Squad 19/20

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Squad 19/20

Postby Croft_No.6 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 pm

I would expect that all players will be back available from the start of Nov with the European comps starting on the 15th Nov.
Croft_No.6
International

Postby biffer on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Croft_No.6 wrote:I would expect that all players will be back available from the start of Nov with the European comps starting on the 15th Nov.

I don't see why some of the guys listed wouldn't be available on the 26th. An hour or two of rugby Since the middle of September doesn't need much recovery time. Not that I'm saying they'll play, they need to catch up on what Edinburgh are doing seeing as they've not been here for preseason, but they should be available.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Not clear when exactly they will get back sounds like they will go in groups as seats on flights are available. If they get back late this week or into weekend it may be too late to recover from jet lag and get back into club training to make 26th.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:42 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Not clear when exactly they will get back sounds like they will go in groups as seats on flights are available. If they get back late this week or into weekend it may be too late to recover from jet lag and get back into club training to make 26th.

If they are sensible about it they will send the players with the least amount of game time home first so they can be made available to Edinburgh and Glasgow if necessary - we could use Toolis back for Scarlets for example, BK too, no slight intended to Hoyland.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 pm

If they are sensible about it

SRU tichtheid, SRU
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Fair point, well made
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:Not clear when exactly they will get back sounds like they will go in groups as seats on flights are available. If they get back late this week or into weekend it may be too late to recover from jet lag and get back into club training to make 26th.

If they are sensible about it they will send the players with the least amount of game time home first so they can be made available to Edinburgh and Glasgow if necessary - we could use Toolis back for Scarlets for example, BK too, no slight intended to Hoyland.

it may well be they are contractually obliged to send homw the exiles first. There will be clauses in their contract about how quickly they have to be home. On the positive side Bill should be home soon.

It will be interesting what having such an extended pre season etc has on players. I do think we have better depth to cope with this now and can hopefully manage workloads better.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:30 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:

it may well be they are contractually obliged to send homw the exiles first. There will be clauses in their contract about how quickly they have to be home. On the positive side Bill should be home soon.

It will be interesting what having such an extended pre season etc has on players. I do think we have better depth to cope with this now and can hopefully manage workloads better.

It'll be equally interesting to see if there are differences in strength and conditioning with some players having done preseason with Edinburgh and some with Scotland.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:46 pm

Steenkamp, along with every man and his dug, named in the Euro Cup squad

https://www.epcrugby.com/club/edinburgh-rugby/#players
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Steenkamp, along with every man and his dug, named in the Euro Cup squad

I thought there was a limit to how many players could be named, or am I wrong?
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:21 pm

Weegie wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:Steenkamp, along with every man and his dug, named in the Euro Cup squad

I thought there was a limit to how many players could be named, or am I wrong?

A lot of young lads there. Possibly able to name x no of players under 20?
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:34 pm

How long are Douglas and Steenkamp here for? I thought they would be away before any shots were fired in Europe.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Douglas is apparently here on a 5 month contract.

Duhan listed as centre/wing...is that to accommodate kinghorn, Graham, sau and him :)
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Who is James Johnstone the hooker?

Interesting no Ashman.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Sonicboom on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Is that actually the European squad or merely a listing of all players connected to Edinburgh by the European site?
Sonicboom
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum