Premier Sports Pause subscription facility

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Premier Sports Pause subscription facility

Postby The Chiel on Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:43 pm

Having sorted out the subscription pause on Sky & BT Sport a while back, I confess I rather lost sight of Premier Sports.
However for anyone who doesn’t know ( and apologies if this is a repeat of something I’ve missed ) PS also now have a subscription pause facility. I access via Sky, but assume the other subscription routes have the pause facility as well.

So the route for me was to the PS web site ( https://www.premiersports.com/ ), log in and click on the Manage your Account - Sky viewers link. Click on subscription and it gives you your current info and that’s where you’ll see the Pause button. Press that, and it asks you for your Sky viewing number and then click to activate the Pause.

Er – it didn’t work ! I got a screen saying in red print ""Items cannot be added - please try again". However after trying a few times, I then emailed PS on support@premiersports.com and said if the pause didn’t work, should I just cancel altogether ? In fairness after I the automated reply, I then got a proper response within half an hour to say they’d paused it for me.

They don’t know when they’ll restart, but obviously I doubt it will be soon.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Re: Premier Sports Pause subscription facility

Postby doedin on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:46 am

Cheers - just tried the process you advised - will let you know how it goes.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:53 pm

I subscribed via Virgin Media as an add-on, and whilst they've paused my BT Sport sub, I was unable to get through to them to talk about the PS sub, and there wasn't an option to pause that via their website, as I did with BT Sport.

Hey ho.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby bigparahandy on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:18 pm

I've been trying to pause my subscription for a while now and kept getting that same error message. I tried again today on the back of this thread and again no joy. I emailed them and got a prompt reply to say that the pause option was no longer valid.

I emailed back and said in that case i'll just cancel and take out a new subscription when the rugby is back. 2 mins later I got a call from them. I'm now paused and because I pay annually they will merely extend the renewal date by the length of time my account is paused.
bigparahandy
Established pro

Postby doedin on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:35 pm

Good to know - cheers!
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:41 am

I chased PS about the pause as my contract has just over a month to go and I wanted to avoid any chance of them rolling it over for full fee. Renewal was being punted at £120, which I told them would result in me cancelling the subscription.

Whilst they still can't say how long the pause will be ( and I'm sure it will be fudged in their favour ), they've agreed the current expiry date of my contract will be extended by the pause period, and then a full year at £89.00. Just less than £7.50 per month seems decent. However they have in the past done Black Friday deals at much less .

That's via Sky.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:05 pm

So despite having three separate emails confirming that my contract would be extended due to the lack of live sport, and that I would pay a reduced rate for an annual subscription after that date, Premier Sports today attempted to charge me the full whack of £120 exactly one year from payment of my last annual subscription.

What a shower - beware ! :-x :-x
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Did anyone have the premier player option rather than through sky/virgin, can you stream through smart TVs or is it more tablet friendly? Thanks
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:00 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Did anyone have the premier player option rather than through sky/virgin, can you stream through smart TVs or is it more tablet friendly? Thanks

I've cast it from my laptop or phone to Apple TV / Cromecast with inconsistent results. Definitely better just watching on your laptop or tablet.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:48 pm

I got an email from Premier this afternoon offering subscription to Edinburgh fans for £80, with £10 of that going to the club. Don't know if I got it because I was a subscriber who had previously cancelled or if it went to the Edinburgh database of fans, but it does say it doesn't apply to existing subscribers.

Promo code is EDINBURGH80 if anyone wants to take it up :)
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks for that, I didn't get it.

Looks decent value.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:08 am

I tried that last week-as a member of the Castle Club-but they said didn'y apply to existing subscribers.Eventually agreed on a renewal figure of £99.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:07 am

liveinhope wrote:I tried that last week-as a member of the Castle Club-but they said didn'y apply to existing subscribers.Eventually agreed on a renewal figure of £99.

Had an almighty pain in the KelvinDeaker getting there, but after receiving the renewal offer of £120 a year, they came down to £89. I then said I was disgusted that they would offer £80 to former and new subscribers, but not to loyal ones. Did I have to cancel to get this offer? Eventually they let me renew at £80.

I get that the model is to make more margin out of lazy people, but a renewal hike from £89 last year to £120, especially this year of all years, isn’t treating customers fairly. If the auto renewal had been £90 I wouldn’t have bothered to argue.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:27 pm

How did you get in touch with them NC.

I've been trying a number, but it's not accepting calls. I joined the castle club for the discount, but can't subscribe as my cards expire within a year. I'm a bit TonySpreadbury off really as the was nothing in the Edinburgh deal about exposing you to an ongoing subscription, and seems like sharp practice by Premier.

Looks like I will miss today's game, and will have the hassle of getting a replacement card and contacting my other regular payments commitments. That or not bothering, and taking it up with Edinburgh, as it was one of the reasons for apply for the castle membership.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:02 pm

New Gunner wrote:
liveinhope wrote:I tried that last week-as a member of the Castle Club-but they said didn'y apply to existing subscribers.Eventually agreed on a renewal figure of £99.

Had an almighty pain in the KelvinDeaker getting there, but after receiving the renewal offer of £120 a year, they came down to £89. I then said I was disgusted that they would offer £80 to former and new subscribers, but not to loyal ones. Did I have to cancel to get this offer? Eventually they let me renew at £80.

I get that the model is to make more margin out of lazy people, but a renewal hike from £89 last year to £120, especially this year of all years, isn’t treating customers fairly. If the auto renewal had been £90 I wouldn’t have bothered to argue.

I cancelled my annual subscription a while back, when the rugby stopped, but it doesn't run out until next month sometime. So I get these 2 games just fine. Currently the renewal offer on my account is £99, which I will go for next month, and I am sure I can apply the discount code at checkout. Job done.

Remember you can cancel your account at any time, so my thinking is you can cancel an annual one anytime after setting it up, but it should still run to end of year and you are then a new subscriber again :D

If I'm wrong please tell me!
joe soap
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum