disco wrote:If they can talk it down to a strike with the arm (to the head) then the entry point is 4 weeks.

McFadden got 3 weeks. Which made a total mockery of Mitrea's failure to produce a card of any colour at the time!

https://ontopofthemoon.com/2016/04/22/mcfadden-v-hoyland-the-disciplinary-process/

My mistake, I was so incensed with the on-field decision that I had forgotten McFAdden got three weeks

At the time I recall reading that one of the Leinster bench was getting stripped off ready to replace him, but then that happened and after the first viewing of the replay the player sat back down again, conviced McFadden was would be sent off.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm

If Schoeman is banned for a while great opportunity for Sutherland and Marfo. World cup year - they should be on fire!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
disco wrote:If they can talk it down to a strike with the arm (to the head) then the entry point is 4 weeks.

McFadden got 3 weeks. Which made a total mockery of Mitrea's failure to produce a card of any colour at the time!

https://ontopofthemoon.com/2016/04/22/mcfadden-v-hoyland-the-disciplinary-process/

My mistake, I was so incensed with the on-field decision that I had forgotten McFAdden got three weeks

At the time I recall reading that one of the Leinster bench was getting stripped off ready to replace him, but then that happened and after the first viewing of the replay the player sat back down again, conviced McFadden was would be sent off.

One of the strangest onfield decisions I can remember seeing. Even before the change in the regs on contact with the head that was still a red card all day long.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:16 pm

I’ve just watched the “Highlights” of our game at the weekend.

Leinster are so strong in the very area we are weak, they have so many attacking options in their playbook it’s not funny. For many years now I’ve admired (grudgingly, but admired right enough) their running lines and support play. Add in the old chestnut of doing the basics very well and you have what they are – a very good unit indeed.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:01 pm

I’ve finally seen the game. That was not a five tries to one battering, except of course it was in terms of the scoreline. We really should have scored during that first half when we were camped on their line, but then again Leinster had a 30 phase passage of play on ours before that which also came to nought. The difference was of course in their execution later in the match.

Whenever we got something going we made stupid unforced errors.They looked much better drilled and more confident in running some nice training ground moves, we lost focus at crucial times, especially in a couple of scrums, though if truth be told I’m ragin at a couple of decisions the ref made there.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum