Streaming classic games

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Streaming classic games

Postby biffer on Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:16 pm

Seems Edinburgh are going to do a bit of this.

First up today is Edinburgh v Toulouse from 2003
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Streaming classic games

Postby biffer on Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:33 pm

Scotland v Ireland 2017 on Friday Night
Edinburgh v Toulon away game from last season on Saturday afternoon.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby gone south on Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:24 pm

https://www.pro14.rugby/pro14tv/all-videos

Change the filters to full games and the club of your choice. 2018/19 and 2019/20 available.
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:05 pm

monkey
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:25 am

monkey wrote:.

Pardon. :lol:
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:04 pm

3pm today - RC Toulon V Edinburgh, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VxuOm4s9E
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby monkey on Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Pitfitter446 wrote:
monkey wrote:.

Pardon. :lol:

You heard ;)
monkey
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:40 pm

Frenchy wrote:3pm today - RC Toulon V Edinburgh, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VxuOm4s9E

That was a great win, if not exactly a brilliant performance. JJ was really good in that game, whilst I hope Scott and Bennett continue as our first line centre choice, to have players the calibre of Taylor, Dean and JJ champing at the bit is really good, the best midfield situation we've had, imo.

The plaudits went to Big Bill for the pass to JJ, but Ritchie's offload to Darcy for his try was almost as good, and it was brilliant to see DG blast over the top of the defender, the wee man is hard as LawrenceBryce.
King Blairhorn's "take and give" abilities are top class - anyone else here remember Denis Charvet in the French centres? He made Sella look good because of that ability. (okay it wasn't only that that made Sella look good, but still)

This is a particularly frustrating time as all the years we had a, let's be honest, SteveWalsh team, and now we have some potential with real players in Edinburgh jerseys, and depth too.

Having said that, it's only rugby.

Keep safe, stay indoors and fight tooth and nail for the NHS on the other side of this.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:06 am

Really enjoyed seeing that again.I hadn't realised quite how much Edinburgh dominated the second half.I'd forgotten that Bennett and Scott were both injured but certainly weren't missed as both Johnstone and Dean played excetionally well.
Given we now have George Taylor looking "top drawer" I wonder what will happen about Duncan Taylor if the rumours are true that both he and Maitland will be coming north next season ( at least for the year Saracens are relegated). With five top centres not sure how he'd fit in here-though equally Glasgow are very well stocked at centre.
(Maitland probably fits well at Glasgow-his old team and seems DTH VDM is leaving/retiring.)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby The Incredible Shug on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Keep safe, stay indoors and fight tooth and nail for the NHS on the other side of this.

Hear hear.

–––––

Edinburgh vs Harlequins from 2016 was streamed today. VERY good first half; a shame we let so many tries in in the second half, but glad to get the win.

Damo was an absolute rockstar in that match - incredible game from him, creating most of our tries. Kinghorn and Watson were both excellent, and Nasi Manu also had a strong game. We attacked really well, too!

Kinghorn; Hoyland, Dean, Burleigh, Brown; Tovey, Kennedy; Sutherland, Ford, Nel; Toolis, Gilchrist (C); Bradbury, Watson; Manu.

Replacements: McInally, Dell, Arregui, McKenzie, Mata, Hidalgo-Clyne, Allen, G Bryce.

Bit of a throwback of a team (Arregui!) – and it's worth remembering that our pack faltered late on in part because Dell had played most of the match by that point (he scored our first try), having replaced Sutherland.
Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!
The Incredible Shug
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:49 am

Despite having been at the game I didn’t remember much of it so it was good to watch again, I’m longing for live rugby though.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:33 pm

The Incredible Shug wrote:
Edinburgh vs Harlequins from 2016 was streamed today. VERY good first half; a shame we let so many tries in in the second half, but glad to get the win.Damo was an absolute rockstar in that match - incredible game from him, creating most of our tries. Kinghorn and Watson were both excellent, and Nasi Manu also had a strong game. We attacked really well, too!.

hammered a poor Quins then sat back too much and nearly blew it. So Edinburgh!

Have to say I thought Sean Kennedy was really good in that game, really good. Shame he didn't replicate that display more often
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:11 pm

It was good fun watching that Montpellier game from January 2019 - it seems so much longer ago than that!

Our scrum was magnificent, aprt from the one time Doyle let them away with a hit and chase - you can even hear him say on the ref mic 'they put the ball in on "set"', which is the very definition of a hit and chase.

Anyway, a good win, Big Bill was terrific, but all the plaudits have to go to WP and Schoey, plus Rambo in the loose, mind, having said that, Alan Dell, Cherry and Bergs did a number on the opposition front row.

I can't wait to see Duhan in a Scotland shirt, he is something so very different to anything we've had for a very long time, if ever.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum