Caullie Lug 2018/19

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Caullie Lug 2018/19

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Not really in the mood of the award, been hijacked!
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:35 pm

Agree that it has rather strayed from its original purpose, which was to reward individuals who grafted away selflessly
and largely unnoticed by people who give out Man of the Match and player of the season awards. That's why you'd normally expect it to be a tight five thing.

Love Mr Darcy to bits and he has given the proverbial 110% this season, which makes one think he is a prop in spirit. But his contribution has not gone unnoticed by folk who hand out other prizes. I voted for Gilcho myself.

We could always have more than one award ....
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:55 pm

After last night's performance, and some of the others from earlier in the season (Dragons, Zebre, Kings, Cardiff), I don't think anyone deserves the award this year.

It's supposed to be for commitment to the jersey FFS but far too many - including so-called leaders - have been totally AWOL at key moments in big games (and, frankly, less big games) and have shown no pride in the jersey whatsoever.

The team should be giving out apologies, not prizes.
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Rico wrote:After last night's performance, and some of the others from earlier in the season (Dragons, Zebre, Kings, Cardiff), I don't think anyone deserves the award this year.

It's supposed to be for commitment to the jersey FFS but far too many - including so-called leaders - have been totally AWOL at key moments in big games (and, frankly, less big games) and have shown no pride in the jersey whatsoever.

The team should be giving out apologies, not prizes.

Wouldnt disagree with you on that one Rico,Disgraceful performance last night ,but the damage was done weeks ago.We are now clutching at straws and handed back the reins to Scarlets.We wont win at Scotstoun,Glasgow are a much better team at the moment and they wont slip up this time around.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum