Heineken Cup QF v Munster

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Heineken Cup QF v Munster

Postby disco on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:43 pm

liveinhope wrote:Hmm,not an issue for me living with 15 mins of the stadium but frankly 12.45pm is pretty bad timing for a game of this magnitude.Feel we'll lose a number who might have travelled from other parts of Scotland and Glasgow supporters not going south who want to be certain of seeing their match on tv-and with our game finishing only about half an hour before Glasgow kick off (and always possibility of extra time)) not sure if enough pubs nearby to accommodate those wanting to readily see both.
Always been split with two games each on Sat/Sun before. Clearly some clubs prefer the Sat.I wonder if the clocks changing overnight also had some bearing on this?

First order of business for the SRU should surely be arranging to stay open later after the match and have the Saracens v Glasgow match on big screens.

I would have come through but I'll be in Barnet - hopefully with Edinburgh's game on their screens! I'm sure there will still be plenty of Warriors' fans who will make it to Murrayfield.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:53 pm

disco wrote:
liveinhope wrote:Hmm,not an issue for me living with 15 mins of the stadium but frankly 12.45pm is pretty bad timing for a game of this magnitude.Feel we'll lose a number who might have travelled from other parts of Scotland and Glasgow supporters not going south who want to be certain of seeing their match on tv-and with our game finishing only about half an hour before Glasgow kick off (and always possibility of extra time)) not sure if enough pubs nearby to accommodate those wanting to readily see both.
Always been split with two games each on Sat/Sun before. Clearly some clubs prefer the Sat.I wonder if the clocks changing overnight also had some bearing on this?

First order of business for the SRU should surely be arranging to stay open later after the match and have the Saracens v Glasgow match on big screens.

I would have come through but I'll be in Barnet - hopefully with Edinburgh's game on their screens! I'm sure there will still be plenty of Warriors' fans who will make it to Murrayfield.

I think the SRU will go all-out to get people in the door. We have three STs but are bringing another 3, possibly 5 - a few non-regulars from work also talking about going. It's on a Saturday, middle of the day so fine for Weegies to get to and from without the usual train nightmare, even after watching the Glasgow game on big screens. Add in 10,000 thirsty Irish fans on a weekender and I'd expect full 6 Nations-type fan village / bars etc. Could be a huge money-spinner for the Keep Bill fund.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:55 pm

New Gunner wrote:
disco wrote:

I think the SRU will go all-out to get people in the door. We have three STs but are bringing another 3, possibly 5 - a few non-regulars from work also talking about going. It's on a Saturday, middle of the day so fine for Weegies to get to and from without the usual train nightmare, even after watching the Glasgow game on big screens. Add in 10,000 thirsty Irish fans on a weekender and I'd expect full 6 Nations-type fan village / bars etc. Could be a huge money-spinner for the Keep Bill fund.

Last time they promised to show the Glasgow game after a game at Murrayfield they shut the bar and kicked us out with 60 minutes on the clock.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Tickets on sale to ST holders today, after 5pm I think, priority until Sunday evening, emails will be sent when ticketing goes live(or so they say), on the ball for a change, if it all works.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:24 pm

I like the timing and I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring my 6-year old son to BTM for the first time: sensible kick-off time, crowd will be lower than an international, some high quality craic.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby MightyDrumbeat on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Tickets on sale now for ST holders. Prices kept low too.
MightyDrumbeat
Embra Debut

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Got the email and booked E9, oldies so spent the money on an upgrade. :airborne: Can we make a noise there? :lol:
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:05 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:Got the email and booked E9, oldies so spent the money on an upgrade. :airborne: Can we make a noise there? :lol:

I am in E7,but row back from my normal two seats,tbh quite happy with that.Yeh we can make some noise and I reckon it will be a bumper crowd.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Just looking at my whereabouts and my club's fixtures and I note that March 30th has a full set of fixtures for National 1, 2 and 3 as well as East League 1. That's quite a clash to work around. Some of those games may be end-of-season crunch games too,
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:25 pm

15000 sold by end of day 1 of public sale. Good start.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Great stuff.Does this include any of the allocation to Munster?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:45 pm

liveinhope wrote:Great stuff.Does this include any of the allocation to Munster?

Not sure if they got an allocation as such, public sale unrestricted so they can fill their boots...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:11 pm

A good start.

Why are we selling standing tickets in front of the west though? If we are to get near 40k will we not need the west stand well populated?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:56 am

dolf_lundgren wrote:A good start.

Why are we selling standing tickets in front of the west though? If we are to get near 40k will we not need the west stand well populated?

East stand now sold out, limited number of standing tickets left and they are opening more sections of the wesr stand.

There were standing tickets for the Toulouse q/f.

With good marketing we could beat that Toulouse number, I’m not sure if I get shore leave yet, but I’d be scunnered to miss it.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:06 am

Don’t remember there being standing tickets at Toulouse game, I think I was in the west stand.

It bugs me that we seem to insist on holding back good seats and trying that sell the worst seats on the ground. I know it puts some people off.

Hope we can still get close to the 40k
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum