Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Season Tickets

Postby biffer on Mon May 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Prices held from last year.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Mon May 27, 2019 10:02 pm

Adult ST prices held, no more free child ones though
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am

Edinburgh Shark wrote:Adult ST prices held, no more free child ones though

Think it was always going to be the case that the child tickets were no longer free given we were supposed to be on the back pitches for this season, and are still scheduled to be so mid-season, as is the case with ER this should be communicated clearly though.

I have always had a Silver ST but as the number of Gold ST has increased the Silver seats in the East stand are now getting pushed further and further towards the try lines, I thought there may have been a platinum price band for around the half way this season with Gold the next sections out. May look into upgrading this season but the allocated seat lottery and the fear of getting stuck next to some KelvinDeaker of an ER fan does not appeal! :)
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Tue May 28, 2019 10:32 am

The Feral Goat wrote: the allocated seat lottery and the fear of getting stuck next to some KelvinDeaker of an ER fan does not appeal! :)

Don't worry, I haven't been to a game in years.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue May 28, 2019 10:36 am

robdinsdale wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote: the allocated seat lottery and the fear of getting stuck next to some KelvinDeaker of an ER fan does not appeal! :)

Don't worry, I haven't been to a game in years.

Haha but I probably would have to sit next to my family not sure how they would react if I took a seat at least a few sections away, maybe worth it though.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Wed May 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Season tickets bought for myself and my son. I am over 60 and he is a student so £240 for the pair of gold seats on the half way. Bargain.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed May 29, 2019 1:03 pm

From the ST email it reads like the we wont be moving to the back pitches at all next season, previous communication suggested it would happen as soon as it could.

Weegie, were you able to buy top tier East as a gold ST or did you not look to move?

Wording on email mentions Silver unreserved seating in lower East stand but Gold just in East does it mean upper is possibly open to Gold ST next season?

Will try and give ticket office a call later just wondered if anyone knew.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Wed May 29, 2019 1:51 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:From the ST email it reads like the we wont be moving to the back pitches at all next season, previous communication suggested it would happen as soon as it could.

Weegie, were you able to buy top tier East as a gold ST or did you not look to move?

Wording on email mentions Silver unreserved seating in lower East stand but Gold just in East does it mean upper is possibly open to Gold ST next season?

Will try and give ticket office a call later just wondered if anyone knew.

We have been sitting with the same people for many years so i did not look at moving.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed May 29, 2019 1:53 pm

If The Plan comes together I’ll be back living in bonnie bonnie Scotland by the start of next season, or close to it.

What would be the best option as a newbie ST holder? I guess the more flexible option is the silver category, are there Gold ticket holders who would really recommend it? I’ll probably be coming to many of the matches on my todd.
What’s the score with the east stand for the 1872? Is it first-come-first-served for the silver seats?
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed May 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Tichtheid wrote:If The Plan comes together I’ll be back living in bonnie bonnie Scotland by the start of next season, or close to it.

What would be the best option as a newbie ST holder? I guess the more flexible option is the silver category, are there Gold ticket holders who would really recommend it? I’ll probably be coming to many of the matches on my todd.
What’s the score with the east stand for the 1872? Is it first-come-first-served for the silver seats?

Gold arguably more flexible as you can still sit in the unreserved seating or stand pitch side should you attend with others, you just have your seat guaranteed for when you don’t.

If I recall correctly at the 1872 we had the option to upgrade at a small cost to gold and platinum sections (possibly same for Euro QF as well), as a silver ST holder I have never had any issue getting good seats for the bigger matches with the ST pre-sale and more sections available plus have the option to purchase additional tickets for the others that wish to attend.

It is the regular matches when we are now getting 7k ish that the Silver sections are being pushed further towards the try lines, for that reason I am considering upgrading to a gold seat to secure a better position this season.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed May 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks, FG.

I hadn't thought about gold ticket holders being able to move around, right enough. I seem to recall it being said that current gold ticket holders would get priority for that category at the new Minifield when it opens, too, so that might be the best option.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Thu May 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Just stuck our season tickets in the silver standing, happy to jump and stamp the feet when its cold.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu May 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:Just stuck our season tickets in the silver standing, happy to jump and stamp the feet when its cold.

Do you not have a tartan blanket?
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu May 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Just gone for good after always being silver,getting first shout at seats in new ground is the driver. That and the god awful seats we were given for the 1872.

Top tier had a section open for the Ulster game, so may well just open that for individual ticket sales in future if bottom section is full of st’s.

Hopefully we will see another jump in ticket sales.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri May 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Weegie wrote:
Pitfitter446 wrote:Just stuck our season tickets in the silver standing, happy to jump and stamp the feet when its cold.

Do you not have a tartan blanket?

Left it in the boot with the picnic basket. :lol:
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum