Rainbow Laces

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Rainbow Laces

Postby Tichtheid on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:30 pm

I saw this on the Glasgow forum and thought it was worth sharing.

In light of the attack on Alfie, France are wearing rainbow laces against Fiji to show their support.

Cardiff are doing likewise http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/9976.php#.W_XGN_Z2tjp

I'd like to think this could get wider support by word of mouth, can Edinburgh be contacted by the supporters club and asked if they'd support Alfie in this way?

It's not just for Alfie of course, it's for everyone, we all benefit from less bigotry being around, it may be a small gesture but little acorns and all that, :)
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Re: Rainbow Laces

Postby biffer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Tichtheid wrote:I saw this on the Glasgow forum and thought it was worth sharing.

In light of the attack on Alfie, France are wearing rainbow laces against Fiji to show their support.

Cardiff are doing likewise http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/9976.php#.W_XGN_Z2tjp

I'd like to think this could get wider support by word of mouth, can Edinburgh be contacted by the supporters club and asked if they'd support Alfie in this way?

It's not just for Alfie of course, it's for everyone, we all benefit from less bigotry being around, it may be a small gesture but little acorns and all that, :)

Definitely worth asking the question, particularly as we're going to Wales.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum