Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby KenMavor on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:50 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:We do a lot of good stuff but our ability to get over the line or even get 3 when in the 22 is just not good enough.


Agreed but Edinburgh are playing Montpellier, away, and taking the game to them......

The score is 21-15 and the guys are doing a sterling job of worrying the jamesmatthew out of Montpellier. All they need is someone to have a flash of inspiration and it's game on in a big way. Everyone expected Edinburgh to get tanked here and it just isn't happening.
KenMavor
International
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Whatever happens here so proud of this team.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby KenMavor on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:56 pm

KenMavor wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:We do a lot of good stuff but our ability to get over the line or even get 3 when in the 22 is just not good enough.


Agreed but Edinburgh are playing Montpellier, away, and taking the game to them......

The score is 21-15 and the guys are doing a sterling job of worrying the jamesmatthew out of Montpellier. All they need is someone to have a flash of inspiration and it's game on in a big way. Everyone expected Edinburgh to get tanked here and it just isn't happening.


......and the ref is starting to make the game his....
KenMavor
International
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Some how lucky to get an LBP in a game that nobody gave us a chance but should have actually won.

Dunno how to feel overall. Proud of the effort certainly particularly the forwards but a missed opportunity. A couple of soft tries killed us.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Should've won!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Yeah. A few too many mistakes at this level but good performance still.
Burnt orange and midnight blue (and various shades thereof) army!
The Voice of Treason
'mon franchising
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Le Jock Sportif wrote:Yeah. A few too many mistakes at this level but good performance still.


Great performance - really proud.

Just need to start taking chances - we're going to absolutely batter someone.

If I'm Cockers in training Tuesday I'm having Mata sprint at Kinghorn all week until Kinghorn is making ever tackle.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
If I'm Cockers in training Tuesday I'm having Mata sprint at Kinghorn all week until Kinghorn is making ever tackle.


:lol:
Burnt orange and midnight blue (and various shades thereof) army!
The Voice of Treason
'mon franchising
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:01 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Gutted, scunnered, sick as a parrot etc.

A losing BP looked like a decent outcome before kick off but we had the chances to win that, and we should have won that.
I suppose that is part of a growing team, learning along the way, but at some point we have to execute under pressure, Montpellier looked big and slow to me, and trying to take them on up the middle was the wrong option.

Darcy looked very much at home, he's going to cut someone to shreds at some point.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby liveinhope on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm

We certainly showed belief in the second half.I wonder if Barnes would have disallowed our "try" if they had scored?
Nobody looked out of place (take a bow Fife who I thought might be a weak link) And well done for somehow preventing them taking away the hugely deserved bonus point after the Picamoles interception.
liveinhope
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby The Nudger on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Funny one, simultaeneously really proud of the boys and raging that we didn't take our chances and win that. There's so much to like about this Edinburgh side but we're not going to truly progress until we start making better decisions in the oppo 22.

Also thought we got proper LawrenceBryce by Barnes.
Illegitimi non Carborundum
User avatar
The Nudger
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: The Golden Rule

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby TheSmidge on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:35 pm

The Nudger wrote:Funny one, simultaeneously really proud of the boys and raging that we didn't take our chances and win that. There's so much to like about this Edinburgh side but we're not going to truly progress until we start making better decisions in the oppo 22.

Also thought we got proper LawrenceBryce by Barnes.


That was Barnes to a T. One atrociously wrong call with the disallowed try and one with missing the band in the ruck at the end, but those two big errors can’t be allowed to overshadow his ineptitude in reffing the ducks. Time and again, they were going beyond the ball or coming in from the side.
TheSmidge
International
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:11 pm

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:42 pm

TheSmidge wrote:
The Nudger wrote:Funny one, simultaeneously really proud of the boys and raging that we didn't take our chances and win that. There's so much to like about this Edinburgh side but we're not going to truly progress until we start making better decisions in the oppo 22.

Also thought we got proper LawrenceBryce by Barnes.


That was Barnes to a T. One atrociously wrong call with the disallowed try and one with missing the band in the ruck at the end, but those two big errors can’t be allowed to overshadow his ineptitude in reffing the ducks. Time and again, they were going beyond the ball or coming in from the side.



I thought Montpellier got away with a heck of a lot of cynical play at the breakdown, a lot of hands slowing our ball down and clearing way beyond the ruck, then there was blind eye to arms around necks and knock-ons

Aye, I know, don't criticise the ref etc - MattGoddard to that, this is a business now and livelihoods are at stake, if a professional ref makes howlers then criticism is equally valid as of any professional player or coach.

I don't accept there is bias at play, but there is ineptitude at times
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Montpellier v Edinburgh Sat 13th BT Sport 3 @ 1500

Postby Rico on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:45 pm

The fact that we're even talking about our disappointment at not having won a game away in France (and against one of the tournament favourites, by the way) speaks volumes.

We're back at the highest level in Europe and we don't look at all out of place. That, in and of itself, is a result.
Rico
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:22 pm
Location: Edinburgh

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests