Embra v Boo Boys Sat 28th Dec

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Embra v Boo Boys Sat 28th Dec

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Cammo Gunner wrote:Adamson should never ref derby games again. Was he wearing a Warrior's shirt or do I need my eyes tested :?:
He was almost as good as Clancy. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Marius would almost be a better option. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Weegies think he was our 16th player :?: :?: :?: WTF

Dave Rennie could referee Glasgow and their fans would accuse him of bias.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:00 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Yup, Matt Scott was superb. Good performance by all, Schoeman did really well to come back from a tough day last week.

Only bit that was concerning was our kicking, from hand it was very poor.

Glasgow besides Horne and Jones are pretty blunt. Jones looked back to his best and Horne was very sharp. Hastings just seems to float about dithering on the ball and Scott used Johnson as a speed bump a couple of times.

Agree about Scott. Back to his best as the player running hard at angles. The puffed up version of him running on the crash was such a waste.

Disagree about Hastings - he's class.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Scott made a big impact, but so did Bradbury and Pyrgos. Bradbury brought some much needed extra grunt to our power game, and Pyrgos was much more effective than Groom. I thought Glasgow were the better team in the first 50 minutes, and we were a bit fortunate to go in level at half time. We looked a bit lethargic, and kicked the ball away pointlessly too many times. With the subs on we really stepped up our game, and ran out deserved winners. It also helped our game that Hastings went off, as I thought he played really well, and they were much less dangerous without him. A good game to watch, and a very good win for us in the end.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
Cammo Gunner wrote:Adamson should never ref derby games again. Was he wearing a Warrior's shirt or do I need my eyes tested :?:
He was almost as good as Clancy. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Marius would almost be a better option. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Weegies think he was our 16th player :?: :?: :?: WTF

Dave Rennie could referee Glasgow and their fans would accuse him of bias.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s because he has chucked it and now hates Glasgow. Anyway it’s all Scott Johnson’s fault.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Regarding one of the point above, the awful kick from Bennett could well have cost him a starting sport against Ireland, that and Jones getting back to his best.

Scott looks so dangerous this season, he has to make the squad.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:33 pm

I thought Bennet was our quietest back today, he was fine but agree he probably won’t get into 6n squad. Hutchinson will be nailed on and with Taylor, Scott and probably Jones ahead of him. Not sure how Harris is do8ng at Glaws?

Steyn and Grigg will be out if the reckoning, Steyn looks much better in centre than wing but Rennie doesn’t seem to see it that way.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:02 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:I thought Bennet was our quietest back today, he was fine but agree he probably won’t get into 6n squad. Hutchinson will be nailed on and with Taylor, Scott and probably Jones ahead of him. Not sure how Harris is do8ng at Glaws?

Steyn and Grigg will be out if the reckoning, Steyn looks much better in centre than wing but Rennie doesn’t seem to see it that way.

Harris appears to be starting every game at Glaws.

Bennett has been quiet for quite a few games. Hutchinson has to start for Scotland. He's absolutely electrifying.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:11 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:I thought Bennet was our quietest back today, he was fine but agree he probably won’t get into 6n squad. Hutchinson will be nailed on and with Taylor, Scott and probably Jones ahead of him. Not sure how Harris is do8ng at Glaws?

Harris appears to be starting every game at Glaws.

Bennett has been quiet for quite a few games. Hutchinson has to start for Scotland. He's absolutely electrifying.

He, Hutchinson, seem equally at home at 12 and 13, so it depends on blends and balance, I guess.

A nice headache for Toonie.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Some thoughts on the actual match from me: http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/matchday/reports

But I like Hutchinson too ...
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:46 pm

Thought it a defence dominated first 40 punctuated with a couple of fine tries.

Second 40 better.

Main concern from an ER point of view is our ability to create and pick up points on our ball, think 3 tries were turnover off GW errors that we finished really well but at other times we went through loads of phases without looking like scoring.

Matt Scott looked really sharp when he came on, thought Taylor does not look out his depth in the bigger club games either.

Ritchie - glad he is ER and Scotland player what a pain in the KelvinDeaker plays right on, or over, the line but we have so few players with both his edge and ability, great to watch. My early nomination for caullie lug!
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:57 pm

Martin Bell wrote:Some thoughts on the actual match from me: http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/matchday/reports

"Tifosi" - *applauds*

I think Muckle great Duhan should be given a huge amount of credit for Mickle Darcy's match-wining try, vdM took a ball that was dying and made it into great counter-attack ball through his enormous strength and belief in the attacking ability of our team - that BP was down to him as much as Graham's lethal finishing and Bennett's perfect draw-and-pass
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:32 am

Tichtheid wrote:
Martin Bell wrote:Some thoughts on the actual match from me: http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/matchday/reports

"Tifosi" - *applauds*

I think Muckle great Duhan should be given a huge amount of credit for Mickle Darcy's match-wining try, vdM took a ball that was dying and made it into great counter-attack ball through his enormous strength and belief in the attacking ability of our team - that BP was down to him as much as Graham's lethal finishing and Bennett's perfect draw-and-pass

I see the usual MariusJonker are out in force across by
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:55 am

GaryIPA wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:

"Tifosi" - *applauds*

I see the usual MariusJonker are out in force across by

Aye, but I genuinely think we have the better team now, it might take a couple of years and a couple of changes, but apart from Horne Jnr, Price and Hastings, I'll take our backs over theirs, and I'll back Charlie Shiel in the long term, he is going to be great.

The packs aren't even close
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:10 am

VDM when qualified and Graham can’t be far away Scotland’s first choice wingers.

Scott today was outstanding and needs to repeat now.

Pack pretty much as good as any available. Down to coach preference.

Still concerned they are a bit mentally fragile at times.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:24 am

GaryIPA wrote:
Still concerned they are a bit mentally fragile at times.

Yes, they are.

They need to grind out away wins over many years to get to the level of the Munsters, Leinsters, Sarries, Toulouses etc, but baby steps, we should have won last week, we were good enough to do so, these are the games we need to win to progress.

We have Kings at home then Bordeaux away then Agen at home - three wins will make a statement
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum