1872 Dec 28

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

1872 Dec 28

Postby Weegie on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 pm

As a long time season ticket holder I feel I should know this, but can someone remind me why I am being told via Facebook to 'Get your seat for the biggest match of the season'?

An email is mentioned but I have seen nothing.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Re: 1872 Dec 28

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:25 am

Not sure, if you are a silver season ticket holder you should be allocated a seat so not sure why you would need to, is it a general advert or specific to you? I haven’t seen it.

As an aside the seats we were allocated as silver st holders were awful, right down the front of the North/east corner; I felt we were taken for granted so they could sell the “good seats” to others.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:55 am

I got mail reminding me the ST was good for the game but we need to sort seats/tickets out, also mail inviting me to buy tickets for the game so one door ST holders and another general mail.?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 am

Two things

1. mainly, it’s because the standing area is limited to the West side and 900 people. So you need a ticket to get into this area, otherwise you could end up with 10000 folk trying to get down there.

2. Most of the stand is normally unreserved. With 25,000 or so coming along, it’s all allocated seating and ST holders will whine like crazy if they end up in SteveWalsh seats so we get first dibs.

Either phone the ticket office tochoose your seat, or if you bought your ST through the website, there will be an option on your account to pick your free ticket.

Also interesting that the standing tickets are priced at a premium this year, £5 more expensive than the silver seated tickets.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:13 pm

I have now tracked down a copy of the email. Apparently it is business as usual unless we want to buy extra seats.

Thanks for the comments.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Pitchside standing was more expensive than Silver STs last year as well
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:40 am

Ayton1keith wrote:Pitchside standing was more expensive than Silver STs last year as well

Was it? I didn’t notice :lol:
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby bigparahandy on Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:56 am

Just for clarification. You do need to get a ticket for this match. You can't just rock up with your season pass and get in. This is from the email -

Although included in your season membership, your membership card is not valid for this fixture.

You will need to select a seat in the Gold or Silver sections of BT Murrayfield. If you would prefer to upgrade to a ticket in the Platinum sections of the stadium, you can do so for a small fee of just £5 per Season Ticket Member.
[/b]

If you don't select a seat you will have one allocated. Also from the relevant email -

Any Season Ticket Member who has not secured their entitlement by Friday 29 November will be allocated Silver tickets by the ticketing team which will be posted early December.

Deadline to get in before public sale is Sunday 27/10/19
bigparahandy
Established pro

Postby sammy on Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:32 pm

bigparahandy wrote:Just for clarification. You do need to get a ticket for this match. You can't just rock up with your season pass and get in. This is from the email -

Although included in your season membership, your membership card is not valid for this fixture.

You will need to select a seat in the Gold or Silver sections of BT Murrayfield. If you would prefer to upgrade to a ticket in the Platinum sections of the stadium, you can do so for a small fee of just £5 per Season Ticket Member.
[/b]

If you don't select a seat you will have one allocated. Also from the relevant email -

Any Season Ticket Member who has not secured their entitlement by Friday 29 November will be allocated Silver tickets by the ticketing team which will be posted early December.

Deadline to get in before public sale is Sunday 27/10/19

I'm pretty TonySpreadbury off that I didn't get that email, and it's not that clear, unless they are really saying you will be downgraded to silver if you don't take any action, which would be pretty shocking. I expected gold ticket holders to be allocated their normal seats. Season ticket spiel says: Reserved seat for every home game of the regular season in the centre of the East Stand at BT Murrayfield. I don't what to do now, wondering if that email was just for silver season ticket holders.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Went into the ticket site and looked like I was only given the option to pay full price, but on confirmation page there is a re-assign link, so presumably normal seats are still allocated, but I can release them and change to other seats if I wanted to. Feel better now as it looks like original seats have been reserved.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby Annie Emm on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:47 pm

The email we received said that as a gold season ticket holder, no action is required unless we want to change seats.
Our "season ticket has been activated for this match"...so it sounds as if only silver season ticket holders need to reserve a seat or have one allocated.
Cue confusion when we try to get in with our ordinary gold season ticket cards :roll:
Annie Emm
Established pro

Postby sammy on Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:41 pm

Annie Emm wrote:The email we received said that as a gold season ticket holder, no action is required unless we want to change seats.
Our "season ticket has been activated for this match"...so it sounds as if only silver season ticket holders need to reserve a seat or have one allocated.
Cue confusion when we try to get in with our ordinary gold season ticket cards :roll:

Thanks Annie, sets my mind at rest even more. I presume we'll get tickets for our seats through the post and will need them for entry rather than the cards. Not sure where my email went, maybe ended up in Junk folder and since deleted. Doesn't happen with other Edinburgh emails though. Would be better if they just allocated the seats for all seated games when the season tickets are purchased (with option to change positions prior to public sale), then everyone would know the score.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:53 pm

I spoke to the ticket office who said that if you are using only your normal gold season ticket seats then your card is all you need.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 am

Weegie wrote:I spoke to the ticket office who said that if you are using only your normal gold season ticket seats then your card is all you need.

Was just about to say it would take less time to phone the ticket office than to post another message on here....
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Delight on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:15 pm

A wee heads up; I've seen news articles that Haymarket will be closed for engineering works over New Year and there will be no trains in/out of Edinburgh on the 28th. Neither Scotrail nor Network Rail have confirmed or denied (AFAIK) but worth keeping an eye open for an announcement in the next couple of weeks.
Delight
One cap wonder

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum