v Cardiff Sat. 23rd Feb 7.35pm

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: v Cardiff Sat. 23rd Feb 7.35pm

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:21 pm

The Nudger wrote:How did t hat work out for you?

Wife has hidden all the sharp objects. :lol:
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Cammo Gunner on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:
The Nudger wrote:How did t hat work out for you?

Wife has hidden all the sharp objects. :lol:

Mine hides any object harder than socks... :wink:
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Ready for the match Tonight,need a good comprehensive win against a Welsh outfit, cause its unlikely we will beat their big team in The 6 Nations or England for that matter.Hopefully these next two matches do not put the death rattle on the rest of our domestic season.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm

If the Scotland game wasnt' bad enough I've got a seriously bad feeling about tonight to boot. Can't believe Toony's deprived us of Pyrgos and Dean just so they could sit and watch that SteveWalsh!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:07 pm

The Nudger wrote:If the Scotland game wasnt' bad enough I've got a seriously bad feeling about tonight to boot. Can't believe Toony's deprived us of Pyrgos and Dean just so they could sit and watch that SteveWalsh!

Aye, I was thinking similar, I hope we win to justify all those players getting cuffed who could be doing a job tonight.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:21 pm

All in all, a sh!te day on the rugby front. P!ss poor all round
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby adi1314 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Not the best!
adi1314
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Yet another meek second half surrender from a dominant position.

You could see it unfolding in horrible slow motion,

My wife knows someone professionally whose moto is "Change the people or change the people", some of these guys aren't up to it, they haven't changed.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 pm

Thought we looked very comfortable first half all playing well not real threat from Cardiff but second half came out with none of the physicality or aggressive line speed, dropped off tackles and then appeared to think it a good idea to kick to their dangerous back three. LawrenceBryce rubbish second forty, why wait to give Sheil 5mins at the end.

Another SteveWalsh day as a Scottish rugby fan
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:58 pm

Goodbye playoffs.Goodbye Champions cup next season.That match highlights our strengh in depth,at least hopefully,we can put out a near full team for the Quarter final and play with a bit fire and passion.That second half Tonight was dreadful and a bit of an embarassment to Edinburgh Rugby, cant say anymore on that capitulation except why was Fowles allowed to remain on the pitch for 76 minutes? and why were we deprived of Dean and Pyrgos for them to gain splinters on a Parisian bench? Thanks Townsend you waste of space!
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:11 am

That second half was awful. My main finger of shame is pointing directly at Hickey. If I never see him in an Edinburgh Rugby shirt again, I'll be happy.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Cammo Gunner on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:43 am

biffer wrote:That second half was awful. My main finger of shame is pointing directly at Hickey. If I never see him in an Edinburgh Rugby shirt again, I'll be happy.

Fowles was excellent in the 1st half 20 mins or so then dropped off. Should have been hooked at 40.

Hope Duhan's leg/calf/hamstring injury is not too serious. Big 'Bill's too
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 am

Thought the players looked tired and jaded last night, disjointed in defence and a real lack of desire in attack. yes we were 14 zip up but both tries came from Edinburgh mistakes at the onset and then to turn over possession from two basic errors and give away tries to let Cardiff back into the game is unforgivable.
if we didn't already know it, HP is critical to our game plan and his box kicking is always on the money, last night 3/4 yards to far allowing them to come straight back at us. Our strength in depth is nowhere near good enough, however, we are less than two years into Cockers revolution and probably still punching above our weight, as the QF of Europe will testify. Would a first XV have won last night? yes and probably with a bonus point too. However, we are still going in the right direction.
As for next week, will be interesting if Connor O Shea, will target Benetton getting a play off place at the expense of the national team being mauled by England the following week. Think my plan of action will be to get fuelled up on Peroni and Processo before heading to the Stadio di Mongio next Saturday, as it might be a long afternoon in the Italian sunshine.
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:55 am

Tichtheid wrote:Yet another meek second half surrender from a dominant position.

You could see it unfolding in horrible slow motion,

My wife knows someone professionally whose moto is "Change the people or change the people", some of these guys aren't up to it, they haven't changed.

Interesting, who would you change TH?
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:14 am

I wasn't surprised we lost to Cardiff given the team we were fielding, but the way it panned out was a bit dispiriting. They played some neat stuff, and I felt they deserved their win. We were ok in the first half, but after our second try we rarely threatened them and our game plan was pretty one-dimensional. We kicked far too much possession to them, and lacked the ambition to try something else. I thought Fowles played pretty well, I think he was just following orders in box kicking so much, and it's not his natural game. The injuries didn't help, and we looked a bedraggled bunch by the end. Going to be very hard next week.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum