Dragons v Edinburgh Sun 25th November

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Dragons v Edinburgh Sun 25th November

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Any ideas as to when we'll know who is being released back to us from the Scotland squad?

Besides the other front rowers, I don't suppose we'll get Murray McCallum back, even if he doesn't feature in the 23 he'll be there as an emergency call up, so beside Ceccerelli we are looking a bit short handed at tighthead. I expect Ford will be with us.
Hunter-Hill, Hodgson and Atkinson all did well recently so I'm happy for them to continue, the more game time they get the better.
Hamilton, Wynn and Miller in the back row? Do we have anyone else available for bench cover?

Kennedy/Fowles, Hickey/vdW, Brown, Dean, Scott?/Johnson, vdMerwe, Fife

I'd like to think we'd get Graham and Kinghorn back if they aren't involved, but we have a tough fixture away to Munster five days after this Dragons game, and I'd rather they were available for that, if it means they can't play on Sunday then fair enough
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Re: Dragons v Edinburgh Sun 25th November

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Think the clubs normally hear on Tuesday who they should get back.

Ford was released from Scotland after Wales match so should be available.

Scott had concussion which was the reason he dropped out of the Scotland squad so he may or may not be available.

Would like to think Carmichael is possibly available after his pre-season brain injury, that is a significant period out he has had now.

Mason, Wynne, Miller and Darge were all training with ER so along with Hamilton should be able to get a decent backrow out

Back line should be pretty strong, although VdW was also injured for the last match so not sure if he is due back or not.

I don’t think we have the best of records away to Dragons (away to anyone really) so another tough shift ahead.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 pm

I had forgotten that this is a big weekend for us in terms of fixtures, Ulster, on 25pts, are away to Scarlets, on 24pts.
Whilst Benetton, on 17 points are away to Cheetahs. We are sitting on 21pts at the moment.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:21 am

I think we'll see Ben Toolis released from Scotland duty. The games on Sunday so if McCallum isn't need then he could play for Edinburgh?

Should be a fairly strong team. Wonder what the injury situation is?
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:05 pm

So, barring any late call offs, should get

McCallum, Ford, Toolis, Pyrgos, Fife, Graham back. And hopefully Matt Scott if he's passed his return to play
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:39 pm

There was mention in an article I read this morning that Socino will be in the squad, he was hoping to train with Argentina but it didn't happen as he is required for the Dragons game
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Tichtheid wrote:There was mention in an article I read this morning that Socino will be in the squad, he was hoping to train with Argentina but it didn't happen as he is required for the Dragons game

"...as he is required for the Dragons game" or "...so he is available for the Dragons game"?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Frenchy wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:There was mention in an article I read this morning that Socino will be in the squad, he was hoping to train with Argentina but it didn't happen as he is required for the Dragons game

"...as he is required for the Dragons game" or "...so he is available for the Dragons game"?

I'll never forgive you for making me go back on to the Scotsman site to check the wording!
It just says he will be "on Edinburgh duty away to the Dragons.."

I've nothing against advertising on websites, it is practically the only way the old media stays afloat now, especially those without subscription, but when it makes the pages unreadable and, frankly, useless, it defeats its own purpose as less traffic will go through the pages.
The Scotsman is one of the very worst, right up there with Wales Online, if fact worse I think.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Edinburgh team to face Dragons at Rodney Parade in the Guinness PRO14 on Sunday 25 November, kick-off 5.30pm – live on Premier Sports and S4C.

15. Dougie Fife (116)

14. Darcy Graham (10)
13. James Johnstone (27)
12. Chris Dean (73)
11. Duhan van der Merwe (25)

10. Simon Hickey (9)
9. Henry Pyrgos (9) CAPTAIN

1. Pierre Schoeman (6)
2. Ross Ford (187)
3. Pietro Ceccarelli (2)
4. James Hodgson (2)
5. Callum Hunter-Hill (4)
6. Ben Toolis (96)
7. Ally Miller (1)
8. Luke Hamilton (8)

Replacements: 16. David Cherry (4); 17. Rory Sutherland (68); 18. Murray McCallum (44); 19. Callum Atkinson (2); 20. Lewis Wynne (1); 21. Sean Kennedy (65); 22. Jaco van der Walt (22); 23. Juan Pablo Socino (6)

Unavailable due to international selection: Allan Dell; Stuart McInally; WP Nel; Jamie Ritchie; Hamish Watson; Blair Kinghorn; Simon Berghan; Grant Gilchrist; Bill Mata
Unavailable due to injury: Cameron Fenton; Fraser McKenzie; Lewis Carmichael; John Barclay; Magnus Bradbury; Senitiki Nayalo; Luke Crosbie; Mungo Mason; Matt Scott; Mark Bennett; Damien Hoyland
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:17 pm

BBT at 6 is unexpected.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:24 pm

robdinsdale wrote:BBT at 6 is unexpected.

I make it 8 players from the unavailable list, including Rambo, either have played 6 or would play six (Barclay), plus Nayalo
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:32 pm

Dragons: Jordan Williams, Jared Rosser, Tyler Morgan, Jarryd Sage, Hallam Amos, Jason Tovey, Rhodri Williams; Ryan Bevington, Richard Hibbard (c), Lloyd Fairbrother, Rynard Landman, Lewis Evans, Harrison Keddie, Nic Cudd, Ollie Griffiths

Replacements: Rhys Lawrence, Aaron Jarvis, Leon Brown, Brandon Nansen, James Benjamin, Rhodri Davies, Arwel Robson, Adam Warren
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Fordy might get confused about who he's throwing to in the line out. All of the back five are line-out jumpers.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:14 pm

biffer wrote:Fordy might get confused about who he's throwing to in the line out.

That'll be a first :eek:
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Backline was always likely to be decent given we only have a couple of internationals, the pack is perhaps stronger than I thought we may have got out, as is the bench.

Our away form is poor but go and perform as well as we can and we have to be in with a chance of getting a result.

Stuart Berry ref
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum