Crowd for Edinburgh v Mompellier match

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Crowd for Edinburgh v Mompellier match

Postby Wottie on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:01 pm

biffer wrote:I foolishly posted Cockers “little brothers” bit on their forum and some of them have taken the huff and changed their minds about coming. Famous Glasgow Banter (TM).

Good man. After all, they might have missed it. We need more caring people like you in the world biffer.

Edit: an after thought, you did remember to tell them that we’ll let them stay up late on Friday given it’s a special occasion didn’t you :?
Last edited by Wottie on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:12 pm

New Gunner wrote:They're basically selling reserved seats sections at a time, fanning out from the half way line. The unknown is how many Silver (unreserved) season tickets we have, and how many unreserved tickets have been sold specifically for Friday.

I phoned to get reserved tickets in a different section to my reserved STs as more of us are sitting together, but was offered the option of just turning up and taking unreserved seats (suggesting that's an option on sale).

So if the unreserved sales don't show up on the site, difficult to draw conclusions.

East Stand capacity is 10,700, pitchside standing and corporate West Stand maybe another 700?

Agree I would be very disappointed if we didn't get 10,000. It's the big boys cup, we have a higher ST base this season, U16s go free, the Weegies are playing away so expect a good number of Warriors through to see if Cockers can get them through to the QFs ;-) After all, this is our biggest game in at least 7 years, with pretty big implications for the Warriors too...

I managed to do this, move reserved seats. Maybe they just didn't have enough available in the sections opened up at the time. That was the case for me over the xmas period, but was fine once they opened up a new section. I would try again.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Wottie wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:Those that haven't taken the huff

:above: Surely not? They have been the 2nd best team in Scotland before!!

Just no sense of humour out west. Hopefully even less at seasons end?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 pm

biffer wrote:
Wottie wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:Those that haven't taken the huff

:above: Surely not? They have been the 2nd best team in Scotland before!!

I foolishly posted Cockers “little brothers” bit on their forum and some of them have taken the huff and changed their minds about coming. Famous Glasgow Banter (TM).

Biffer? Winding up the unwashed? Surely not...

That forum hits new levels of outrage and paranoia every week. Shame, plenty sensible folk on there.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:43 pm

A quick glance on the ticket website suggested 8000 or just over sold.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm

If that 8000 sticks, I'd suggest it’s a good result for a Friday evening with very few travelling support.
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Ron wrote:If that 8000 sticks, I'd suggest it’s a good result for a Friday evening with very few travelling support.

And before payday for many
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Scotsman reporting ticket sales have passed 9000.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby Wottie on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:33 am

Flinty's Barmy Army wrote:Scotsman reporting ticket sales have passed 9000.

That’s excellent if it’s right with walk-ups to add still. Could have been 20k if Cockers hadn’t p*ssed off the Warrior Nation with his “little brother” line :lol:
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 am

Wottie wrote:

That’s excellent if it’s right with walk-ups to add still. Could have been 20k if Cockers hadn’t p*ssed off the Warrior Nation with his “little brother” line :lol:

Yep, should easily be over 10,000 hopefully. Please god let’s make some noise.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 am

sammy wrote:
New Gunner wrote:They're basically selling reserved seats sections at a time, fanning out from the half way line. The unknown is how many Silver (unreserved) season tickets we have, and how many unreserved tickets have been sold specifically for Friday.

I phoned to get reserved tickets in a different section to my reserved STs as more of us are sitting together, but was offered the option of just turning up and taking unreserved seats (suggesting that's an option on sale).

So if the unreserved sales don't show up on the site, difficult to draw conclusions.

East Stand capacity is 10,700, pitchside standing and corporate West Stand maybe another 700?

Agree I would be very disappointed if we didn't get 10,000. It's the big boys cup, we have a higher ST base this season, U16s go free, the Weegies are playing away so expect a good number of Warriors through to see if Cockers can get them through to the QFs ;-) After all, this is our biggest game in at least 7 years, with pretty big implications for the Warriors too...

I managed to do this, move reserved seats. Maybe they just didn't have enough available in the sections opened up at the time. That was the case for me over the xmas period, but was fine once they opened up a new section. I would try again.

Sorry Sammy, I wasn’t very clear - I did get reserved seats, thanks though! In Section 16, which confusingly someone else was told would be unreserved. That’ll work well...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am

Wottie wrote:

If they want to throw their toys out the cot. Remember that was the team who played ‘here comes the girls’ at an 1872 game
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:29 am

GaryIPA wrote:If they want to throw their toys out the cot. Remember that was the team who played ‘here comes the girls’ at an 1872 game

I remember that at Firhill. That was properly funny. I miss all that kind of stuff and it's pretty sad that in the view of a handful of fans (and thankfully it genuinely is just a handful), "the banter" is only allowed to travel East!
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 am

9,200 and rising,only 1k short of my guesstimate.Starting to feel pleased and excited for Tonights encounter.Come on Edinburgh lets put this one to bed!
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 am

BruceLee wrote:9,200 and rising,only 1k short of my guesstimate.Starting to feel pleased and excited for Tonights encounter.Come on Edinburgh lets put this one to bed!

I wonder if that includes sponsors tickets
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum