Bordeaux-Begles

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Bordeaux-Begles

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Difficult to be as up for this as possible due to the news on Tom Smith, but onwards we go

Schoey, Willemnse, Cecerelli, Toolis, Gilchrist, Bradbury, Crosbie, Mata

Pyrgos, van der Walt, Sau, Scott, Bennett, van der Merwe, Kinghorn

Fenton, Bhatti, Berghan, Douglas, Barclay, Shiel, Hickey, Taylor
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Re: Bordeaux-Begles

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Agree TH, keeps it in perspective.

I'd have liked Taylor, Shiel, and Hickey to keep their places as they played very well last week. Quite surprised he's gone full noise here.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Bordeaux aint holding back either

Bordeaux-Begles: Romain Buros; Santiago Cordero, Semi Radradra, Ulupano Seuteni, Blair Connor; Matthieu Jalibert (captain), Maxime Lucu; Thierry Paiva, Adrien Pélissié, Lekso Kaulashvili, Kane Douglas, Alexandre Flanquart, Beka Gorgadze, Cameron Woki, Scott Higginbotham.

Subs: Clément Renaud, Ravai Kovekalou, Zakaria El Fakir, Jandré Marais, Marco Tauleigne, Jules Gimbert, Ben Botica, Seta Tamanivalu.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:42 pm

13 changes for us from last week! Good to see we now have real depth in the squad and can now field two strong teams and still have a bit up our sleeve. This will be a real test for what is arguably our 1st choice 15, accepting that McInally and Nel still to come back. Bordeaux fielding a really strong team and are looking to get something out of this game. Huge battle up front for us against a big and powerful Bordeaux pack. All the subs will be required over the 80 as I expect it will be a bruising battle. It will be interesting to see if our much improved defensive in the backs holds together against Radrada and chums. I think we need to keep them moving and use our pace and fitness around the park. Scott and Bennet will need to run some good angles to get in behind their defence and will be key to the outcome. Should be a belter and will be a good measure to judge where we are in our journey. Expect a close game, probably more than a few tries and one score to settle the game. Fitness might be key and we might scrape it.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:05 pm

Good to see both clubs fielding strong sides for this one, should make for a properly competitive game. Don't want too many weakened-side games, otherwise we risk dropping into slack habits. It's not far off our strongest XV, so will be a proper examination of where we're at right now. Looking forward to it.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:14 am

Unless I'm missing something, it appears this game isn't yet confirmed as being streamed on the ERC site ?

There are apparently 3 more streams to be announced for this round, but numbers and time scales would suggest those are likely to be Saturday games. Anybody know any more ?
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:48 am

I was about to ask the same as I won't make the game tonight.I had thought when I read about the streaming last week that every game in every round would be covered but maybe picked that up wrongly.
Unfortunately looks like not being shown but no doubt worth keeping an eye on the EPRC site up till tonight just in case.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:28 pm

The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:28 pm

From the EPCR website

This weekend you will be able to watch seven European Rugby Challenge Cup Round 2 ties live for free on ChallengeCupRugby.com via EPCR TV.

Five matches – including four of Friday’s games – have been confirmed and the other two streams will be announced on all official channels before the match weekend.
Enisei-STM v Dragons will kick off our Challenge Cup streams at 15:00 GMT on Friday, with Brive v Bristol Bears and Pau v Rugby Calvisano also available via EPCR TV at 19:00 GMT. Edinburgh Rugby will also be live from 19:35 GMT.
Our Saturday offering will feature exclusive live match coverage of Zebre Rugby Club v Stade Francais Paris from 15:00 GMT.

https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/11/22/sev ... n-round-2/

I've registered again but I've not had the confirmation email back yet, but at least it does look like the stream is going ahead

edit - DAh! beaten to it by a lock, for shame :D
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:37 pm

You both beat me to it! Had just noticed on the site but hopefully this will help others who can't make it tonight .
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
I'd have liked Taylor, Shiel, and Hickey to keep their places as they played very well last week. Quite surprised he's gone full noise here.

Agree there. Begs the question whether Edinburgh are focussing on league and Heinekin qualification and developing depth, or if it's more of the same flogging the top players again.
I get Mata playing but the signal to the guys you name is no matter how well you play, you are not considered as a starter even for the diddy cup.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:24 pm

joe soap wrote:

Agree there. Begs the question whether Edinburgh are focussing on league and Heinekin qualification and developing depth, or if it's more of the same flogging the top players again.
I get Mata playing but the signal to the guys you name is no matter how well you play, you are not considered as a starter even for the diddy cup.

Alternatively, everyone is subject to rotation and rest protocols, no matter who you are.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:39 pm

I'm quite comfortable with the senior players lining up at home against the 2nd placed team in the Top 14, even if it is only the diddy cup.

Some of them are in need of a run out anyway.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:58 pm

biffer wrote:
joe soap wrote:

Alternatively, everyone is subject to rotation and rest protocols, no matter who you are.

I'm fine with that. Which one of Sheil, Taylor or Hockey needed rested?
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Whose place is Mata taking? Haining is banned and Bradbury is at 6 tonight. Ritchie (and Watson) are injured.
Only really ally Miller dropping out-though admittedly playing very well
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum