Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh Rugby FPs & Others

Postby Frenchy on Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:19 am

Aside from the obvious, it's good to see a good word in there for John Andress, another ex-Edinburgh prop too.

"John Andress, his agent and himself a former prop, was a fabulous ally"
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby JDCSR on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:28 pm

joe soap wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:Another good article from Jamie lyall.

Another tough read about a former player, luckily Cosgrove appears to be through worst.

https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/rugby-in ... ssion=true

thanks for posting that link.

Didn't know whether to smash my laptop screen in anger or just cry.

Best wishes to Jack Cosgrove. I hope as an agent he screws that shower of scum from Newport

I think scum is a bit harsh, they did afterall pay the rest of his 18 month contract in full. Sadly I'm not convinced that the actions of the physio, doctor and others involved who never reached out (which are deplorable) aren't the standard in the sport which which basically what Jack calls out.

Really hope he continues to push on from what is a horrible account to read.
JDCSR
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:00 pm

I guess he is a former player now. Duhan starts on Saturday for the Lions along with Watson and Sutherland.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:09 pm

JDCSR wrote:
joe soap wrote:

Another tough read about a former player, luckily Cosgrove appears to be through worst.

Best wishes to Jack Cosgrove. I hope as an agent he screws that shower of scum from Newport

I think scum is a bit harsh, they did afterall pay the rest of his 18 month contract in full. Sadly I'm not convinced that the actions of the physio, doctor and others involved who never reached out (which are deplorable) aren't the standard in the sport which which basically what Jack calls out.

don't be so naive. Their insurance paid up, and Dregs scum would be desperate to ensure it did to hope to avoid a law suit which would cost a fortune in costs, damages and wages. Scum is too good a word for any organisation that behaved like that and employs idiots like that
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:13 pm

If injured through your job in a regular workplace, would you not be compensated much more that a seasons salary. I know this couldn't apply to lots of semi expected injuries, but a freak like occurrence that affect your post rugby career like losing your eyesight.

I think he has grounds to sue the Drags, if not for the workplace injury, for lack of care afterwards. Not ensuring he got immediate competent care for the injury sustained on their premises, and for putting his life at risk by encouraging him to drive to Cardiff/A&E. I would hope that would never happen at Edinburgh, but players need to wise up on the loyalty front, the clubs will protect themselves and players need to do the same.

Awful situation and good to hear he is through the worst, hope the other player involved got some support too as he presumably feels terrible too.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:34 pm

The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:59 am

Eroni Sau is showing up well against the All Blacks.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:46 pm

Murray McCallum signed for Glasgow. Made too much sense.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Murray McCallum signed for Glasgow. Made too much sense.

I wonder if he will get that much more gametime through there with Fagerson and Berghan ahead of him. Good for him to actually have a contract though.

Glasgow taking on our mantle as prop stockpilers. Think they're getting McBeth in on the loosehead sign as well?
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:31 pm

Does seem odd they are stockpiling SQ players at a time when we seem to be importing NSQ players.

McCallum needs games, so wherever he is I hope he gets that. The danger with short term is that he may not get anything after that. I would assume as a minimum he will get involved with S6, not ideal but keeps him playing. I woudl have thought he would get a gig in the championship relatively easily, although possibly the wages are enticing enough to make a move?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:48 pm

I guess McBeth in this season Kebble leaves next season? Whereas we're set maybe? Not sure. The SA paper could've got it wrong and he's coming here.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Given Mccallum is on a short term deal it does lend credence to McBeth or a soup rugby player coming over.

McBeth coming is good news for Scotland wherever he goes. I’m hoping is brining in Venter is a good sign that Schooee is here for the long term. He seems pretty committed to his meat business now with WP as a partner so he might be quite settled.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:36 am

JDCSR wrote:
joe soap wrote:

A shame for the guy. Easy in hindsight, although I said it at the time, he really really should have stayed here. He played a lot of games when he was here and was developing nicely. He decided Bristol was for him so fair enough.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:44 am

Zander Fagerson signs "Long term" extension with Glasgow
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:57 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Zander Fagerson signs "Long term" extension with Glasgow

So much for Berghan's move being succession planning for Fagerson leaving.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum