Edinburgh vs Bordeaux

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh vs Bordeaux

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:58 am

Qualifiers looking to be from the following.

Castre
Worcester
Dragons
Toulon (Q)
Scarlets
Bordeaux (Q)
Edinburgh
Bristol (Q)
Leicester(Q)
Pau

The Castre/Worcester/Dragons group is tight and looks like it may produce one of the best runners up potentially Dragons.

Scarlets and Pau likely to be fighting over the last space

Bordeaux aside, who I assume we can’t get (EDIT: we can actually get them again), I don’t think we should fear any of these teams. Agree that a trip to Leicester would be fun.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Edinburgh vs Bordeaux

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:20 am

Weegie wrote:
Crichton Gunner wrote:Not unexpected result. Hopefully none of the injuries are too serious. Kudos to those supporters that travelled for this game, at least they got some sunshine.

We did thanks. There were a lot there and UBB were good value.

The line out was poor, but a lot was due to UBB reading it well and attacking it hard. We seemed to panic a bit.

UBB were better at converting chances better, and seemed more tactically flexible. We kept going with tactics that were just not working.

I think we definitely missed Toolis and Gilchrist in the line out. I'm not convinced by Willemse's throwing, but Cherry didn't seem much better.

Radradra is a top class player, and Jalibert had a good, creative game. To me, they were the big difference in attacking play between the two teams.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum