Crowd for Edinburgh v Mompellier match

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Crowd for Edinburgh v Mompellier match

Postby BruceLee on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:57 am

Just been having a look online for Fridays match East 8 and East 16 [Both upper] have roughly 450 tickets still available [ between them] Therefore, so far, that is a crowd 10,250 at present. Considering its only Wednesday morning this figure could go up by quite a few.Roll on Friday.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Re: Crowd for Edinburgh v Mompellier match

Postby liveinhope on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:16 pm

That's terrific and more than I had suggested already (10k) as a final figure.
Given still nearly 3 days to go can we hope for 12k?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 pm

BruceLee wrote:Just been having a look online for Fridays match East 8 and East 16 [Both upper] have roughly 450 tickets still available [ between them] Therefore, so far, that is a crowd 10,250 at present. Considering its only Wednesday morning this figure could go up by quite a few.Roll on Friday.

Think you're over egging that somewhat. E2, E4, E6, E18, E20, E22 haven't been put on sale yet. E1, E3, E5, E13, E15, E17 are part of the unreserved tickets which is only about one third sold.

I reckon about 6,000 sold so far.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 pm

Think that's more like it biffer, I reckon 7,500 would be a decent target for the game with it on a Friday night. We only got c.4,500 in for Stade last season and 3,000 to 3,500 in the previous year for Grenoble, Dragons and Irish. I know that was in a different cup but Rome wasn't built in a day.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

biffer wrote:
BruceLee wrote:Just been having a look online for Fridays match East 8 and East 16 [Both upper] have roughly 450 tickets still available [ between them] Therefore, so far, that is a crowd 10,250 at present. Considering its only Wednesday morning this figure could go up by quite a few.Roll on Friday.

Think you're over egging that somewhat. E2, E4, E6, E18, E20, E22 haven't been put on sale yet. E1, E3, E5, E13, E15, E17 are part of the unreserved tickets which is only about one third sold.

I had us at about 5-5500 on Monday, but they've opened up more reserved sections (E6 and E16) now, which are selling well. Getting to 10,000 would be brilliant, but probably relies on lots of walk-ups, which could be dependent on the weather and that ain't looking too brilliant.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:24 pm

biffer wrote:

Excuse my stupidity,was only going with what the website put in front of me ie these sections were not available to purchase,didnt realise this late in the day that they would not be on general sale yet.TBH if we dont get 10k shame on the Edinburgh public and the marketing strategy [or lack of it employed]
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:15 pm

They're basically selling reserved seats sections at a time, fanning out from the half way line. The unknown is how many Silver (unreserved) season tickets we have, and how many unreserved tickets have been sold specifically for Friday.

I phoned to get reserved tickets in a different section to my reserved STs as more of us are sitting together, but was offered the option of just turning up and taking unreserved seats (suggesting that's an option on sale).

So if the unreserved sales don't show up on the site, difficult to draw conclusions.

East Stand capacity is 10,700, pitchside standing and corporate West Stand maybe another 700?

Agree I would be very disappointed if we didn't get 10,000. It's the big boys cup, we have a higher ST base this season, U16s go free, the Weegies are playing away so expect a good number of Warriors through to see if Cockers can get them through to the QFs ;-) After all, this is our biggest game in at least 7 years, with pretty big implications for the Warriors too...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:28 pm

I phoned to get reserved tickets in a different section to my reserved STs as more of us are sitting together, but was offered the option of just turning up and taking unreserved seats (suggesting that's an option on sale).

This was a shambles at the Toulon game, the stewards told me the seats were unreserved unless someone came along with a ticket for them, absolutely clueless as to where was reserved and unreserved except the usual Gold ST section.

The 1945 KO on a Friday will perhaps put off folk that would travel from further afield from coming along will be near 10pm by the time match is finished. I think around the same as the Toulon game (which was a Saturday afternoon) is more likely.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:10 pm

New Gunner wrote:They're basically selling reserved seats sections at a time, fanning out from the half way line. The unknown is how many Silver (unreserved) season tickets we have, and how many unreserved tickets have been sold specifically for Friday.

So if the unreserved sales don't show up on the site, difficult to draw conclusions.

East Stand capacity is 10,700, pitchside standing and corporate West Stand maybe another 700?

Agree I would be very disappointed if we didn't get 10,000. It's the big boys cup, we have a higher ST base this season, U16s go free, the Weegies are playing away so expect a good number of Warriors through to see if Cockers can get them through to the QFs ;-) After all, this is our biggest game in at least 7 years, with pretty big implications for the Warriors too...

Those that haven't taken the huff
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm

GaryIPA wrote:Those that haven't taken the huff

:above: Surely not? They have been the 2nd best team in Scotland before!!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 pm

I had us at about 5-5500 on Monday, but they've opened up more reserved sections (E6 and E16) now, which are selling well. Getting to 10,000 would be brilliant, but probably relies on lots of walk-ups, which could be dependent on the weather and that ain't looking too brilliant.[/quote]

Cold, wet and windy, can’t see the superstars from the south of France relishing that, here’s hoping anyway
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:03 pm

Love to see a big vocal crowd and I’d settle for a single point win to get to the Q/Fs.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Ayton1keith wrote:I had us at about 5-5500 on Monday, but they've opened up more reserved sections (E6 and E16) now, which are selling well. Getting to 10,000 would be brilliant, but probably relies on lots of walk-ups, which could be dependent on the weather and that ain't looking too brilliant.

Cold, wet and windy, can’t see the superstars from the south of France relishing that, here’s hoping anyway[/quote]

Fair point
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Poor weather wont do us any harm, particularly with our game plan. But I think they have a bit more about them than that. Cotter is not going to let them be soft, they also have just as much to play for as us, posssibly more as losing may well mean they are out rather than a fallback to an away Q/F.

Same as last week please, but a bit better!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Wottie wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:Those that haven't taken the huff

:above: Surely not? They have been the 2nd best team in Scotland before!!

I foolishly posted Cockers “little brothers” bit on their forum and some of them have taken the huff and changed their minds about coming. Famous Glasgow Banter (TM).
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum