Heineken Cup QF v Munster

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Heineken Cup QF v Munster

Postby The Nudger on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Bit left field but rather than break up what has become a genuine partnership between Dean and JJ, Bennett to full back? I think he's played their for Glasgow on occasion but could be wrong? He's a great broken field runner but maybe not the guy to deal with Connie Murray's bombs.
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby frillage on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 pm

The Nudger wrote:Bit left field but rather than break up what has become a genuine partnership between Dean and JJ, Bennett to full back? I think he's played their for Glasgow on occasion but could be wrong? He's a great broken field runner but maybe not the guy to deal with Connie Murray's bombs.

Na, Bennet never played 15 for weegies. Wing possibly an option, but still not sure of his pace post injury.
frillage
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Well if yesterday's extraordinary events don't add 5k to the gate nothing will!
What a marketing man's dream-over half the side in the "match of the century" to reappear at Murrayfield in a fortnight in a European QF..or something like that anyway.
(Anyone care to hazard agues at how many tickets now sold? Radio silence about this so far-apart from being "over 20k about 3 weeks ago- though no doubt the marketing will be ramped up from tomorrow with the 6N out of the way.Just be nice to know and obviously the target is to beat the 37/38k of the 2012 Toulouse match.)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Forget the marketing the second half should give the players confidence. Think last season it was a strong run in after a decent 6N with players returning confident that got us into the playoffs. If we had not turned yesterday's match around I think the mental damage would been a massive hurdle to making progress in either CC or league.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Story in today's Hootsmun saying that with over 30 000 tickets sold, the match is on course to beat the UK quarter final record, which was 37,888 for Saracens v Ulster in 2012 which was six, yes six people, more than we had for the Toulouse game the previous year (it could be seven depending on source)
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Anyone know if there is season ticket holders parking for this? There is no specific info I can see one way or another and whilst the FAQs implies there is, it is not specific anywhere I can see.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Claire on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:41 pm

There is Parking for ST holders, ER posted this up the other day on the facebook event page

ℹ️ CAR PARKING | Saughton Hall Car Park will be available for Season Ticket Members and Business Club on a first come, first serve basis.

Please be aware we expect it to be very busy so we strongly advise you arrive in plenty of time to try and ensure you can park.
Claire
Embra Debut

Postby Pitfitter446 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:53 pm

I suspect it’ll be busy.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Claire wrote:There is Parking for ST holders, ER posted this up the other day on the facebook event page

Ta
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby djsxv on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:26 pm

Just noticed this from the FAQs attached to Matchday information. Anyone got any ideas?

Changing Places Toilet:
We now have a Changing Places Toilet available located in vomitory 7 next to the Macron shop in the South West corner of the stadium.

Maybe I'm just getting older :?
djsxv
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:35 pm

djsxv wrote:Just noticed this from the FAQs attached to Matchday information. Anyone got any ideas?

Changing Places Toilet:
We now have a Changing Places Toilet available located in vomitory 7 next to the Macron shop in the South West corner of the stadium.

Maybe I'm just getting older :?

It's a disabled toilet with additional space for someone who needs a helper and additional space.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Claire on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:40 pm

Weegie wrote:
Claire wrote:There is Parking for ST holders, ER posted this up the other day on the facebook event page

Ta

They now seem to have revoked the parking, there is blue badge parking at the ice rink.
Claire
Embra Debut

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Thoughts on the team for Saturday?

Schoey, Rambo, Nel picks itself
Gilcho, Toolis likewise

Hrmm, I thought JB played really well last week, did he do enough to start? If so it's him. Watson and Big Bill

Hp, VdW - best we've got for our game plan

Darcy and VdM on the wings, fullback? Probably Dougie Fife, no idea why Tom Brown doesn't get a look in.

Centres, for my money Scott and JJ

On the pine, Cherry or Fordy, maybe Fordy's experience will get him the seat. Dell and Bergs.
The next choice is a difficult one if everyone is fit - do we gamble a little and pick Maggie and Ritchie, with Mata as lock cover? Or do we go with Fraz or CHH and one of the other two for back row cover? Maybe Bradbury will start, if so Barclay will be on the bench for sure.

I'd love to see Cockers stick with Charlie Shiel for this, then Dean and probably Hickey as we have very little fly half cover.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 am

Claire wrote:
Weegie wrote:

Ta

They now seem to have revoked the parking, there is blue badge parking at the ice rink.

I got sent a link too-from edinburgh fans in Mexico, wish they'd make up their mind, I need to make travel plans.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Wish they would make up their minds re the parking....adds a fair bit to the day when travelling with bus especially with the jamesmatthew kick off time as well.Wonder what their excuse is for this decision?
BruceLee
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum