Leinster Friday 11th October

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Leinster Friday 11th October

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Nah, Whitehouse bottled it, telling us to use it off a dominant scrum, and giving a very long explanation as to why he was looking to penalise Schoey, then ignoring the Leinster maul infringements
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:41 pm

macdone wrote:Surely got to trust your backs against 13 men. We ran down the sin bin clock for them.

We did though, we lost the ball running a backs move in their 22 and then didn't see it for the rest of the half. Problem was the stupid penalties, the offside on halfway when they were just going side to side was the worst
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby The Party Line on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 pm

That was just brainless! They had 2 back in the bin and we kept it in the forwards. Who's the captain? Where's the clear thinking under pressure!
The Party Line
International

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Ah we've lost.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm

We've absolutely chucked this. 7-5 up playing 13 men for 7 minutes and we're now 26-7 down.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Not a lot of plus points from that, you have to take the ref out of it and we didn’t do that.

We are several millions and several years behind Leinster, that much is obvious
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby gunner_graham on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Poor management out there. Leinster are a stubborn side to break down, but everytime we got a 5m lineout it was thrown to the front. Far too easy to defend.
Once the ref decideded we were no longer dominant in the scrum that was it.
Crosbie looking decent, Hoyland ok but that was about it. And Shiel off the bench.
gunner_graham
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Not good for the blood pressure playing that way, ball should have been wide to Merwe a couple of times, played in circles, didn't take advantage when we should have, bad night all round, won’t mention Ben.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Deleted, double post.
Last edited by Pitfitter446 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Oh, and we switched the commentary off after 50 minutes, utter pish coming forth from their too, says herself.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:24 am

Away from the disappointment of a pretty awful performance what stood out for me was a quite awesome performance by Luke Crosbie.This lad is every bit as good and probably better than Bradbury and Ritchie (and streets ahead of Barclay and Wilson) in my view.I trust he gets his fair share of games after the RWC lads are back.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:16 am

liveinhope wrote:Away from the disappointment of a pretty awful performance what stood out for me was a quite awesome performance by Luke Crosbie.This lad is every bit as good and probably better than Bradbury and Ritchie (and streets ahead of Barclay and Wilson) in my view.I trust he gets his fair share of games after the RWC lads are back.

I agree on Crosbie, Haining was useful too, pass marks for the scrummaging for the pack, Shiel looked lively, after that...

We got gubbed

one caveat, not sure Crosbie is better than Ritchie and Bradbury but that trio is going to make a heck of a back row for us in the coming years
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:35 am

Thought Crosbie and Haining were good and thought Hoyland was very good.

But a gubbing I didn't see coming.

Leinster are just so good, doesn't matter whose playing they're always dominant in contact. Super impressive, it's what I want Edinburgh to be.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:48 am

Enjoyed that for 30 -35 minutes, but Leinster simply too strong and when Whitehouse lost his nerve ( great comment on the Glasgow forum about him finding a horses head in his dressing room at half time ) they rolled over us.

Well done the scrum. Lineout was a different matter though. Agree with the comments about Crosbie and Haining, and Miller and Shiel ( really should give him a start ) showed up fairly well when he came on. Also as said elsewhere Hoyland needs to kick on occasion otherwise they just line up for him.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Thought Crosbie and Haining were good and thought Hoyland was very good.

But a gubbing I didn't see coming.

Leinster are just so good, doesn't matter whose playing they're always dominant in contact. Super impressive, it's what I want Edinburgh to be.

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I called Cullen making a good head coach when he was a player, he is just so knowledgeable and influential.

When your budget allows for someone like Lancaster to be brought in as an assistant your club is doing something right, they are so well organised it's not funny, blue stormtroopers who all know their roles and all execute those roles almost perfectly, no matter who wears the jersey.

They are a hell of a side.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum