Munster Friday 29th

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Munster Friday 29th

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Aye, FG, I was hoping Graham would be playing tomorrow but having Mish back is a very unexpected bonus.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:18 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Going for it then.

Great to see Watson is back fit and Graham has dropped off injured list

Going for it right enough, and quite right. Chance to push on for a home semi! An 8 pointer, is that the phrase? Munster not exactly full strength, should win this.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:35 pm

Lets not get carried away, our record away from home is poor and this stat from the Pro 14 site preview tells its own tale -
Munster have not lost at home since Leinster beat them at Thomond Park in December 2017 and have not been defeated in Cork since Cardiff Blues were the visitors in September 2016.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:40 pm

Surely the really big news is that Darryl Marfo is no longer on the injured list...
disco
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:47 pm

disco wrote:

Surely the really big news is that Darryl Marfo is no longer on the injured list...

Just in time to be starting LH for the 6N then :)
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Lets not get carried away.Its still Munster and its still away.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Plus need to factor in

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR)
AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU), AR2: Matteo Liperini (FIR),
TMO: Stefano Penne (FIR)

In a league of poor refs Mitrea is one of the poorest in my opinion.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Fully accept that it's Munster, and that we're away, which means it's a tough ol' game that we need to go into with brains and @rses in gear.

In fairness, though, with the exception of Nel and Graham, we're putting out pretty much our 1st XV against the Munster 2nd/3rds. If we can't show up with the right attitude and go for the win in those circumstances, we have no business being in the playoffs.
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:36 pm

It's a strong Edinburgh side, it's stronger than many Scotland sides we've seen in the not too distant past, but that doesn't always translate on the to park, which I think reinforces my contention that it's the "top two" inches that are most in need of attention with regards to Edinburgh.

Six out of that pack would start for Scotland without too much controversy, there would be arguments from Glasgow about the second row but that is not really my point, that pack should be on the front foot against what is ostensibly a second string Munster outfit.

Our centres and back three wouldn't look too much out of place in the 6N, and again, our pack should be on top enough to give the half backs an easy ride.

Can we go there, to a ground that is something of a fortress, and play like we were at Murrayfield? I don't think there is much wrong with the calibre of players, it's all in the heid.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Gently optimistic, nice to see the familiar faces? coming back into rotation, this is a big game for us as points here are rare.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:23 pm

Interview with Cockers, he likes to stir it a bit, doesn't he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50586730
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:02 pm

Luke Crosbie was a skinny fat man who came in from the academy. Skinny upper-body, pot belly, little skinny legs. Now he's outstanding

:lol:
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 am

Nothing like a glowing compliment from your coach!

He is right though Crosbie has been outstanding. Really impressive to look at our back row injury list and still see Watson, Bradbury and Mata taking the field, we have at least 2 back rows who are as good as any in the league.

A real opportunity against Munster, still wont be easy but we have as good a chance as I can ever remember of turning over Munster away. Really need Pyrgos and VDW to fire and get the backs moving.

Interesting Ceccerelli is ahead of Berg, I thought Berg has looked very good when he has come on and looks much fiter than he has in the past
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:22 pm

joe soap wrote:

Going for it right enough, and quite right. Chance to push on for a home semi! An 8 pointer, is that the phrase? Munster not exactly full strength, should win this.

almost as though some posters can't understand the difference between "should" and "will"
Last edited by joe soap on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:26 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Nothing like a glowing compliment from your coach!

He is right though Crosbie has been outstanding. Really impressive to look at our back row injury list and still see Watson, Bradbury and Mata taking the field, we have at least 2 back rows who are as good as any in the league.

A real opportunity against Munster, still wont be easy but we have as good a chance as I can ever remember of turning over Munster away. Really need Pyrgos and VDW to fire and get the backs moving.

Interesting Ceccerelli is ahead of Berg, I thought Berg has looked very good when he has come on and looks much fiter than he has in the past

Crosbie has been outstanding, as he was last season when in the squad. Doesn't sound as if Cockerill ever saw him before that, for the under 20s etc because his comment is nonsense, in the true sense of the word.

Berg has looked loads fitter for a while, then again Ceccerelli has not looked out of place, certainly in the tight. Played a lot of games now though I think and may be left out of the next couple?
joe soap
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum