Heineken Cup QF v Munster

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Heineken Cup QF v Munster

Postby Wottie on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:08 am

Really wish they would release the ticket sales numbers a bit more regularly as this in itself will attract people to go. People usually really keen to be part of something big and out of the ordinary. I may be just being a bit starry eyed but I'm sure there was more of a buzz in the lead in to Toulouse in 2012!

Anyone know if the Munster ticket sales will be included in these areas of the stadium that have sold out? Presumably yes.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:More Gold and Platinum tickets in Upper West stand on sale today if you are waiting on better seats becoming available.

I'm sure some people instead of waiting will just give up if they're not keen on the north and south seats available. I doubt most will expect, or have a nice person alert them to, a later seat releases of the above. Strange way to go about maximising attendance. I've got mine, thinking more of the less committed.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Tickets arrived in the post this morning, just watched Munster v Kings, were Munster good or the Kings very poor? Still, we can progress further!
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 pm

sammy wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:More Gold and Platinum tickets in Upper West stand on sale today if you are waiting on better seats becoming available.

I'm sure some people instead of waiting will just give up if they're not keen on the north and south seats available. I doubt most will expect, or have a nice person alert them to, a later seat releases of the above. Strange way to go about maximising attendance. I've got mine, thinking more of the less committed.

Totally agree with this, it is like the west stand is only opened grudgingly. It I should bound to put some people off if they thin they can only get lower tier of north or south. We have to be more ambitious and say we expect to sell 40k so open the next whole thing up, then people,e may fish to get the best seats, now it is the opposite where they are waiting for Better ones and may forget or get bored.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Cammo Gunner on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:
sammy wrote:

... it is like the west stand is only opened grudgingly...

Pitchside standing means that West stand is limited. Anyone closer to the pitch than row P or thereabouts will have view obscured.
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:02 pm

It’s still 6 weeks until the game. No panic yet, but I agree that conventional logic is that the earlier you buy the better the seat you can get. They should have fixed on 50k and immediately released what they wanted to do for that crowd but including all of the best sections in the stadium. Grinds my gears this approach.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:37 pm

I reckon, making an assumption on pitch side standing and hospitality / business club sales, somewhere between 22-23,000 seats have been sold so far. 7 weeks to go, not too bad.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:38 pm

The Edinburgh website only today is saying "over 20,000 tickets sold" so looks like the 22/23,000 guesstimate was a bit high .
(Oh and-being pedantic- its actually five weeks on Saturday to the game).
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 pm

I got my tickets yesterday, chap in the office was friendly, helpful and gave me excellent customer service. I can only assume he missed the last SRU staff training day...

He told me that they'd sold 20,000 the first week. West stand now looks to be pretty much sold out and bottom tier of N & S Stands is filling up. Top tiers aren't on sale yet.
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:26 pm

I have to say I have never found the guys in the ticket office anything other than great to deal with. Whether on the phone or in person they are very helpful.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Cammo Gunner on Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:02 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:I have to say I have never found the guys in the ticket office anything other than great to deal with. Whether on the phone or in person they are very helpful.

This :above: :above:
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Cammo Gunner wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:I have to say I have never found the guys in the ticket office anything other than great to deal with. Whether on the phone or in person they are very helpful.

This :above: :above:

Me too.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:06 pm

I had a quick look at the ticket site this morning, and it looks like a lot of tickets sold. Available sections in the West stand are either sold out, or getting close to it. North and south tickets not selling well despite being cheaper. i wonder how many people bought in the north and south then transferred to the West when it was opened?

Now that the early bird is over, it would be interesting to know how many tickets have been sold.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:17 pm

New sections in the west stand opened, good sign.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Amazing silence on the forum about yesterday's Wales match but this covers both that and the Munster game.
Very concerned about the extraordinary circumstances under which Scotland lost their entire back three to injury.
Purely from an Edinburgh standpoint I wonder if anyone watching the match on television heard any comment about Kinghorn and Graham's injuries? (Graham in particular as no idea what his issue was-Blair clearly hobbling).Obviously vital they are both fit for Munster-not worried if they miss Twickenham!
(And wearing my Scotland hat anyone care to guess the Scotland back three for Saturday (or the back five?)One chink of light was Hastings very assured performance at full back . )
liveinhope
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum