v Kings Saturday 26th 3.15pm

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: v Kings Saturday 26th 3.15pm

Postby Claire on Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Fife has looked out of sorts for a while, letting the ball bounce a lot. Not sure why Brown has become a winger and he has become a fullback?

Maybe this is part of the problem with Fife, yeah he can play fullback, but didnt really see the point of playing him there yesterday when Brown was on the field. I also think another issue is that they're not actually getting enough game time, only getting pulled in when the "first choice" players are out.. maybe a bit more of an even spread would benefit further..
Claire
Embra Debut

Postby monkey on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:20 pm

Weegie wrote:
Well that assumes I think we lost this because of the ref. Which I don't. Edinburgh lost through their own incompetence against a poorer team, the ref's incompetence should not have come into it as Edinburgh had all game long to adapt and did not.

You've changed your tune a bit....You literally said you'd have won if the referee had done a better job earlier in this thread.

Weegie wrote:Edinburgh were poor, but should have won that even with the dodgy ref. They certainly would have done if the Kings were properly penalised for their continuous infringing.
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:55 pm

monkey wrote:
Weegie wrote:
Well that assumes I think we lost this because of the ref. Which I don't. Edinburgh lost through their own incompetence against a poorer team, the ref's incompetence should not have come into it as Edinburgh had all game long to adapt and did not.

You've changed your tune a bit....You literally said you'd have won if the referee had done a better job earlier in this thread.

Weegie wrote:Edinburgh were poor, but should have won that even with the dodgy ref. They certainly would have done if the Kings were properly penalised for their continuous infringing.

Reading comprehension and logic fail.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:21 am

monkey wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:

Didn’t we win the first 1872 due to a dodgy red letting us away with murder in the scrum and breakdown? Or was that the second one? Hard to keep up with the excuses.

I don’t think anyone is arguing the quality of offcials is good enough, but we also don’t think there is some sort of conspiracy against us. It’s interesting the stats for Owens show Munster don’t a actually win more games than normal with him reffing. It’s almost like perception and reality are often different!

:lol: :lol: Making stuff up again. Not unexpected. :lol: :lol:

But it is - the Glasgow form has threads about referees, game threads are full of referee chat and the referee chat is very anti Irish.

You'll find none of that here. Just annoyance at the worst refereeing performance going. Feel free to check a few threads back and there's none (or very little) anti ref nonsense v
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:22 am

Didn’t see game so can’t comment on the match.

However that is now the 3 lowest ranked teams we have lost away to which is concerning, on paper that was a stronger team than we have fielded in some matches so disappointing that they failed to deliver, it perhaps suggests there is still work to do on the mental conditioning side of the players.

I wonder if there is starting to be an element of 1st XV and the rest and if some of those playing on Friday know they are not going to be here next year, we are clearly struggling for quality of depth and the likes of Dell moving on will presumably see budget used to strengthen elsewhere.

I think it is far too early to be dismissing Taylor as not good enough he has had a handful of appearances amongst a largely 2nd string selection. I am not convinced that moving JJ to the wing to accommodate him at 13 was necessary, Taylor has played wing in the past and that would have kept Dean and JJ in the centre which has been pretty effective of late.

I don’t think it is time to panic we are still 3rd in conference and after a decent run of form that result should serve to remind the team they are nowhere near the finished article. The next couple of home matches during the 6N are absolutely must win now though.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:43 am

The three week break (at least for the non international squad players) has come not a moment too soon. Hopefully at the end of it all or some of Bradbury,Scott and Hamilton -if not more-will be fit to resume and boost the squad.
Suddenly the Dragons and Cardiff matches become "must wins"-the Cardiff fixture will be extremely tough as they won't lose many to the 6N and are a tough propostion this season.After that Benetton away is massive (and a "double pointer" given the teams are neck and neck just now in the table.Then straight after 6N the Leinster fixture at home may come down to what sort of team either side is prepared to put out.Being the week before the Heineken QF I imagine Leinster will play their 2nds-who of course are still very strong-but Cockerill will need to decide if he rests all those involved in the 6N for the Munster game or risks a couple of them to strengthen our hand.
Maybe too much for a Monday morning and lets just take it one game at a time when Pro 14 resumes-it really can be tough being a supporter thinking about all this..!
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:16 am

biffer wrote:
monkey wrote:
Weegie wrote:

Reading comprehension and logic fail.

Right.....someone saying they'd have won if the ref penalized the continuous infringing isn't the same as saying they'd have won if the ref had done his job. That's a stretch even for you Biffer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
monkey wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:

Didn’t we win the first 1872 due to a dodgy red letting us away with murder in the scrum and breakdown? Or was that the second one? Hard to keep up with the excuses.

I don’t think anyone is arguing the quality of offcials is good enough, but we also don’t think there is some sort of conspiracy against us. It’s interesting the stats for Owens show Munster don’t a actually win more games than normal with him reffing. It’s almost like perception and reality are often different!

:lol: :lol: Making stuff up again. Not unexpected. :lol: :lol:

But it is - the Glasgow form has threads about referees, game threads are full of referee chat and the referee chat is very anti Irish.

You'll find none of that here. Just annoyance at the worst refereeing performance going. Feel free to check a few threads back and there's none (or very little) anti ref nonsense v

What nonsense. I see just as much chat about he referee on here. This thread is absolutely full of it. What I see you lot disliking is the total fiction that you lot don't complain about the referee pretty spectacular falling apart. It's hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Almost as funny as the game! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:21 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
You'll find none of that here.

You don't find much of anything on here though :lol: :lol: :lol:
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:03 pm

This guy is posting on here for one reason only, he thinks Edinburgh fans spoiled the Glasgow forum by pulling up him and others when they posted ill-informed nonsense, often in the run up to the 1872 games

He now wants to get under people’s skins here, he can only do that if you let him by responding to his posts.

He will see this post as some kind of irony but frankly I don’t care and it’s the last time I’m going to refer to him. Let him rant away to himself, he’s deliberately trying to wind you up, the real definition of an internet troll is not someone who disagrees with a majority view on a blog or forum, it is someone who deliberately tries to disrupt it, the old adage works, don’t feed the troll.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:06 pm

monkey wrote:
Weegie wrote:Well that assumes I think we lost this because of the ref. Which I don't. Edinburgh lost through their own incompetence against a poorer team, the ref's incompetence should not have come into it as Edinburgh had all game long to adapt and did not.

Try reading what I wrote instead of what you want to see. Both quotes are consistent in saying I think Edinburgh should have won regardless of the ref. The inference most people would take from that is that I blame Edinburgh for the loss, not the ref.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:05 pm

Tichtheid wrote:This guy is posting on here for one reason only, he thinks Edinburgh fans spoiled the Glasgow forum by pulling up him and others when they posted ill-informed nonsense, often in the run up to the 1872 games

He now wants to get under people’s skins here, he can only do that if you let him by responding to his posts.

He will see this post as some kind of irony but frankly I don’t care and it’s the last time I’m going to refer to him. Let him rant away to himself, he’s deliberately trying to wind you up, the real definition of an internet troll is not someone who disagrees with a majority view on a blog or forum, it is someone who deliberately tries to disrupt it, the old adage works, don’t feed the troll.

Nah....it’s all just banter! Get a grip. Harmless stuff!! Serious debate!! :lol:

Ps you do talk some SteveWalsh
Last edited by monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Weegie wrote:
monkey wrote:
Weegie wrote:Well that assumes I think we lost this because of the ref. Which I don't. Edinburgh lost through their own incompetence against a poorer team, the ref's incompetence should not have come into it as Edinburgh had all game long to adapt and did not.

Try reading what I wrote instead of what you want to see. Both quotes are consistent in saying I think Edinburgh should have won regardless of the ref. The inference most people would take from that is that I blame Edinburgh for the loss, not the ref.

:lol: shift the goalposts much???
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:07 pm

The hypocrisy on here is priceless! :lol: :lol:
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:09 pm

Weegie wrote:
monkey wrote:

Try drying your eyes!
monkey
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum