Newcastle Falcons v Edinburgh Sunday 16/12

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Newcastle Falcons v Edinburgh Sunday 16/12

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:35 pm

What the f*ck was VDW doing with that pass?

Awful.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Sums us up, a nice try mixed with some brainless poop.

Bloody frustrating.

Edit: schoeman going after the scrum as well making an impact
Last edited by The Feral Goat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:40 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Sums us up, a nilice try mixed with some brainless poop.

Bloody frustrating

So frustrating. Should be home and hosted by now but I think we'll lose this at the death.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Proper finisher... Perhaps we should try pass the ball to him more
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Not a classic but good contest, good win, good to get away win hoodoo off our back.

Lots still to work on.
Last edited by The Feral Goat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Yessssss!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Listened to the last few minutes on the radio. Sounds like Kinghorn got off very lucky, and may be cited?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Shout out to the travelling fans, plenty of noise coming across on the TV today.

Hopefully with Toulon almost out we play a second team away in January.

No citing good reffing
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Frenchy wrote:Listened to the last few minutes on the radio. Sounds like Kinghorn got off very lucky, and may be cited?

Maybe, was a bit Farrellesk.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Frenchy wrote:Listened to the last few minutes on the radio. Sounds like Kinghorn got off very lucky, and may be cited?

It was lucky not to be a penalty, but a YC would have been harsh, at most a warning.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:27 pm

If Edinburgh beat Montpellier at Murrayfield in Round 6 (any kind of win, BPs for either side irrelevant) they will top their pool.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:41 pm

disco wrote:If Edinburgh beat Montpellier at Murrayfield in Round 6 (any kind of win, BPs for either side irrelevant) they will top their pool.

Also:

Glasgow BP win over Cardiff Blues at home in Round 5 plus any kind of Edinburgh win over Montpellier at home in Round 6 would be enough to put both Scottish teams in the HC quarter-finals (barring Castres managing to finish with 2 x BP wins and overturn a 63 point deficit in points difference to the Warriors).
disco
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Excellent win but a poor game. I thought we were ok but Newcastle were just abysmal.

Our pack destroyed theirs and if we had a decent set of backs we would have won game by half time. Dominated scrum and controlled the line out and we were very strong with pick and goes. However as soon as ball goes beyond 10 we just panic a bit and don't look confident with what we are doing. Guys are too deep, static when getting the ball and skills poor. Too often we end up way behind the gain line and our forwards have to rush back to protect the ball and start again.

Newcastle looked a very poor team with just the individual skills of Sinoti and one or two others to make them look good. I was surprised as this was supposed to be close to their first team, not much difference between this one and the team who played last week. However I would take Harris into our squad if he became available, looks like he could be a good player. Yet again an English team looked very cumbersome, limited and devoid of ideas.

So qualification in our hands and we might have Scott and Bennet back for next round of games? Didnt think I would be saying that after 4 games!
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:54 pm

I haven't seen the game yet, but the most important thing to take away from this is that we can win away from home. I saw on Twitter that we were 8 points up with ten minutes to go. We've been blowing it from that sort of position on the road this season.

Well done, Embra.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:59 pm

doedin wrote:Excellent win but a poor game. I thought we were ok but Newcastle were just abysmal.

Our pack destroyed theirs and if we had a decent set of backs we would have won game by half time. Dominated scrum and controlled the line out and we were very strong with pick and goes. However as soon as ball goes beyond 10 we just panic a bit and don't look confident with what we are doing. Guys are too deep, static when getting the ball and skills poor. Too often we end up way behind the gain line and our forwards have to rush back to protect the ball and start again.

Newcastle looked a very poor team with just the individual skills of Sinoti and one or two others to make them look good. I was surprised as this was supposed to be close to their first team, not much difference between this one and the team who played last week. However I would take Harris into our squad if he became available, looks like he could be a good player. Yet again an English team looked very cumbersome, limited and devoid of ideas.

So qualification in our hands and we might have Scott and Bennet back for next round of games? Didnt think I would be saying that after 4 games!

That's is Bennett is the Bennett of three years ago. When fit last year JJ was the better option.

Bennett's injuries have sadly taken such a toll I don't think he can be relied on as an impact maker until he proves it.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum