Crowd for Edinburgh v Mompellier match

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Crowd for Edinburgh v Mompellier match

Postby BruceLee on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:53 am

GaryIPA wrote:
BruceLee wrote:9,200 and rising,only 1k short of my guesstimate.Starting to feel pleased and excited for Tonights encounter.Come on Edinburgh lets put this one to bed!

I wonder if that includes sponsors tickets

No idea on that one Gary,but lets gets crank the decibels up a few notches Tonight.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:00 pm

I see all the open top tier sections are sold out. I looked yesterday and there were still quite a few seats available up there, and there are a lot more unreserved sold than then as well so it looks a decent head of steam building in ticket sales.

I am two hours away and the weather here is cold but calm and dry. Edinburgh looks the same with only a 15% chance of rain this evening. Hopefully that will encourage the walk ups.

After my pessimism before the Toulon match, I am much more excited than is seemly for a man in his 60s. I'm just disappointed my son, who has been a season ticket holder for literally most of his life, is studying down south and can't be there with me.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Presumably the ticket sales figures they are quoting don't include season tickets?
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote:Presumably the ticket sales figures they are quoting don't include season tickets?

Pretty sure they do
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:36 pm

I think we might just see a few more of our west coast cousins coming through to support us on tonight, just seen the SARvGLA team sheets and can’t see Glasgow getting anything from that game, so it’s up to us to pull “our little brothers” out of the mire :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby David990 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm

Just under 12K tonight. New record attendance.
David990
International

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 pm

And some regular noise!
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:31 pm

Can we beat the 33,000 Vs Toulouse?!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Can we beat the 33,000 Vs Toulouse?!

It was 37.5k.

And yes, particularly as it’ll probably be Munster, and they’ll probably bring 10,000 with them.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:06 am

Not if Glasgow win their group!
Would prefer Exeter but certainly we'd make much more gate money if its Munster.
Nice problem to have right now!
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:07 am

Average home crowd for Europe 8,596.

Not too shabby.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:And some regular noise!

Thats how to do it.The atmosphere was pretty good and a fair amount of support.Vocal chords a wee bit sore Today, but well worth it!
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Our front 5 were immense, dominated their oppo numbers and won us tons of yards and numerous penalties. Don't think I have ever seen a french (Saffa really) prop being subbed after 31 mins because he was getting minced in the scrum and then their sub getting minced too. Line out was safe as houses. Nel looks like he is getting back into top form. Shame Shoeman isn't Scottish ... yet! Good to see McKenzie coming on and slotting in and playing really well. They must be amongst the top front 5 in comp at the moment, certainly up there with the likes of Leinster and Munster.

Back row covered every inch of the pitch and held their own against a very, very good Montpellier back row. No real drop in performance when Crosby came on for Watson. Crosbie for me is a top class prospect and will be a mainstay in Embra and Scotland team for years to come. He brings physicality and aggression as well as pace and looks a real class player.

Backs followed the script and played a very controlled game. At times we miss opportunities to break with the structure we play and some of our set plays when we get a 'free ball' in their 22 were very poor. Stats about how poor we are when in the red zone in converting possession into points dont lie. We really do need some attacking set plays off of good ball. However that is being a bit picky!

Interesting to see the change in approach at half time. First 40mins we were very solid but kicked a lot of ball away and were quite risk averse. Second 40 we upped the pace, kept ball in hand more and moved them more about the pitch, creating rucks all over the pitch really tired out their forwards and they were not at the races with 20 mins to go. Cockers and coaching team know what they are doing!

No-one will be looking forward to coming to our patch in the next round. Every game from now on in is a bonus and just hope our guys stay injury free and perhaps a few guys come back from injury soon.
doedin
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum