Treviso away - 2nd Nov

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Treviso away - 2nd Nov

Postby Bob on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Any one planning on going to Treviso? Booked tickets and flying the day after Brexit day, which could mean travel time may be a little unpredictable :(

Any top tips for going to the game and pre/post match activities? Will probably give Venice a skip as we've been there before.
Bob
One cap wonder

Re: Treviso away - 2nd Nov

Postby Pitfitter446 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Any tips for travel? Fights etc, thinking about this dependent on anther idea going around in my head.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Thoroughly recommend the trip, we did it in March. My son and I stayed a night in Venice and then one in Treviso - perfectly reasonable 3 star hotels for €60/ night for the twin room. Venice was fantastic obviously. Treviso was good too - decent town centre and main square with a choice of restaurants / bars.

The stadium is walkable in 40 mins or so from the centre, and is a nice ground - locals were good fun. Crowd get on the pitch at the end, and the Edinburgh players had plenty of time for us.

We flew to Venice Marco Polo, but checked recently and there are cheaper flights with Ryanair direct to Treviso airport this year. Venice is a 20 min shuttle bus from Marco Polo, and Treviso is half an hour by train from Venice, really easy.

If you go for two nights, make sure one of them is in Venice. Have fun!
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Bob on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Ryanair flights were £80 today - fly friday afternoon and back sunday evening. Treviso is not far at all from the airport, a couple of miles and Venice is about 30mins away I think. That's all I know from when I was in Venice before.
Bob
One cap wonder

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 am

Thanks folks, looking into this.

As much a the wife dislikes Ryanair she might be persuaded. :D
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Bob on Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Shouldn't take too much convincing - the home of prosecco & it's on the door step of Venice. Don't mention the rugby and she'll think you're a total romantic (which of course you are no doubt!)
Bob
One cap wonder

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum