Wasps tomorrow

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Wasps tomorrow

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:52 pm

We sent a not far off second team to Wasps, and won. For anyone who has followed Edinburgh for more than a couple of years, that is a remarkable achievement. Couldn't care how we did it, I'll just enjoy that fact.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Anyone know the situation with George Taylor? My eyes may have deceived me but I thought he might have come back on after his HIA wearing a headband but no sure about that.
Important that he's ok otherwise we might suddenly be a bit pushed in the centre with Dean and scott already out for a while.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote:We sent a not far off second team to Wasps, and won. For anyone who has followed Edinburgh for more than a couple of years, that is a remarkable achievement. Couldn't care how we did it, I'll just enjoy that fact.

Yeah the Challenge Cup for me isn't about performances it's about more players getting a run out. Going away and beating a full strength Wasps side is very impressive.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:55 pm

liveinhope wrote:Anyone know the situation with George Taylor? My eyes may have deceived me but I thought he might have come back on after his HIA wearing a headband but no sure about that.
Important that he's ok otherwise we might suddenly be a bit pushed in the centre with Dean and scott already out for a while.

I hadn’t heard that Scott was out for an extended period, what the deal with him?
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Scott-ribs. Think I saw a comment from Hodge a week or so back suggesting he might be out for "a few weeks".
Already been a fortnight though and be good if he was at least back in time for the home fixture against Glasgow.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:45 am

The few seconds of highlights are now up.

Wasn't the Wasps try a bit dodgy? Looked like they broke through when a Wasps player was in the ruck, reached back to pick the ball up and went on the charge. I didn't think you could do that.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:53 am

robdinsdale wrote:The few seconds of highlights are now up.

Wasn't the Wasps try a bit dodgy? Looked like they broke through when a Wasps player was in the ruck, reached back to pick the ball up and went on the charge. I didn't think you could do that.

Looked dodgy at the time but no tmo at match so no review. Cant recall the rules re foot placement in relation to ball in ruck but one is definitely behind the ball when he picks it up.

Pity farndale got caught that would have been a peach of a try. Good to see movement and options before farndale got the ball as well
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum