Edinburgh v Toulouse 2003

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Edinburgh v Toulouse 2003

Postby doedin on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:25 am

Just watched the game on Facebook. Was there with my son who was 9 at the time, he still remembers the game. We had some cracking players in those days. Game was a bit different, in particular the scrums which were just chaos. We looked good all game and really took the battle to them up front. Watching Taylor play just reminds me how good a player he was before he was injured. Ditto Smith who was all over the park. That was some Toulouse team!

My player ratings are:

Jacobson 8 - struggled a little in the scrum but did lots of hard work in the loose
Hall 6 - line out a bit of a mess but worked hard
Smith 9 - my man of the match, showed pace and good hands
Hines 8 - hard work and grit throughout and scored excellent try
Murray 7 - as above
Blackadder 8 - did all the hard and dirty work at the breakdown, carried time and time again
Cross 6 - struggled a bit in this company but worked his socks off
Taylor 9 - showed his world class, always on the shoulder and always made yards when carrying

Blair 7 - his pass was a bit erratic but played sensibly and kept his pack going forward
Paterson 8 - got better as the game went on, his break for final try was electic
Webster 7 - looked dangerous all game and tried to get involved, unfortunate to go off with bad injury
Laney 7 - defied the kgs to score the last try of the game, was solid throughout
Di Rollo 6 - missed crucial tackle to let them score but otherwise was reliable throughout the game
Joiner 6 - quiet game but made yards when he had ball in hand
Lee 7 - made his tackles all game and looked to make yards but struggled to find space

OK - we got thumped in the return leg but still a great result for us.
doedin
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum