Squad 19/20

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Squad 19/20

Postby Sonicboom on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:10 pm

Great news on Sutherland signing up again. I thought in his last outing he looked the best he’s been since his injury. If he can get a run of injury free games he is a top class player. Easy to forget how well he was playing before his groin injury.
Sonicboom
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 pm

re-signing news coming up, from the teaser I'd say it was young Darcy
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:20 pm

Correct TH, 2 years to 2021, excellent news.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:32 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Correct TH, 2 years to 2021, excellent news.

Good stuff. Would've been nice if it was 3 years, but still good.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:41 am

Mark palmer in the times reporting Chris Harris turned down an offer from Edinburgh expected to re-sign with Newcastle.

And barclay due back for leinster game
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:24 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Mark palmer in the times reporting Chris Harris turned down an offer from Edinburgh expected to re-sign with Newcastle.

Shame about Harris, I thought he was very good when we played them in Newcastle.

Good news about JB, though.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:30 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Mark palmer in the times reporting Chris Harris turned down an offer from Edinburgh expected to re-sign with Newcastle.

Great news about Barclay.Would not lose any sleep over Harris,imo a very average player, let him stay at a below average English outfit.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:05 pm

BruceLee wrote:

Great news about Barclay.Would not lose any sleep over Harris,imo a very average player, let him stay at a below average English outfit.

Bad decision from Harris though with Newcastle where they are. I think he'd have done well up here.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:59 pm

How long is Kinghorn tied in for? If he keeps up his form he will be attracting too much attention from elsewhere?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:01 pm

If Dunbar gets fit he might also be struggling to get a game there.

I disagree that he wouldnt add to us, I think he would. Depending on what happens with Bennet, we will need more cover at 13, we may even have been interested in him as a winger, we are desperately short there and I cant see Fife and Brown being around much longer.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:How long is Kinghorn tied in for? If he keeps up his form he will be attracting too much attention from elsewhere?

He signed a 3 year deal in Feb 18 whilst he still had a full year left on his existing deal. It wasn’t clear if it was a 3 year extension to his existing deal (in which case he is under contract to end of season 2021/22). More likely to be a replacement deal to end 2020/21 season however. Either way, he’s here for a while.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:35 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:If Dunbar gets fit he might also be struggling to get a game there.

I disagree that he wouldnt add to us, I think he would. Depending on what happens with Bennet, we will need more cover at 13, we may even have been interested in him as a winger, we are desperately short there and I cant see Fife and Brown being around much longer.

I think looks more like a 12 than a 13 or wing these days.
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby royc on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Wottie wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:If Dunbar gets fit he might also be struggling to get a game there.

I think looks more like a 12 than a 13 or wing these days.

I thought Dolf L was talking about Harris, is Wottie talking about Dunbar? I'm confused!

I think Harris could have been very good here, he did a good shift on Saturday, looks quick and gets his tackles in. I could see him at 13 or 12, which would have been pretty useful cover, depending how Bennett recovers. Anyway, not to be apparently.

I was surprised initially that an offer was made to him, as we have 5 centres in contract for next season and no room at the inn. However, that's binary thinking, the coach can free-up a place if needs be by loaning out a player for the season or offering SQ ones to the 7s (and there's probably an etcetera as well). So if he thinks we need an additional first-rate centre, that's what we'll get!
royc
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Sorry, me not being clear. Yes I was talking about Harris. If it was Dunbar I dont think we can take the risk with another injury prone centre, we have a cupboard full of them at the moment.

Agree on shifting things around, with my pessimistic hat on does it suggest we might have seen the last of one of the injured guys? I really hope not.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Dunbar but I see the comments make more sense about Harris.
Wottie
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum