v Cardiff Sat. 23rd Feb 7.35pm

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

v Cardiff Sat. 23rd Feb 7.35pm

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:25 pm

The frankly ludicrous scheduling has us playing a league game a few hours after Scotland play in Paris.

Who do we have left to play for us?

Schoeman, Ford, Ceccerelli, Fraz, CHH, Crosbie, Miller, Mata
Pyrgos? Brown, Hickey, Dean, Socino, vdW, vdM, Farndale? Taylor? the jannie's wee laddie who started mini rugby in September?
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Re: v Cardiff Sat. 23rd Feb 7.35pm

Postby bignose on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Tichtheid wrote:The frankly ludicrous scheduling has us playing a league game a few hours after Scotland play in Paris.

The SRU scheduling has clubs in the lower reaches supposedly playing league games while Scotland play in Paris.
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:55 pm

bignose wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:The frankly ludicrous scheduling has us playing a league game a few hours after Scotland play in Paris.

The SRU scheduling has clubs in the lower reaches supposedly playing league games while Scotland play in Paris.

Aye, my hometown club are in East 2 and there are rescheduled games from December going on.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Who do we have left to play for us?

Schoeman, Ford, Ceccerelli, Fraz, CHH, Crosbie, Miller, Mata
Pyrgos? Brown, Hickey, Dean, Socino, vdW, vdM, Farndale? Taylor? the jannie's wee laddie who started mini rugby in September?

My guess would be that Pyrgos will travel to France as '24th man' cover with Horne being out injured. Unfortunately I think Toony will prefer Harris or Grigg to Johnstone, so we could have both Dean and JJ available. It's an ideal chance to have Shiel on the bench, although arguably the Dragons game was too.

With Cherry and McCallum released from Scotland that bolsters the bench.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Damien Hoyland said on Friday that he should be available this week.

I would be amazed if Johntone wasnt released to us, ditto Fife, a bit strange them being called up, highly unlikely they will feature. Unless there are more injuries that we are being told about?

I reckon we must be missing half of our top 30 players, if we pull something off in Paris then it is a remarkable achievement, mainly by France to manage to find a way to lose again.

Thinking positively, Rusell's injury hasnt been confirmed, and erm lots of players will be fresh for the RWC having had a break??
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Fair chance Crobie will be on bench or travelling reserve?This would leave us two short in the back row for the 23. Mason? And??
Presumably Tom Brown can cover the other wing with (presumably) Graham in Paris.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:48 pm

liveinhope wrote:Fair chance Crobie will be on bench or travelling reserve?This would leave us two short in the back row for the 23. Mason? And??
Presumably Tom Brown can cover the other wing with (presumably) Graham in Paris.

As much as I'm sure he'd want to be involved with Scotland, I hope Crosbie is available for Edinburgh, his time with Scotland will come soon enough.

I think Scotland will have Bradbury, Ritchie and Strauss starting, Toonie likes Harley and he has Graham, Ashe and Hardie.

This might be heresy, but Big Bill, as much as I love his carrying ability, he has hooves for hands at the base of the scrum at times. Going forward it might make more sense to bring Bradbury up to speed as an 8
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:40 pm

He also looked to be carrying a knock when he went off on Friday...
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:34 am

Mark Bennett tweeted this week that it is great to be back on the field with the Edinburgh squad.

Think last update was the Treviso match was likely for his return but it would be a boost to have him back this week.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:20 pm

I was wandering past Murrayfield yesterday and had a wee watch of the boys training, Bill, Bennett and Hoyland all looked to be taking a full part in training as was Nayolo. Hickey was running with the firsts as well so wondering if Jaco has picked up a knock? Also no sign of Fordy.
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:36 pm

Just realised we are off to a Paul Carrack gig on Saturday, booked before fixture list was out, Ineed to keep away from social media and the radio until we get home and the telly on to watch the recording, hope to come home happy and then the evening even better.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Dean pictured with the Scotland team going to France so Socino at 12?

Pyrgos also with Scotland
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 pm

Getting close anyone attending and fit should take their boots, they might get a game?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:Getting close anyone attending and fit should take their boots, they might get a game?

The situation for selecting a 23 for the Cardiff game is becoming a bit of a farce.Cardiff will definately be viewing this as an away win,tell you what we had better bring the points back from Paris or i for one wont be a happy bunny!
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:14 pm

So from last week we'll be missing Graham, Dean,Pyrgos,Toolis and Bradbury! (I trust we still have have Crosbie at least?)
And a good Cardiff team could,barring injury,be the same as nearly beat Glasgow at the death last weekend (possibly Jarrod Evans held back by Wales?)
Going to be very tough to get a win methinks...
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum