1872 2.0; The rise of Big Dick

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: 1872 2.0; The rise of Big Dick

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:08 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Glasgow will be realising how lucky they were to get as close to us as they did! If we had turned it on properly it could have got messy, we kept our powder dry.

Saving ourselves for big games
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Re: 1872 2.0; The rise of Big Dick

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:15 pm

GaryIPA wrote:F E C

Future England Coach

Why leave a winning team for a losing one? :D

Of course I'm joking and anyone would want to coach their national side as much as play for it, but I really think, whatever happens next week, Cockers is on to something and he will want to see it to fruition, he strikes me as that sort of guy.

I really hope that also plays into the re-signing of our star names, Edinburgh are on the rise and have a group of young men who are equipped to take on the big teams and compete at the highest level, at least with our first team 23. That depth will grow and we can perhaps attract the odd international star quality as we go up the rankings

I'd really like to see Cockerill take us to some silverware, I don't think it's out of the question, he's always said it's a five year project and I agree, but we must be on schedule with our first team, we just need to build a squad and it looks like we have some young talent coming up, we just need to keep the older heads here to allow them to be drafted in to a strong team which is used to winning
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum