Edinburgh v Montpellier

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Montpellier

Postby biffer on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:23 pm

BruceLee wrote:
Weegie wrote:I join in the mickey taking about the 'library' without ever taking it too seriously.

Yesterday, with Edinburgh attacking the line in the move that brought Graham's try, the crowd round me was on its feet roaring the team on. And someone was yelling at us to sit down. Could not believe it.

Anyway, after years of sitting through false dawns, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is not in fact an oncoming train. Can't wait for the end of March.

I assume we will get an opportunity to buy our season ticket seats before the tickets go on general sale.

Iagree on that one Weegie,i have had that on a few occasions as well,but it doesnt bother me now, if i want to get up and applaud the team i do so,if i shout i shout loud [ but never offensive].I feel it is getting better though,and last night was the best crowd of the season,probably up there with the 1872 match,albeit with less numbers.
i was also wondering about the seats for us season ticket holders for the Quarter final,if anybody knows the craic.

Hopefully that'll sort itself out in the ground out the back.

All the rowdies on the terracing.
The Werthers crew in the main stand
The ones who want a seat but will make a noise and jump getting excited in the stand behind the terracing.

I'm in the first category, in case you couldn't guess.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 pm

I’m told that we’ll need to buy tickets as these games aren’t covered by the season tickets although I imagine we will get first shout?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:31 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:I’m told that we’ll need to buy tickets as these games aren’t covered by the season tickets although I imagine we will get first shout?

Correct on both counts from past experience.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 am

biffer wrote:
BruceLee wrote:
Weegie wrote:I join in the mickey taking about the 'library' without ever taking it too seriously.

Yesterday, with Edinburgh attacking the line in the move that brought Graham's try, the crowd round me was on its feet roaring the team on. And someone was yelling at us to sit down. Could not believe it.

Anyway, after years of sitting through false dawns, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is not in fact an oncoming train. Can't wait for the end of March.

I assume we will get an opportunity to buy our season ticket seats before the tickets go on general sale.

Iagree on that one Weegie,i have had that on a few occasions as well,but it doesnt bother me now, if i want to get up and applaud the team i do so,if i shout i shout loud [ but never offensive].I feel it is getting better though,and last night was the best crowd of the season,probably up there with the 1872 match,albeit with less numbers.
i was also wondering about the seats for us season ticket holders for the Quarter final,if anybody knows the craic.

Hopefully that'll sort itself out in the ground out the back.

All the rowdies on the terracing.
The Werthers crew in the main stand
The ones who want a seat but will make a noise and jump getting excited in the stand behind the terracing.

I'm in the first category, in case you couldn't guess.

I agree on the atmosphere, I can't say I have ever heard anyone told to be quite before.

I go to Tyncastle quite regularly, probably the most atmospheric stadium around given its relative size, and you still gets peop,e being asked to sit down, not because of the atmosphere but some of the older folk can't stand up as easily and still want to see the game, I don't have an issue with that to be honest, it is fair enough.

Agree having standing sections will help with both though. We should look at what the highlanders do and have a "student" stand with extra bars and fancy dress, make as much noice as you like etc. Then have a family stand for those who don't want that. He,so the atmosphere and keeps everyone happy.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:43 am

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-un ... -1-4859401

Found someone who didn't enjoy Friday and surprise surprise it's perma hatchet job Morrison. Don't understand why the Scotsman employ him to constantly moan about Scottish rugby.

You can have firm but fair coverage like Palmer and ToL (mostly) but the likes of Morrison and Reid just annoy me with their constant whines. Scottish rugby deserves a better class of journalist.

Glad there are forums and two good podcasts out now.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:01 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/iain-morrison-richard-cockerill-is-conservative-but-edinburgh-can-be-adventurous-too-1-4859401

Found someone who didn't enjoy Friday and surprise surprise it's perma hatchet job Morrison. Don't understand why the Scotsman employ him to constantly moan about Scottish rugby.

You can have firm but fair coverage like Palmer and ToL (mostly) but the likes of Morrison and Reid just annoy me with their constant whines. Scottish rugby deserves a better class of journalist.

That guys a waste of space,would be better with Jim Morrison,i reckon he would have known more about rugby than that joker!
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:34 am

BruceLee wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/iain-morrison-richard-cockerill-is-conservative-but-edinburgh-can-be-adventurous-too-1-4859401

That guys a waste of space,would be better with Jim Morrison,i reckon he would have known more about rugby than that joker!

Quality of journalism is shocking in the Scotsman across the board. One of the reasons they sell less than 20,000 copies a day.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 am

Long time since I may have been descrided as “rowdie” but I’m happy for that to continue, get the new place built pronto!
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Agreed, on the main stand ,not the rowdie tag.I am in the main stand and the noise is getting better, and to be honest i would be in with the noisey crew if my wife would stand for the 80 minutes.I would like them to ban Werthers, tartan knee warmers and green wellies,its the damned noise those werthers make when they are unwrapped.On the downside, the attendances would plummet for International games!
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Do you think he has actually seen DVW play? Flat to the line fizzing passes out is quite like Russell, I just don't r cognise the deep sitting kicking machine that he seems to suggest he is!

Morrison just seems to come across as a bitter old man. How can an Edinburgh based rugby journalist manage to pull some negative story out of that's game?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Has there been a citing for the high tackle ?
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum