Edinburgh v Montpellier

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Montpellier

Postby BigD163 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:53 pm

biffer wrote:Rock solid. Not flashy, not oooh super spangly Glasgow flash, just solid.

This is a "proper" rugby team. Build from.the front, no what their job is and playing for each other. Great watchinf this team grow.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:11 am

And here's one to JVDW's stunning touchline conversion. Which convinced me it was going to be an Embra win.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am

The Chiel wrote:And here's one to JVDW's stunning touchline conversion. Which convinced me it was going to be an Embra win.

It was a beauty right enough, the try was good too, Embra tied all the defenders from lots of phases and allowed Darcy a simple run in - it's one of my pet hates that defenders get away from being yellow carded because a try has been scored, though
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:21 am

Never in doubt (really) - http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/matchday/reports

Like Biffer, I am enjoying seeing this squad develop.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:24 am

Martin Bell wrote:Never in doubt (really) - http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/matchday/reports

Like Biffer, I am enjoying seeing this squad develop.

Good to hear the BT Sport commentator using your Greatest Schoeman line
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:30 am

I think that may have been Bruce Aitchison originally, or possibly the Thistle Rugby pod, but I'll take it!
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:57 am

Really good performance when we got the first scrum pen I thought it was going to be our night.

Don't really want to pick individuals from what was a team effort but

Front row were immense.

Thought Dean played well again, carried into some big traffic and made yards.

VDW fired some really sweet passes, one to schoeman sticks in mind.

Probably more important than the good is that again no one had a bad night. I fancy our chances against anyone at home.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16 am

Game was won up front. Great effort by the pack again, particularly the front row, who were immense. Thought our backs never quite clicked in an attacking sense, but then they made sure that Montpellier's never did either. I was a bit concerned that Cockers had kept our starting front row on too long, as they looked knackered by the time they were subbed.

Fantastic effort by players and coaches again, this really has been an unexpectedly successful campaign. Good crowd as well, and the singing is really starting to get somewhere. Couldn't quite describe the stadium as "rocking", but it was noisier than I've ever heard it before, and the crowd are really starting to get behind the team. All positive stuff.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Achahoish on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:39 am

Well done Edinburgh; every man played his part. Good luck in your quarter final; I (along with hopefully others) will make the trek along the M8 to cheer you on :P
Achahoish
Embra Debut

Postby biffer on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:46 am

Crichton Gunner wrote:Game was won up front. Great effort by the pack again, particularly the front row, who were immense. Thought our backs never quite clicked in an attacking sense, but then they made sure that Montpellier's never did either. I was a bit concerned that Cockers had kept our starting front row on too long, as they looked knackered by the time they were subbed.

Fantastic effort by players and coaches again, this really has been an unexpectedly successful campaign. Good crowd as well, and the singing is really starting to get somewhere. Couldn't quite describe the stadium as "rocking", but it was noisier than I've ever heard it before, and the crowd are really starting to get behind the team. All positive stuff.

I think if you'd had 8000 of that crowd in a sold out stadium on the back pitches, it would have been rocking.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:06 pm

I’m watching the game again, Christine and JJ are improving week on week at the moment, in all departments, which is testament to them and their coaches
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Bought the morning and checked the back page, Yes it wasnae a dream, good solid performance from all, I wouldn’t pick anyone but VDM kicked a corker for the two points, the props hustled all night, ball movement from scrum or breakdown was sweet(not a fan of all the box kicks) , but the main thing is everyone played a part together(even the crowd singing? pulled heads up), and from behind the posts and some relay angles it was not a French try!
Listened to Cockers on the radio on the way home, calm common sense, hopefully some on the other site will see the humour in his comments but I sense there will be others spitting feathers in outrage again :roll:

Even the physio got in on the action last night. :lol:
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Brilliant all round team performance, what more can you say.Crowd really got behind the guys,a big well done on that front,All in all, a great night for us and Scottish rugby.Sore throat Today, but worth every minute.Well done to all.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 pm

I join in the mickey taking about the 'library' without ever taking it too seriously.

Yesterday, with Edinburgh attacking the line in the move that brought Graham's try, the crowd round me was on its feet roaring the team on. And someone was yelling at us to sit down. Could not believe it.

Anyway, after years of sitting through false dawns, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is not in fact an oncoming train. Can't wait for the end of March.

I assume we will get an opportunity to buy our season ticket seats before the tickets go on general sale.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Weegie wrote:I join in the mickey taking about the 'library' without ever taking it too seriously.

Yesterday, with Edinburgh attacking the line in the move that brought Graham's try, the crowd round me was on its feet roaring the team on. And someone was yelling at us to sit down. Could not believe it.

Anyway, after years of sitting through false dawns, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is not in fact an oncoming train. Can't wait for the end of March.

I assume we will get an opportunity to buy our season ticket seats before the tickets go on general sale.

Iagree on that one Weegie,i have had that on a few occasions as well,but it doesnt bother me now, if i want to get up and applaud the team i do so,if i shout i shout loud [ but never offensive].I feel it is getting better though,and last night was the best crowd of the season,probably up there with the 1872 match,albeit with less numbers.
i was also wondering about the seats for us season ticket holders for the Quarter final,if anybody knows the craic.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum